Images/Icons when switching/upgrading device

Alexander Graetz

May 18, 2018, 7:14:43 AM5/18/18
to Tasker
I want to upgrade my device I am using to develop with tasker. My projects contain contain quite a lot images. Whenever I restore a backup on another device (whether via taskers backup/restore or titanium backup) none of the images work and I have to go through all my scenes and tasks and reselect every single image. It's quite a challange to not miss anything and takes a lot time.

Can this be improved? All the images are stored at the same location so it's not an issue with the path. I think tasker doesn't got the necessary permissions to access the files without reselecting them.

Thx

João Dias

May 18, 2018, 8:02:32 AM5/18/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Maybe vote for the feature here? Thanks!

joaomgcd

May 18, 2018, 8:03:16 AM5/18/18
to Tasker

Alexander Graetz

May 18, 2018, 8:07:09 AM5/18/18
to Tasker
This isn't what I mean. If I backup/export a project as xml and import it on another device, all images show a warning sign although the path hasn't changed and all images are present on the device. They should just work but for some reason tasker can't/won't access them.

João Dias

May 21, 2018, 6:35:12 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, thanks for the clarification. Are those files in internal memory or on the SD card?

Alexander Graetz

May 21, 2018, 3:43:25 PM5/21/18
to Tasker
Internal storage