Tasker Beta 5.0b3+

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 3:40:15 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Download:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

This beta (and the final version) are only for Android 5.0+ devices.
Read the notes on the beta page before install!

I'm still chewing through issues reported on the previous thread,
there's no need to repost if you've already mentioned a
problem.

Pent

Raul SC

Jun 10, 2017, 5:20:30 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
FIXED UP

The images of the applications created with Tasker, are shown correctly with this latest version.

Message has been deleted

Oleksiy Onufriychuk

Jun 10, 2017, 5:24:52 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

UI bug, when create new task or profile and rename tabs
Also present on 4.9u4
Device OnePlus 3t, 7.1.1

Christophe

Jun 10, 2017, 5:33:39 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Hi,
I noted that task initiated by assistance request event are not working
Christophe

Christophe

Jun 10, 2017, 5:39:31 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

I also noted lots of warning/error message:

Ken Burton

Jun 10, 2017, 6:30:47 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
On the main screen it is showing Tasker if Off.  How do you turn it back on?  Been working on this for an hour.  Stable version you would press the icon but there isnt one.  Not sure how it turned off in the first place.

John Doe

Jun 10, 2017, 6:33:14 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
About the fab I think you did a good work. I like the final solution. Maybe it would be good to have a slightly major padding at the end of the list, but as I said I like it. There is a bug about variables in the plugin. You are sending variables name and descriptions. Is it a change in the protocol? Or a bug? Are you asking to change the plugins to parse the string and extract the variables names? Can you clarify? Because it's clear at all. Thanks.

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 6:33:31 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

On the main screen it is showing Tasker if Off.  How do you turn it back on?  Been working on this for an hour.  Stable version you would press the icon but there isnt one.  Not sure how it turned off in the first place.

Menu / Enable Tasker.

You can also use a Quick Settings tile if you have Android 7.0+.

Pent

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 6:33:54 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

>I noted that task initiated by assistance request event are not working

Was working before beta ?

Pent

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 6:35:52 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

UI bug, when create new task or profile and rename tabs
Also present on 4.9u4
Device OnePlus 3t, 7.1.1

It's a ROM bug somewhere on your device only.

Could you post a screenshot so I can see how it looks on b3 ?

Thanks,

Pent

Ken Burton

Jun 10, 2017, 6:42:57 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Are you referring to the 3 dots?  Not there.

Ken Burton

Jun 10, 2017, 7:10:56 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 7:19:07 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
You're on version b3 right ? Do you mean the 3 dots aren't there, or the Enable Tasker entry isn't ?

Pent

Rich D

Jun 10, 2017, 7:19:15 AM6/10/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post
I like the new scroll up -> projects disappear feature, However on the pixel c with a fast flick up the bottom bar will bounce (flash on on and off).

Oh, and my fab is beautiful ... Thank you :)

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 7:20:06 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

There is a bug about variables in the plugin. You are sending variables name and descriptions. Is it a change in the protocol? Or a bug? Are you asking to change the plugins to parse the string and extract the variables names? Can you clarify? Because it's clear at all. Thanks.

I have your original comment still noted, I just havn't got to it.

Pent

SGS

Jun 10, 2017, 7:24:15 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Ken Burton

Jun 10, 2017, 7:31:58 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
I was on b1.  Downloaded b3.  Issue resolved!  Many thanks!  Love the new material design look.

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 7:33:52 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

I was on b1.  Downloaded b3.  Issue resolved!  Many thanks!  Love the new material design look.

Please always check you have the latest version before reporting something.

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 7:34:28 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

I like the new scroll up -> projects disappear feature, However on the pixel c with a fast flick up the bottom bar will bounce (flash on on and off).

I know it's not perfect, I wanted to see if people liked it before taking the time to fine-tune.

Pent

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 7:35:38 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

On Saturday, 10 June 2017 13:24:15 UTC+2, SGS wrote:

 Sorry, not all.Missing my cancel

Could you please describe the problem in more detail, I can't guess it from your
screenshots.

Thanks,

Pent

SGS

Jun 10, 2017, 7:43:34 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Thx Pent for quick update.

Missing only picture from here.

