Wifi and data notification

Gerhard Guevarra

Jan 19, 2017, 4:42:40 PM1/19/17
to Tasker
I'm trying to set up a tasker so that there's a notification when there's no wifi and my data is being used at home.

Here's my problem.  On rare occasions, internet will not be working at home, but of course my router is still working.  So my phone recognizes there's a wifi signal (there's still the wifi icon at the top of the phone).  But no internet connection, so of course, my phone automatically uses data.

One time, I was watching a movie or listening to music, and internet kicked off, and my phone automatically switched over to data, and my data use shot way up that month.

Is there a way to set up a notificaiton when wifi has not internet connection, data is being used, and only for a specific location (my house)?

Graphic

Jan 19, 2017, 7:20:05 PM1/19/17
to Tasker
Don't you have an option for that in your phone wifi settings?
In my phone while exploring wifi networks i press the capacitive left button, advanced: Check Internet Service.
That also happened to me in the past, this option solves it, you will receive a notification and sound when that occurs.
And a failsafe is to turn off data while connected to wifi.