what am i missing?

adam c anderson

Feb 26, 2015, 6:36:24 PM2/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
i'm trying what i think is a simple wifi profile. when i'm home or at the office, i want my wifi on. when i'm in neither place, i want wifi off.

here's what i've set up:

Profile: wifi (39)
Time:  Every 2m
Day: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri or Sat
Enter: wifi/data on/off (32)
A1: If [ %Wifi !~ on ]
A2: WiFi [ Set:Off ]
A3: Mobile Data [ Set:On ]
A4: Auto-Sync [ Set:On ]
A5: Else
A6: WiFi [ Set:On ]
A7: Mobile Data [ Set:On ]
A8: Auto-Sync [ Set:On ]
A9: End If

Profile: %wifi on @ home (31)
Location: [REDACTED] / 30.0m
Enter: wifi (56)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Wifi To:on Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

Profile: %wifi on @ office (57)
Location: 33.41654586791992 / -111.83443450927734 / 300.0m
Enter: wifi (56)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Wifi To:on Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

it will turn wifi on at home or the office, but it will not turn wifi off when i leave those places.

any thoughts?

thank you,

Scott Windham

Feb 26, 2015, 7:58:11 PM2/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
 For my profile I use Near Cell and Near wifi to connect / disconnect

 Scott

Robert Ryan

Feb 26, 2015, 11:31:31 PM2/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
What about just:

Profile: WIFI (12)
State: Wifi Near [ SSID:Redacted MAC:* Capabilities:* Min. Activate Signal Level:0 Channel:0 Toggle Wifi:Off ]
Enter: Anon (34)
A1: WiFi [ Set:On ]

Exit: Anon (82)
A1: WiFi [ Set:Off ]

Works best "Scanning Always Available" is enabled in Android settings.
Message has been deleted

Brad Minion

Feb 27, 2015, 8:32:57 AM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Your home and office profiles don't have exit tasks. So, for example, once your home profile sets the variable to ON, there's nothing to set it to OFF except when you are at the office.

adam c anderson

Feb 27, 2015, 7:11:06 PM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Brad. That seems to have done it. I wonder where else I could use some exit tasks.