Sorry if this post is double
Projekt23.png
Projekt24.png
Projekt25.png

Morgan Young

Jun 10, 2017, 7:49:12 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Tasker 5 beta3 does not seem to be passing to gentle alarm to turn off and on alarms as appropriate.

SGS

Jun 10, 2017, 8:03:54 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

In Scenes - Properties - Actions - Perform Task  = no icon from /Tasker/.icn/
Other pic from there are correct now.

Sorry about my english is bad ;)

German translation
Object = Objekt
Unschalten = Umschalten
Not big, but long time wrong ;)

Christophe

Jun 10, 2017, 8:46:23 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Hi Pent,
Yes, it was
Christophe

Oleksiy Onufriychuk

Jun 10, 2017, 10:41:46 AM6/10/17
to Tasker

Black line is request for new task name

when rename task, all is okay

Paul Trevino

Jun 10, 2017, 11:17:19 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Bug report:

Set default ringtone. Select ringer. Click magnifying glass to select tone. List showed notification tones instead of ringer tones.

Set default ringtone. Select notification. Click magnifying glass to select tone. List showed ringer tones instead of notification tones.

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 11:36:08 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
> Black line is request for new task name

OK, so it's not hidden, it's squashed.

Sorry, but since it's only this device/ROM and I don't have one to test with,
I don't know how to proceed about fixing it.

Pent

Adrian Flores

Jun 10, 2017, 1:18:32 PM6/10/17
to Tasker
Possible bug in SQL Query action. The action fails in the new Tasker Beta, but was working fine in previous version. Haven't changed a thing.

Here's the error log (the part where the error occurs at least. Its rather long)

http://imgur.com/a/SPNNC

Adrian Flores

Jun 10, 2017, 1:24:06 PM6/10/17
to Tasker
I would also like to make a few suggestions, UI related.

Adding end and start margins in the profile list items. I don't mean to be picky regarding material guidelines, it's just that it looks a bit funny and it's easier to click the switches that way. Switches and profile names are too close to the edges. Also, I think some form of visual indication of where an action is going be inserted when moving it should be provided. It's not immediately apparent where the action is going to be dropped.

Pent

Jun 10, 2017, 2:23:00 PM6/10/17
to Tasker

On Saturday, 10 June 2017 19:24:06 UTC+2, Adrian Flores wrote:
I would also like to make a few suggestions, UI relaeted.

Adding end and start margins in the profile list items. I don't mean to be picky regarding material guidelines, it's just that it looks a bit funny and it's  easier to click the switches that way.

Switches and profile names are too close to the edges.

You lost me a bit. By 'end and start margins' do you mean 'right and left margins' or is that not related to the switches and profile names ?

Pent

Adrian Flores

Jun 10, 2017, 2:31:48 PM6/10/17
to Tasker
Yeah, left and right margins, I was referring to the XML property of the View. I used end and start because now you're required to add both when adding a view in XML.

Basically I just mean separating the switches and the profile name TextViews from the side edges a bit.

John Doe

Jun 10, 2017, 3:22:15 PM6/10/17
to Tasker
Ok, however I'm not asking for a solution but I'd like to know if we have a bunch of code to change or not.

Oleksiy Onufriychuk

Jun 10, 2017, 4:14:28 PM6/10/17
to Tasker
then why in some case this view (input popup) work correctly?

Peter Bongé

Jun 10, 2017, 8:06:21 PM6/10/17
to Tasker
With animations disabled the bar doesn't hide and I can't see/open the last entry. It is hidden by the bar...
Even worse: I have one project with so much tasks that the last one is hidden by the project bar, but I can't scroll far enough that the bar hides...

Even more strange: The bottom bar of the task page is transparent and I really wonder why no one has posted this so far:

Also on this page I can't scroll far enough. Not more than you can see in the screenshot.

Besides all that I don't really like hiding bars. Especially with the project bar. I prefer to always see which project I'm in.

(Like you can see in the screenshot on Android O there is still the pink color problem, but I guess it's still on your list.)

