Pytango under windows

Mexner, Wolfgang (IBPT)

Apr 18, 2016, 6:36:02 AM4/18/16
to ta...@esrf.fr

Hi everybody,

I have a PyTango for windows beginner question:

Up to now I was using PyTango under Linux, now I have to develop a device class for windows 7. I installed Python 2.7.2 and Python 2.7 binaries. If I want to import Pytango, Pytango fails at __init__.py with DeviceProxy not found.

Are some environment variables missing?

Best regards, Wolfgang

Karlsruher Institute of Technology (KIT)

Institute for Accelerator Physics and Technology (IBPT)

Dr. Wolfgang Mexner

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1

Building 9670

D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Phone: +49 721 608-26189

Fax: +49-721 608-926189

Mobile: +49 151 14261100

E-Mail: Wolfgang.Mexner∂kit edu

Web: anka.iss.kit.edu

KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association
Since 2010, the KIT has been certified as a family-friendly university.

coutinho

Apr 19, 2016, 7:50:37 AM4/19/16
to Mexner, Wolfgang (IBPT), ta...@esrf.fr
Hi,

I need some more information:
- which PyTango version did you install?
- which windows 7 (32 or 64 bits)?
- which python 2.7 (32 or 64 bits)?

Could you also send the traceback?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Tiago
> /Since 2010, the KIT has been certified as a family-friendly university./

| Tiago COUTINHO | Email: tiago.c...@esrf.fr |
| BeamLine Control Unit / | Phone: +33 (0)476 88 22 30 |
| Software Group / | Web : www.esrf.eu |
| | |
| Instrumentation Services | |
| and Development Division | Office 245a |
| ESRF - European Synchrotron Radiation Facility |
| Physical address: 71 avenue des Martyrs Grenoble - France |
| Postal address: CS40220 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9 - France |
message-footer.txt