Can Tasker edit Contacts?

Stephen

Apr 1, 2016, 5:08:23 PM4/1/16
to Tasker
Can Tasker be used to edit contacts?  Specifically, I would like to append to the notes section of a contact.  If so, can you point me at a webpage with enough info to get me started?  I haven't had much luck googling it.

My exact use case is when a call is ended, I would like it to prompt me for a brief description, and then append the timestamp and description to the Notes field of the contact which was just called.

Thank you in advance.

beshoo

May 25, 2016, 12:13:41 PM5/25/16
to Tasker
did you find a way to do it ? i am looking to create a contact in addresbook ...hope you found a way to do it.

david armand

May 25, 2016, 2:59:41 PM5/25/16
to Tasker

Juergen Gruen

May 25, 2016, 3:37:47 PM5/25/16
to Tasker

Am Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2016 13:59:41 UTC-5 schrieb david armand:

This *only* opens a new contact edit screen, you still have to save the contact manually or using AutoInput...

Juergen.

Fierbaugh, Stephen

May 27, 2016, 2:27:40 PM5/27/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I gave up.  If there is a standard way to do CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) on contacts, it isn't well publicized.

Stephen

John Doe

May 29, 2016, 4:35:18 AM5/29/16
to Tasker