How to abort a task which is triggered by Unread Text state (notifications for unread messages)

Dalibor Čarapić

Jun 30, 2015, 5:58:27 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.
I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask so please point me in the right direction if it is not so.

I've created a new profile which is triggered with state 'Unread test' (SMS).
As the 'Enter' task I've created a for loop with 4 entries representing the amount of minutes I would like to wait before ringing a notification sound.
Roughly the task list looks like the following:

>> PROFILE
Unread Text SMS

>> ENTER
for %mins in 1,2,4,10
   Wait %mins Minutes
   Play notification ringtone
end for

The problem here is even if I read the notification the task will keep on ringing until the for loop is exhausted.
To solve the issue I introduced a global variable which I set in ENTER task and clear in the EXIT task so my profile looks to be as follows:

>> ENTER
Set %UNREADMSGS to 1
for %mins in 1,2,4,10
   Wait %mins Minutes
   Stop if %UNREADMSGS <> 1
   Play notification ringtone
end for

<< EXIT
Set %UNREADMSGS to 0

However this does not seem to work. EXIT task does not seem to be run once I read the SMS message (or the Stop does not terminate the task).

Any tips on what could be the problem here?

Scott

Jun 30, 2015, 9:20:05 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
In your exit task just use the Task>Stop action and specify the ENTER task.  You can remove the Stop if part from your ENTER task.

Dalibor Čarapić

Jun 30, 2015, 9:24:56 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I will try it out and see how it works.

Dalibor Čarapić

Jun 30, 2015, 9:29:39 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it does not seem to work. I read the message and the notifications are still executing.

easiuser

Jun 30, 2015, 9:33:41 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Turn off Enforce Task Order in the profiles properties.  If it is ticked, the Exit task cannot run until the Entry task is finished.

Long press on the profile and then tap the 3 slider icon.

Dalibor Čarapić

Jun 30, 2015, 9:44:38 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
It works!!!