Notify LED on Android 7

Antoine Cadoret

Sep 23, 2016, 10:01:30 AM9/23/16
to Tasker
Hello,
There is an issue with LED notify on Android Nougat:
- screen doens't turn On when the notification pop
- phone notification LED stay Off too (I tryed many colors)

A bit disturbing if the notification can notify me.

I'm using Nexus 5X and this feature worked fine before the update :(

Any help?

John Doe

Sep 23, 2016, 4:20:42 PM9/23/16
to Tasker
Yes, I can confirm. On Nexus 5x with Android 7 notify led doesn't work.

Pent

Sep 25, 2016, 3:09:33 AM9/25/16
to Tasker
Already have a note about that one, will look at it when the N6 update comes.

Pent

John Doe

Oct 1, 2016, 5:44:51 AM10/1/16
to Tasker
I don't know if it's a bug or not, however it seems the led is now turned on if the notification has at least a sound/vibration.

Scott in Pollock

Oct 30, 2016, 9:00:37 AM10/30/16
to Tasker
Any update on this? Would love to have this working.

Pent

Oct 31, 2016, 5:00:09 AM10/31/16
to Tasker

I don't know if it's a bug or not, however it seems the led is now turned on if the notification has at least a sound/vibration.

I couldn't get the LED to light at all even with vibration or sound added, although the screen does come on at least if
vibration/sound is set.

There's nothing in the system log either.

Apparently it's a widespread problem since the 7.0 update:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/1CVY-gxY2-Q
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=203860&q=nougat%20led&colspec=ID%20Status%20Priority%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars%20Reporter%20Opened

None of the suggested fixes worked for me (didn't try the factory reset), also
the System UI tweaks stuff.

Since the issue is marked as Defect in the Android bug tracker, I'm going to wait and
see what happens.

Pent

John Doe

Oct 31, 2016, 6:48:04 AM10/31/16
to Tasker
With Notification Listener plugin it works as described in the issue. With default priority and a sound or vibration the led is turned on.

dougwzz99

Feb 26, 2017, 12:51:26 PM2/26/17
to Tasker
I'm on a Samsung S7 Edge, and have just updated to Nougat and have run into this issue. Any update on a solution? I can confirm that if I use the Custom Notification
option in the Notification Listener plugin WITH a sound file  (the sound file being silent) then I can get the LED to work...but I have many tasks using 'Notify LED' and converting
them to use Notification Listener (along with the associated cancel of the LED notification) will be a big effort!

How about in the interim (while Google maybe, eventually fix this) adding a 'play sound file' option to Notify LED? Or even 'under the covers' just get Notify LED to play a silent
WAV or MP.3 sound file, is that possible/feasible?

Any suggestions would be welcome, TIA.

--Doug.

schrott 97

Sep 14, 2017, 5:52:15 PM9/14/17
to Tasker
Notify LED still does not work for me on Android 7.1.2 (Lineage OS 14.1)

At the moment, I'm using the (already mentioned above) following workarounds:
- Light Flow from Reactle (advantage: you don't have to change your existing notification tasks). There's a light version for testing.
- Notification Listener from Marco Stornelli (advantage: you have got more customisation options for notifications eg. colour for small icon and text of creating app, big icons and many more)

Both working fine on my device.