Regards,
Peter Bonge

Rich D

Jun 10, 2017, 8:38:39 PM6/10/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

With animations disabled the bar doesn't hide and I can't see/open the last entry. It is hidden by the bar...
Even worse: I have one project with so much tasks that the last one is hidden by the project bar, but I can't scroll far enough that the bar hides...

I do like the new scroll-> hide project bar (with animations) but I would be just as happy with the old fixed bar as well if it is easier to get working with no animations.

Even more strange: The bottom bar of the task page is transparent and I really wonder why no one has posted this so far:

I had not noticed that yet. Completely agree the transparent is not good...

Jay M

Jun 10, 2017, 9:31:53 PM6/10/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

i thought the transparent bar was intentional because the task settings has also been moved to the actionbar 2 things i dont remember anyone suggesting, but obviously Pents gunna make changes that he wants.

i agree though it doesnt look good

Jay M ︻芫══一

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 1:43:23 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

On Saturday, 10 June 2017 22:14:28 UTC+2, Oleksiy Onufriychuk wrote:
then why in some case this view (input popup) work correctly?

Because it's probably the keyboard coming up that causes the problem.
Stuff at the top doesn't need to move.

Pent

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 1:54:49 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

With animations disabled the bar doesn't hide and I can't see/open the last entry. It is hidden by the bar...

 Will fix.

Even worse: I have one project with so much tasks that the last one is hidden by the project bar, but I can't scroll far enough that the bar hides...

Sorry, I didn't get that one. In the tasks tab on main screen  ? With animations enabled the bar doesn't hide ?

> Even more strange: The bottom bar of the task page is transparent

I followed Play Music for that one. I did the same on Locatoin edit screen and
some others where a bottom bar with controls is present. What do you
suggest ?

Also on this page I can't scroll far enough. Not more than you can see in the screenshot.

Sorry forgot that list, will fix.

Besides all that I don't really like hiding bars. Especially with the project bar. I prefer to always see which project I'm in.

You can disable animations.

(Like you can see in the screenshot on Android O there is still the pink color problem, but I guess it's still on your list.)

Didn't realise it was icons too, but yes, noted.

Pent

dmagicia...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2017, 2:08:46 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
I Hope that this is the correct thread to post this on, if not, My apologies -- I'll close and reopen...
Sorry for the Late wake-up...

Since the first 5.xxx beta (I've got it late last week) and haven't tested too long:
but (at on my device - Galaxy S6 Stock 6.0.1)
the scene edit is very slow, Any reason as of why or how what to do to resolve it?

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:40:15 AM UTC+3, Pent wrote:
Download:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

This beta (and the final version) are only for Android 5.0+ devices.
Read the notes on the beta page before install!

I'm still chewing through issues reported on the previous thread,
there's no need to repost if you've already mentioned a
problem.

Pent

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 2:11:17 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

> Even more strange: The bottom bar of the task page is transparent

I followed Play Music for that one. I did the same on Locatoin edit screen and
some others where a bottom bar with controls is present. What do you
suggest ?

Sorry, I understand what you mean for that one now, will fix :-)

Pent

John Doe

Jun 11, 2017, 2:41:57 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Can I have a yes or no? I just want to know if it's a bug or intended behavior. Thanks.

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 3:30:45 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 08:41:57 UTC+2, John Doe wrote:
Can I have a yes or no? I just want to know if it's a bug or intended behavior. Thanks.

I don't even understand the problem, I will have to try to reproduce whatever you are
describing first. I'm trying to make everyday usage comfortable for the majority of beta
testers first so they're not disadvantaged by being so kind as to test for me.

Pent

John Doe

Jun 11, 2017, 3:37:16 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Ahahah ok no probllem :) But at this point it doesn't seem to be intentional. The problem is quite simple: when you send the variables and the plugin retrieves their name via

String[] v = TaskerPlugin.getRelevantVariablesList(intent.getExtra());

The array contains even the descriptions. So for example you have "bla bla bla (%foo)". A plugin doesn't expect this kind of string at the moment so when you select a variable in a generic edit text all string is used. You should send only %foo variable.

Oleksiy Onufriychuk

Jun 11, 2017, 6:02:26 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
thx :( bad news for me ;(

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 6:10:46 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

thx :( bad news for me ;(

At least it's still possible to enter a name...

