Announcing XII. Tartu Software Development Guild Meeting

Chris Willmore

Dec 28, 2016, 3:03:21 AM12/28/16
to Software Engineering Guild of Tartu

Announcing

XII. Tartu Software Development Guild Meeting

18.00 - 20.00 Friday 13. January 2016

Turu 2 (Tasku), 5th Floor, SaleMove Office.

Yo Tartu Techies!

Did your New Year’s resolutions include learning something new? Of course!

Join us for some great tech presentations, shop talk, and start the year out right.

NB! The event will not be held at UT as usual - it will be at the SaleMove office in Tasku.

See you 13. January,

-Chris

Featuring Tech Talks:

Next-gen Key Infrastructure with Smart-ID

Ahto Truu, Software Architect at Guardtime

Dive into MicroServices & Containers with Kubernetes

Chris Willmore, VP Engineering at SaleMove

Post-talks networking on-site (SaleMove office in Tasku).

Questions? Contact chris.w...@salemove.com

Connect

Google Groups

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tartu-software

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/tartudev

----------

Tech Talk Abstracts

Next-gen Key Infrastructure with Smart-ID

Ahto Truu, Software Architect at Guardtime

With more and more people using smartphones and tablets as their computing devices of choice, and with the upcoming migration away from physical SIM cards, a question arises: what will replace the ID-cards and mobile-ID SIM cards as the carriers of the private keys for Estonian national digital signature infrastructure? In this talk we will look at the Smart-ID solution recently jointly proposed by Sertifitseerimiskeskus and Cybernetica. There will be quite a bit of math in the talk, but we will start with a crash course of the basics of the current systems for those who either missed it in school or have since forgotten the details.

About Ahto

During his three decades in ICT, Ahto has worked in hardware installations and user support, as a software developer and architect, and as a systems analyst. Currently he is busy helping Guardtime's customers preserve the integrity of their important data. Outside his day job he coaches Estonia's team to the high school students' programming competitions. He has also been writing programming columns for the popular science magazines A&A and Horisont.

Dive into MicroServices & Containers with Kubernetes

Chris Willmore, VP Engineering at SaleMove

The Cloud is abuzz with chatter of microservices and containers (Docker mostly). What’s a dev to do? Luckily, Kubernetes has burst onto the scene to become the pre-eminent containerized application orchestration system.

Chris will give a quick intro into what Kubernetes does, then dive into how at SaleMove we migrated our 30+ services to the system. We’ll talk about what worked, what didn’t, and how you can take the leap and get the most out of Kubernetes.

About Chris

Chris has spent over 10 years working with large scale web services as a developer, service engineer and engineering manager. At SaleMove he is working with a talented team to revolutionize the online customer experience. Prior to SaleMove he spent 5 years working in Silicon Valley and London with Yahoo! After moving to Tartu, he ran a small development firm building systems for Shazam.