[Tango-cs-bug-info] [tango-cs:bugs] #817 Crashes caused by Device Names that were allowed at creation time.

tango-cs...@lists.sourceforge.net

Sep 21, 2016, 4:30:17 AM9/21/16
to Tango-cs...@lists.sf.net

[bugs:#817] Crashes caused by Device Names that were allowed at creation time.

Created: Wed Sep 21, 2016 08:29 AM UTC by Sergi Rubio
Last Updated: Wed Sep 21, 2016 08:29 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

This problem is related to creating new device servers; we detected that some characters (e.g. spaces and dots '.') are causing problems to both Jive, Astor and Starter. Max IV already had problems with accents and dots in the past and now we experienced it due to Astor finding dots in starter names.

We think that the easiest solution is to not allow the creation of devices if the name contains spaces or a character that may cause conflicts (e.g. ~.'*&^$%#@)).

We think that only english alphabet letters (without accents), numbers, dashes and slashes should be allowed at creation time; thus raising an exception if found.

Sergi Rubio
ALBA Synchrotron

Sent from sourceforge.net because Tango-cs...@lists.sf.net is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tango-cs/bugs/

message-footer.txt

tango-cs...@lists.sourceforge.net

Oct 11, 2016, 11:45:42 AM10/11/16
to Tango-cs...@lists.sf.net

We think that only english alphabet letters (without accents), numbers, dashes and slashes should be allowed at creation time; thus raising an exception if found.

Sounds reasonable. I would also add underlines so that the a matching regexp becomes:

^[A-Za-z-_0-9/]+$
message-footer.txt