Pent

YT

Jun 11, 2017, 6:38:23 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Hi, I've noticed that call log permissions are now absent and therefore no call log view/delete functionality is present (even though these were working fine in v4.9)

Is call log functionality coming back to v5.0?

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 6:49:21 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

Hi, I've noticed that call log permissions are now absent and therefore no call log view/delete functionality is present (even though these were working fine in v4.9)

Is call log functionality coming back to v5.0?

Yes, they are added next update. They are also absent in 4.9, but Android grants them implicitly in
certain conditions (which are no longer the case for Tasker).

Pent

Hrishikesh Patil

Jun 11, 2017, 6:56:12 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Not exactly a bug, but there's a missing icon. There's no matching 'up' icon for the last 'down' icon with circular border
Screenshot_20170611-094445.png

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 7:04:03 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 12:56:12 UTC+2, Hrishikesh Patil wrote:
Not exactly a bug, but there's a missing icon. There's no matching 'up' icon for the last 'down' icon with circular border

I got the icons from Google, apparently they didn't think it was needed.

Pent

Peter Bongé

Jun 11, 2017, 7:35:47 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

Am Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017 07:54:49 UTC+2 schrieb Pent:
Even worse: I have one project with so much tasks that the last one is hidden by the project bar, but I can't scroll far enough that the bar hides...

Sorry, I didn't get that one. In the tasks tab on main screen  ? With animations enabled the bar doesn't hide ?

Yes, the tasks tab on the main screen and animations enabled. It scroll just for a few pixels. Seemingly not enough to hide the bar.

(Like you can see in the screenshot on Android O there is still the pink color problem, but I guess it's still on your list.)

Didn't realise it was icons too, but yes, noted.

Just to make sure you get all parts, these are the texts which are still pink here:
- profile names and conditions, incl. icons.
- scene names.

Jay M

Jun 11, 2017, 7:37:54 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Is there an alternative way to bring up this dialog or anyway to set its properties without using the actionbar.

Jonatan Steuernagel

Jun 11, 2017, 8:38:41 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Regarding the Black theme from some posts ago:
I would really like the Black theme to have the background be black of course and then with an accent color.
It would be awesome if the accent color would be selectable so everyone can tweak it to their liking. I've seen people want it to be red or orange and I'm personally a very big fan of holo or material design blue.

If that sounds like too much work I would also be happy with just the dark theme with the background set to black.

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 9:05:38 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Am Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017 07:54:49 UTC+2 schrieb Pent:
Even worse: I have one project with so much tasks that the last one is hidden by the project bar, but I can't scroll far enough that the bar hides...

Sorry, I didn't get that one. In the tasks tab on main screen  ? With animations enabled the bar doesn't hide ?

Yes, the tasks tab on the main screen and animations enabled. It scroll just for a few pixels. Seemingly not enough to hide the bar.

Ah, you have just enough tasks to fill the screen so enough scrolling is not possible
to reveal the last one ?

Pent

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 9:08:43 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 14:38:41 UTC+2, Jonatan Steuernagel wrote:
Regarding the Black theme from some posts ago:
I would really like the Black theme to have the background be black of course and then with an accent color.

OK, it's not much effort to add a modified Dark theme with black background. The accent colour
will stay orange however. At some point we have to accept that this is an automation app and
spending ages letting users tweak every detail of the UI gets a bit silly :-)

Pent

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 9:12:56 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 13:37:54 UTC+2, Jay M wrote:
Is there an alternative way to bring up this dialog or anyway to set its properties without using the actionbar.

Task properties ? No, sorry, guess you're having difficulties with your TV ? I do still plan to
get an Android TV sometime to test this stuff though.

Pent

Jonatan Steuernagel

Jun 11, 2017, 9:20:51 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Fair enough :D
Thanks, looking forward to it 👍🏻

Walter Francis

Jun 11, 2017, 9:43:14 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
I actually have a similar but maybe not quite the same issue..  I have a ton of Tasks in a list (several screens full) and the last one is always hidden under the Projects icons.  Profiles might be doing the same thing, not sure.   At first I thought it wasn't showing a task; until I added another and realized what was going on.

