Heads Up: Android Notifier + Tasker Notify

Ozgreg

Sep 17, 2010, 12:10:08 AM9/17/10
to Tasker
Just in case you do not know Android notifier is a way receive (phone)
notifications Growl or windows.. :)

Just saw a new thread with the upcoming function to allow tasker to
push notifications directly to Notifier..

http://code.google.com/p/android-notifier/issues/detail?id=44

Now that is what I call some damn nice functionality...

Pent

Sep 17, 2010, 4:51:29 AM9/17/10
to Tasker
Just so I understand: if I send that intent USER_MESSAGE, then the
notifier service on Android will pass it through to the users
desktop ?

Pent

Ozgreg

Sep 17, 2010, 10:00:08 AM9/17/10
to Tasker
Yes that is right Pent.. (Pass through via an executing Java program
on your PC)

Pent

Sep 17, 2010, 10:14:19 AM9/17/10
to Tasker
OK, I'll throw it in for next time.

Pent

Ozgreg

Sep 19, 2010, 5:49:10 AM9/19/10
to Tasker
Thanks Pent, 0.2.6 has been released with Third Party Apps Support. I
not had much of a chance to play around with it.. But hopefully I
should be able to do some quick testing soonish..

Ozgreg

Sep 19, 2010, 8:20:44 PM9/19/10
to Tasker
Pent,

Looks like Third Party Notification support has been fully added in
the client and desktop apps..

Is this something we can use out of the box or support from you would
be required??

Care to throw me some hints ;)

Thanks

Brandon K

Sep 19, 2010, 8:50:16 PM9/19/10
to Tasker
I could help test this feature as well. I got this program a couple
days ago and love it. I get notified of an incoming phone call before
the ring even starts! The possibilities of this with tasker are pretty
exciting. Stuff I can think of are notifying you what tasks are active
currently, let you know when battery is low, and of course SMS
notification. Looking forward to this!

Pent

Sep 20, 2010, 5:33:23 AM9/20/10
to Tasker
I put an action in the 3rd Party category for it.

You can test it with Action Intent already if you like, but don't ask
me for
help please :-)

Pent

Ozgreg