[Tango-cs-bug-info] [tango-cs:bugs] #669 Using file database with TangoTest gives error

tango-cs...@lists.sourceforge.net

Oct 7, 2015, 2:55:52 AM10/7/15
to Tango-cs...@lists.sf.net
  • status: open --> closed-fixed
  • Comment:

Fixed with Tango 9

[bugs:#669] Using file database with TangoTest gives error

Created: Mon May 05, 2014 07:18 AM UTC by Tiago Coutinho
Last Updated: Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 PM UTC
Owner: Emmanuel Taurel
Attachments:

  • tango.db (1.6 kB; application/octet-stream)

I tried to use the Tango file database feature with TangoTest but when I start a client connecting to the file database I get an error:

1 - Start jive connecting to an existing database
2 - Select the TangoTest/test node under Server tab
3 - Right click, select "save server data" and save into a file "tango.db"

Try to start TangoTest will give an error:
$ TangoTest test -file=tango.db -ORBendPoint giop:tcp::10010
File database: Error in file at line 28 in file tango.db.

I see that inside the tango.db, the TangoTest->description contains the character ". I guess the error is that the " character is not being escaped.

Even if I modify the tango.db, the next time I start TangoTest it will overwrite the description I modified by hand so there is no workaround.

I think that the server should NOT modify the description that has been changed
(to be consistent with the behaviour when using a tango database device server)

I attach the tango.db

Thanks in advance

Sent from sourceforge.net because Tango-cs...@lists.sf.net is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tango-cs/bugs/

message-footer.txt