Peter Bongé

Jun 11, 2017, 10:30:06 AM6/11/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Exactly.

Jay M

Jun 11, 2017, 11:09:29 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Yeah tbh though the actionbar is the only real problem ive found and ive had the TV for about 2 years now and been using Tasker on it ever since. There was a problem in beta 1 when opening the new material icon picker dialog it told me "no app can handle this action" but luckily I got an update to Marshmallow which seems to have fixed that. Anyways as much as I want Android TV support I don't recommend you fork out for an Android TV to do it, I love/hate mine but I wasn't expecting the Android OS to be so different compared to a phone and if i wasn't able to use Tasker and Lightning Launcher on it I would of returned it a long time ago.

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 11:14:35 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
Could you post a screenshot of Menu / Info / More / Device Info ?

I can try out a few possible workarounds, who knows, maybe we get
lucky.

Thanks,

Pent

Hrishikesh Patil

Jun 11, 2017, 11:15:33 AM6/11/17
to Tasker
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 4:34:03 PM UTC+5:30, Pent wrote:
I got the icons from Google, apparently they didn't think it was needed.

Maybe turn mirror the down icon vertically and add it as a new icon, if thats possible? No insistence, you can look at actual bugs before solving this
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 11:56:03 AM6/11/17
to Tasker

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 17:14:35 UTC+2, Pent wrote:
Could you post a screenshot of Menu / Info / More / Device Info ?

I don't need this anymore, I've decided to put the popup up top for all
devices, it's less disturbing when the popup doesn't fly around the
screen when the keyboard comes up.

Pent

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 12:03:55 PM6/11/17
to Tasker
Jay, sorry, mixup, I was replying to the person having problems
with the popup on the OnePlusOne.

Pent

Jay M

Jun 11, 2017, 12:19:00 PM6/11/17
to Tasker

ah i got more excited than that guy did when he read you were updating the app with Material Design. I dont think theres any sensitive info in the screenshots but i have no idea what im looking at so if there is could you delete it when your cleaning the thread cheers.

Rich D

Jun 11, 2017, 1:18:13 PM6/11/17

On Jun 11, 2017 8:38 AM, wrote:

> Even more strange: The bottom bar of the task page is transparent

I followed Play Music for that one. I did the same on Locatoin edit screen and
some others where a bottom bar with controls is present. What do you
suggest ?

Maybe we are looking at different screens but play music has a translucent (not transparent) bottom bar.  Think that would be ok..

Pent

Jun 11, 2017, 2:10:46 PM6/11/17
to Tasker

I posted after, that I misinterpreted the comment. I had not noticed the bug making
it transparent, which it's not supposed to be.

Pent

N Mok

Jun 12, 2017, 12:15:45 AM6/12/17
to Tasker
happening since the update to 5.0 beta when I send an intent I get the following

00.14.10/E code 3: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service Intent must be explicit: Intent { act=com.ichi2.anki.DO_SYNC cat=[android.intent.category.DEFAULT] }.
00.14.10/E prefsException/Send Intent: Service Intent must be explicit: Intent { act=com.ichi2.anki.DO_SYNC cat=[android.intent.category.DEFAULT] }
00.14.10/ android.app.ContextImpl.validateServiceIntent(ContextImpl.java:1347)
00.14.10/ android.app.ContextImpl.startServiceCommon(ContextImpl.java:1376)
00.14.10/ android.app.ContextImpl.startService(ContextImpl.java:1360)
00.14.10/ android.content.ContextWrapper.startService(ContextWrapper.java:613)
00.14.10/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.b(Unknown Source)
00.14.10/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(Unknown Source)
00.14.10/E Send Intent [ Action:com.ichi2.anki.DO_SYNC Cat: Mime Type: Data: Extra: Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target: ]
00.14.10/E result: stop task (error)
00.14.10/E Error: 1
00.14.10/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 0 code 877 status: Err next 0

Pent

Jun 12, 2017, 2:05:38 AM6/12/17
to Tasker

On Monday, 12 June 2017 06:15:45 UTC+2, N Mok wrote:
happening since the update to 5.0 beta when I send an intent I get the following

00.14.10/E code 3: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service Intent must be explicit: Intent { act=com.ichi2.anki.DO_SYNC cat=[android.intent.category.DEFAULT] }.

