Crashing Google play Services using Smart lock

Dirk Burgdorf

Mar 21, 2015, 4:56:59 AM3/21/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
On my Galaxy S5, if Tasker is enabled and in Lollipop Smart Lock a trusted place is set, the google play services crash upon booting. Setting the trusted place again after boot makes both apps working in line. Diasabeling Tasker works also. Any Ideas or fixes or workarounds ?

Todd Felmly

Mar 28, 2015, 8:19:01 PM3/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Same problem but had no idea Tasker had anything to do with it. I have a Note 4 with Tasker.

Sean Williams

Mar 28, 2015, 8:32:26 PM3/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure this is a Tasker issue? Play services has been sporadically crashing on me for the past few weeks. Tasker hasn't been updated in this time play services most likely has as Google does this without any notification.

My device, LG N4

Todd Felmly

Mar 28, 2015, 8:34:14 PM3/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Tasker is at fault. I disabled it and rebooted and play services still crashed at boot. It only crashes with smart lock on.

Scott Windham

Mar 29, 2015, 10:28:36 PM3/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

  I am not running Smart Lock and I get it all the time.
I went to one of those Samsung Hub in Best Buy, they said it is a known issues with lollipop. Along with Contacts stopping.
 Also if you are on Verizon they had a bug in there OTA process. Not sure what the bug is.

Scott