Disable facebook messenger notifications while on a specific WiFi

p0w3r

Apr 20, 2014, 6:48:19 PM4/20/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.
I was wondering if it is possible to set something like this?
For instance, when I'm at work or at home I get all those notifications on my FB desktop's version.
I'd like to avoid getting them twice, on desktop and on the mobile.
It would be useful to set up something like this, so if you know how please let me know :)
Thanks in advance.

Matt R

Apr 20, 2014, 7:17:18 PM4/20/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
The secure settings plugin can disable notifications. Requires root.

Matt

p0w3r

Apr 25, 2014, 7:56:52 AM4/25/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
That actually works great. Thanks :)

Alexander Schwarz

Sep 9, 2014, 8:32:11 AM9/9/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have root and the secure settings plugin, but I can't find "disable notifications". What did I miss? Seems like I need the feature "pacakge notification" but it's crossed out.

I'm using a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4

nanobrain

Sep 9, 2014, 8:39:32 AM9/9/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have the same phone and Android version (stock & rooted) and it is available for me. If you long press on the crossed-out feature, secure settings should give you a reason why it is crossed out (i.e ROM not supported, etc.).

You can always contact the plugin developer if he can help you out.

p0w3r

Dec 29, 2014, 11:03:58 AM12/29/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You need to go to the app itself (Secure Settings) and enabled it under the list.

Adam W

Dec 29, 2014, 5:09:38 PM12/29/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Also, Tasker is pretty flexible and there are always workarounds if you have not rooted. If all else fails you could set the facebook notification sound to silent, then use AutoNotification to play a sound file when a notification from facebook appears and you are on the wifi you choose (Don't forget profiles can have more than one context).