I think this is the base cause of several errors reported, thanks for posting.

Pent

Pent

Jun 12, 2017, 2:41:05 AM6/12/17
to Tasker
So when you send an intent targetting a service, you need to specify the package it's
in. As a workaround, next beta update Tasker will try to work out which package you're thinking
of if you didn't specify one (this should work unless there are multiple matching possibilities).

Pent

Jonatan Steuernagel

Jun 12, 2017, 2:56:41 AM6/12/17
to Tasker
Hey,
while editing a task I found some little design issues where things don't look like they are supposed to.
I made some Screenshots, uploaded them to Google photos and attached a comment to each Screenshot describing what I did and what looks wrong.
Here the link:
https://goo.gl/photos/d8h4ZZJxSucoXq4n8

Thanks,
Jonatan

Pent

Jun 12, 2017, 3:35:11 AM6/12/17
to Tasker
On Sunday, 11 June 2017 09:37:16 UTC+2, John Doe wrote:
Ahahah ok no probllem :) But at this point it doesn't seem to be intentional. The problem is quite simple: when you send the variables and the plugin retrieves their name via

Sure sounds like a bug. Will have a look today or tomorrow.

Pent

Pent

Jun 12, 2017, 6:09:22 AM6/12/17
to Tasker
On Sunday, 11 June 2017 09:37:16 UTC+2, John Doe wrote:
Ahahah ok no probllem :) But at this point it doesn't seem to be intentional. The problem is quite simple: when you send the variables and the plugin retrieves their name via

String[] v = TaskerPlugin.getRelevantVariablesList(intent.getExtra());

Thanks for the clarification, that should be fixed for next update.

Pent

Lord Ruthven

Jun 12, 2017, 9:42:49 AM6/12/17
to Tasker

First post here.
It seems that the import profiles/tasks  are now gone. They used to be invoked by a long press on the "Profiles" and "Tasks", but now those are inactive and are nowhere to be found in the menus

Pent

Jun 12, 2017, 10:07:17 AM6/12/17
to Tasker

It seems that the import profiles/tasks  are now gone. They used to be invoked by a long press on the "Profiles" and "Tasks", but now those are inactive and are nowhere to be found in the menus

Instead of long-click did you try a normal click on an already-selected tab ?

Pent

Lord Ruthven

Jun 12, 2017, 10:39:23 AM6/12/17
to Tasker

Ha, never would have thought!  That works, thanks!!! It is a bit counterintuitive though.

Pent

Jun 12, 2017, 10:52:00 AM6/12/17
to Tasker

Ha, never would have thought!  That works, thanks!!! It is a bit counterintuitive though.

I just followed Google's action-bar-with-tabs behaviour. Now that the tabs aren't
actually in the action bar might change it might allow the long-click again.

Pent

Sean Williams

Jun 12, 2017, 1:23:55 PM6/12/17
to Tasker
Hi Pent,

Looks like there is an issue with, Scene / Image Element / 'Click Highlight Colour' is not respected (at all) when the scene is shown and the element tapped.

Maurizio Fabiani

Jun 13, 2017, 6:39:38 AM6/13/17
to Tasker
With the 5.0 update are we still forced to use reliable alarms to run correctly tasks?
I am asking this as i noticed a lower battery life with that setting enabled. When disabled i get greenify aggressive doze stays for hours while with reliable alarms enabled i get only few minutes....

Il giorno sabato 10 giugno 2017 09:40:15 UTC+2, Pent ha scritto:
Download:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

This beta (and the final version) are only for Android 5.0+ devices.
Read the notes on the beta page before install!

I'm still chewing through issues reported on the previous thread,
there's no need to repost if you've already mentioned a
problem.

Pent

Pent

Jun 13, 2017, 7:44:14 AM6/13/17
to Tasker

With the 5.0 update are we still forced to use reliable alarms to run correctly tasks?

