Re: Variable %CONUM update problems

Pent

Oct 1, 2012, 3:37:02 AM10/1/12
to Tasker
> %CONUM is not getting updated properly and sometimes it erroneously uses
> the previous value

That's not an error, it's described in the documentation for the
variable (see Variables in the userguide).

Pent

Pent

Oct 5, 2012, 3:35:32 AM10/5/12
to Tasker
> Yeah, it's said that it contains the data of last call. That is, currect
> call should be ended before. But I think the question was: "How to know
> exactly that current call is ended and CO data are stored and can be
> used?". The problem is that user ends call first, and then has to wait
> during unknown time. Exactly the same is if CO vars are used in End task
> withing "Out Call" state profile. I think, the end task is called after
> current call is ended, and it should contain data already.

Yes. Does that not work ? In your example you're using an Enter task.

A delay of a second might be necessary to give Android a chance to
update the
call database.

Pent

Messi

Oct 6, 2012, 1:32:09 AM10/6/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes the problem is exactly as mentioned by os.

After I ended the call and waited for as long as 5 seconds, %CONUM is not getting updated. Sometimes it gets updated sometimes is retains the value of the 2nd last call.

Is there any other way of catching the variable? Like when using Call block, there is a flash alert that shows the number is blocked matching to a pattern.. so is it not possible to retain its value in a system variable ?

Thanks for the reply :)

Pent

Oct 6, 2012, 3:00:24 AM10/6/12
to Tasker
> After I ended the call and waited for as long as 5 seconds, %CONUM is not
> getting updated. Sometimes it gets updated sometimes is retains the value
> of the 2nd last call.

But at 10 seconds it's OK every time, you wrote. Possibly 7 is also
OK. So it seems clear that it's
functioning correctly, but maybe Android is taking a while to update
the database. I'll look if
it's possibly Tasker taking so long.

Pent

Messi

Oct 6, 2012, 2:45:14 PM10/6/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes its is functioning correctly after 10 secs. Thanks for looking into it.

os

Oct 6, 2012, 4:40:22 PM10/6/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I use it in the Exit task. Sure it depends on system performance. Immediate update didn't work. But 5 seconds look enough for me to have it updated. Maybe even less (Zopo zp500 phone, MTK6575, custom ROM), but I didn't care.

Messi

Oct 12, 2012, 6:31:04 PM10/12/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
yes I also used it as an update task. I am using GNex stock rom and kernel. But the update is still buggy for me even after 5 seconds.

@Pent did you find anything out ??

M@xF@ctor

Jan 19, 2017, 9:56:49 AM1/19/17
to Tasker