Tapestry 5.4 and Tapestry5-JQuery

Boris Horvat

Nov 3, 2013, 4:56:07 PM11/3/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am interested in what is the status of the project in relationship to the tapestry 5.4.
There are a bunch of components that exist here and I guess they wont be simply moved to the tapestry 5.4 just because it now supports jquery out-of-the-box.

Is there any snapshot version one can try with new tapestry? Will tapestr5-jquery design move to the bootstrap?

Cheers,
Boris

Emmanuel DEMEY

Nov 4, 2013, 2:25:22 AM11/4/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boris,

I have started the migration of Tapestry5-jQuery to 5.4, but I think it is not finished. but any help is welcome ;)

On our Github repository , there is a 5.4 branch. You can checkout it and build it. Or I can deploy a 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT on our Maven nexus ?

Manu

Boris Horvat

Nov 4, 2013, 3:04:20 PM11/4/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manu,

Deploying 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT would be for the best I think (that way it is quite easy to access it in maven).

I dont know how much help I can be since my free time is more or less non existing (project that I use this for is private and part time on top of my fulltime job, so not much room for anything else). But the least I can do is test whenever there is something in tapestr5-jquery and report bugs :)

btw is there any place where I can see the general overview of what will be removed in tapestry5-jquery (since it will be provided by tapestry iteself), what will be moved to bootstrap and so on...

Emmanuel DEMEY

Nov 5, 2013, 3:57:14 AM11/5/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boris,

I think there some components that are broken. If you have enough time, you can just test it in your personnal projet, and send me back an email with all the problems you had.

Thx

Manu

2013/11/4 Boris Horvat <horvat....@gmail.com>

Emmanuel DEMEY
Ingénieur Etude et Développement
Worldline, an atos company
+33 (0)6 47 47 42 02
demey.e...@gmail.com

Twitter : @EmmanuelDemey

Boris Horvat

Nov 5, 2013, 2:33:31 PM11/5/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Sure thing, I will try to run 5.4 version over the weekend and get back to you with results.

Cheers

Boris Horvat

Nov 11, 2013, 7:42:40 AM11/11/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
I finally got a chance to try to run it. Adding tapestry5-jquery version 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT solved all of my problems.

The first thing I noticed when I run the application was the error abotu $

TypeError: Property '$' of object [object Object] is not a function
http://localhost:8080/assets/83a00f90c72e39da/ctx/blackbox/scripts/login.js:5

TypeError: undefined is not a function
http://localhost:8080:1

I take it that for some reason jquery is not loaded, do I need to add any property to trigger it?

Boris Horvat

Nov 11, 2013, 11:31:24 AM11/11/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if it helps but here is what I can see being loaded

  1. Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object [object Object] is not a function login.js:5
Executing 6 inits console.js:44
Invoking t5/core/pageinit:evalJavaScript("$('#slider').bind('slide', function(event, ui) {$('#sliderValue').text(ui.value);});") console.js:44
Evaluating: $('#slider').bind('slide', function(event, ui) {$('#sliderValue').text(ui.value);}); console.js:44
  1. Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
Invoking t5/core/pageinit:evalJavaScript("$('#slider').bind('slide', function(event, ui) {$('#sliderValue').text(ui.value);});") console.js:44
Evaluating: $('#slider').bind('slide', function(event, ui) {$('#sliderValue').text(ui.value);}); console.js:44
  1. Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
Invoking t5/core/pageinit:focus("textfield") console.js:44
Loaded module t5/core/forms console.js:44
Loaded module t5/core/zone console.js:44
Loaded module t5/core/validation

Any ideas how to check if jquery is properly loaded?

Boris Horvat

Nov 11, 2013, 11:35:01 AM11/11/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Here is the code that I see when the page is loaded

requirejs.config({
  "baseUrl" : "/assets/aebaee6630c17174/modules",
  "shim" : {
    "bootstrap" : [
      "jquery"
    ],
    "_" : {
      "exports" : "_"
    }
  },
  "waitSeconds" : 300
});
require(["t5/core/pageinit"], function(pi) { pi([
  "/assets/aebaee6630c17174/ctx/blackbox/scripts/login.js"
], [
  [
    "t5/core/pageinit:evalJavaScript",
    "$('#slider').bind('slide', function(event, ui) {$('#sliderValue').text(ui.value);});"
  ],
  [
    "t5/core/pageinit:evalJavaScript",
    "$('#slider').bind('slide', function(event, ui) {$('#sliderValue').text(ui.value);});"
  ],
  "t5/core/zone",
  "t5/core/validation",
  "t5/core/forms",
  [
    "t5/core/pageinit:focus",
    "textfield"
  ]
]); });

Emmanuel DEMEY

Nov 11, 2013, 12:09:59 PM11/11/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com

Hi boris
I am on holydays this week. I will be back in france on friday. I will have a look to your issue.
Manu

Emmanuel DEMEY

Nov 11, 2013, 12:11:38 PM11/11/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com

Does your login.js depends on the Jquery module provided by tapestry.
Check the other tap jquery js files.

Boris Horvat

Nov 11, 2013, 12:32:27 PM11/11/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Have nice vacation.

Regarding this issue I will try to work on it, I believe that the problem could be related to some transitive dependency. For example highchart requires older version of the tapestry - also I believe that tynamo security and resteasy could be related to the problem :)

I will write if I get to the bottom of this

Emmanuel DEMEY

Nov 15, 2013, 9:52:54 AM11/15/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
We did not update Tapestry Highcharts yet. can you test without ?
If you need Tap-Highcharts in 5.4, we can migrate it easily I think.
Manu

Alexander Sommer

Nov 15, 2013, 9:58:35 AM11/15/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com, hyperCMS ., Denis Neshyba
Hi!

I was moving my tapestry application on another server from domain to domain/production, and now, my custom made sitemap viewer does not generate appropriate urls anymore. (the normal tapestry page links are working well - so the application in general is working well)

but not my custom sitemapViewer page. The links which are generated with writer.element("a""href""/" + item.getPage()); only generate domain/url but not domain/production/url

for sure, i could write now just "production" as prefix, but i have also a test instance on tomcat on domain/test

so maybe, the easiest approach would be to get the absolut url of tapestry but the only thing i got so far was getting the url of tapestry via request.getServerName but this also only is giving me the servername (domain) but not domain/production/

writer.element("td");

writer.element("span", "style", "white-space:nowrap;");

writer.write(prefix);

writer.element("a", "href", "/" + item.getPage());

writer.write( messages.get(item.getPage()) );

writer.end();

writer.end();

thx
alex

Emmanuel DEMEY

Nov 15, 2013, 11:37:38 AM11/15/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
I think you are talking to the wrong ML. can you send your message to the Tapestry User ML ?
Manu

Alexander Sommer

Nov 15, 2013, 11:38:19 AM11/15/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com, tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, sure!

Email sent via mobile device.

Boris Horvat

Nov 15, 2013, 12:50:26 PM11/15/13
to tapestry...@googlegroups.com
Do you think this problem is due to hight charts? I should be able to temporary disable it and try it out if you think that that will fix the problem?
Sincerely
Boris Horvat