Nothing has changed within Tasker between 4.9 and 5.0 with respect to the reliable alarms setting.
Please create a new thread if you would like to discuss the Reliable Alarms setting.

Thanks,

Pent

Adrian Flores

Jun 14, 2017, 1:21:34 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
Bottom bar transparent in task edit activity. Is this intended? Really confusing.

https://s1.postimg.org/mgufm34sf/Screenshot_20170614-011951.png

Pent

Jun 14, 2017, 2:00:16 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 07:21:34 UTC+2, Adrian Flores wrote:
Bottom bar transparent in task edit activity. Is this intended?

No (see earlier in thread)

Pent

Pent

Jun 14, 2017, 3:48:54 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
I posted b4.

Pent

       <LI>beta: added: Black theme, users of some themes may need to reselect in prefs
        <LI>beta: added: header bars
        <LI>beta: bugfix: project bar wasn't animating away when items exactly filled screen
        <LI>beta: bugfix: devices with no tab divider colour defined, use secondary text colour
        <LI>beta: bugfix: bottom bar in task edit was transparent
        <LI>beta: bugfix: main screen select task, non-project tasks weren't visible in some themes
        <LI>beta: bugfix: developer: TaskerPlugin.getRelevantVariablesList wasn't returning always just variable names
        <LI>beta: bugfix: Animations disabled: couldn't see bottom entry of task,scene,var tabs
        <LI>beta: bugfix: was animating varible filter drawer when animations pref disabled
        <LI>beta: bugfix: events with app parameters: wasn't handling correctly when no app specified
        <LI>beta: bugfix: backgrounds for selecting all types of icons, scale icon to background size
        <LI>change: .icn dir: support for .jpg and .jpeg extensions
        <LI>beta: change: file select: different icon for 'up one directory'
        <LI>beta: change: added standard material left and right margins
        <LI>beta: change: made Run Log consistent with rest of UI
        <LI>beta: bugfix: file select: selecting a dir, was showing Tasker icon in AB
        <LI>beta: bugfix: action Send Intent: workaround for implicit service intents being disallowed for apps targetting Android 5.0
        <LI>added: Profile, Task, Scene, Var tabs can be long-clicked for options
        <LI>added: Manifest permission WRITE_CALL_LOG: used for Call Log action, Android previously granted it without
        needing declaration
        <LI>added: Manifest permission READ_CALL_LOG: used for monitoring call log changes e.g. event Missed Call,
        Android previously granted it without needing declaration
        <LI>change: new profile,task etc: popup anchors to top tab instead of + button
        <LI>bugfix: actions Set Default Ringtone, Play Ringtone: in action edit screen selection wasn't working correctly

Pent

Jun 14, 2017, 3:49:52 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
This is a bug in the release notes :-)

        <LI>beta: added: header bars

Pent

Rich D

Jun 14, 2017, 5:06:45 AM6/14/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post
This might be expected behavior and has been present since b1

When changing theme in tasker preferences it does not change until I back out of tasker and re-open tasker. Then I get this warning.

I have a pixel c tablet  /  Android 7.1.1 / Version: 5.0b4m
Screenshot_20170614-045617.png

Pent

Jun 14, 2017, 5:36:06 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 11:06:45 UTC+2, Rich D wrote:

When changing theme in tasker preferences it does not change until I back out of tasker and re-open tasker. Then I get this warning.

Can reproduce, thanks.

Pent

Sean Williams

Jun 14, 2017, 7:20:44 AM6/14/17
to Tasker

I posted b4.

Hi,

The main scroll view (between the top and bottom bars) now has an unusual amount of padding either side. It no longer extends towards the edge of the device, looking incredibly narrow.

<LI>beta: change: added standard material left and right margins

Maybe this is the cause?

Pent

Jun 14, 2017, 8:21:19 AM6/14/17
to Tasker

The main scroll view (between the top and bottom bars) now has an unusual amount of padding either side. It no longer extends towards the edge of the device, looking incredibly narrow.

<LI>beta: change: added standard material left and right margins

Maybe this is the cause?

Yes, if you look at other material apps I think you'll find they also have the same
margin or more. Though now I look, seems like there's a bit too much right margin,
will double-check.

Pent

Adrian Flores

Jun 14, 2017, 8:24:59 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
Assistance request event seems to be broken too. Action is not run.

Peter Bongé

Jun 14, 2017, 8:31:13 AM6/14/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
And please move the scrollbar to the screen edge. It looks terrible
with the scrollbar so far away from the edge.

Sean Williams

Jun 14, 2017, 10:46:17 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
Yes, if you look at other material apps I think you'll find they also have the same
margin or more. Though now I look, seems like there's a bit too much right margin,
will double-check.

Um material guidelines...

Material design based on sheets of paper with boarders and edges, also has the seams and shadows which provide meaning about what you can touch.
Its minimalist design offering users simple functionality with one click solutions.

I don't think this type of ideology lends itself broadly to Tasker as much as it would a calendar or an office application. The material guidelines are after all just guidelines, impossible to apply to all situations

Tasker needs as much information on screen as possible just like in a developer environment. On a small device we can not afford to loose a percentage of screen on boarders. Wasting valuable screen space will make working in Tasker tedious and difficult.

I know a fringe of users complain that they want pretty and simple but that is just not what Tasker is about. These users will always be switching about to other apps thinking something is better because one check box will do what took 17 actions in Tasker.

Tasker is the single most powerful and functional app on Android. Your challenge I suppose is pandering to all types of user - surely no easy task!

Teng Howe Cheng

Jun 14, 2017, 11:24:03 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 3:40:15 PM UTC+8, Pent wrote:
> Download:
>
> http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html
>
> This beta (and the final version) are only for Android 5.0+ devices.
> Read the notes on the beta page before install!
>
> I'm still chewing through issues reported on the previous thread,
> there's no need to repost if you've already mentioned a
> problem.
>
> Pent

Hi Pent,
I want to report a bug here for 5.0b4. I cannot add exit task when event is of notification is used in profile. I attach the picture for reference. For other profile, exit task worked correctly.

To reproduce the bug, just add profile > event > ui > notification. You can see that the exit task become triggering task.

Screenshot_20170614-232315.png
Screenshot_20170614-224803.png

George Boyce

Jun 14, 2017, 11:42:58 AM6/14/17
to Tasker
Totally agree, Sean.

The guidelines are just that; guidelines.

Pent

Jun 14, 2017, 12:12:24 PM6/14/17
to Tasker

I want to report a bug here for 5.0b4. I cannot add exit task when event is of notification is used in profile.

John Doe

Jun 14, 2017, 12:34:42 PM6/14/17
to Tasker
Not agree. Guidelines are just there to avoid to reinvent the wheel, to have a coherent ui and a coherent vision of the system. A large software system without an oidd/uix document would be really poor. I really like the lastest beta, I think Pent did a great work and fixed major problems from ui point of view.

Rich D

Jun 14, 2017, 1:03:31 PM6/14/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Um material guidelines...

My exact feelings as well only stated far better then I could muster...   I would still be happy with ole blue..  :)

Sean Williams

Jun 14, 2017, 1:16:25 PM6/14/17
to Tasker
Hi,

Not agree. Guidelines are just there to avoid to reinvent the wheel, to have a coherent ui and a coherent vision of the system. A large software system without an oidd/uix document would be really poor. I really like the lastest beta, I think Pent did a great work and fixed major problems from ui point of view.

I think a little misunderstanding.

To be clear - I am a staunch supporter of material design it gives us a logical and consistent user experience with enough leeway to personalise apps in order to maintain individuality.

I do feel tho if the guidelines suggest padding of 16dp then we have to look at the situation. If doing so causes a downside without majorly reordering existing components then I don't think this small non-compliance should be frowned upon.

Pent is doing a great job as always. I think the progression to material design is going well!

John Doe

Jun 14, 2017, 1:53:23 PM6/14/17
to Tasker
I can understand your point of view, but for me for example it's great, no downside at all because the material switch is smaller than the holo one and it was a bit hard to press exactly on the border, now it's much better. Hard to find a solution great for everyone.
It is loading more messages.