Kill & Restart using Astor

Christophe Chappet

Apr 11, 2016, 7:05:05 AM4/11/16
to ta...@esrf.fr
Hi Tangoers,
Using Astor, I would like to kill a PXI device gracefully while it runs in streaming acquisition mode.
The DS runs on Windows using PyTango 8.1.6

As far as I know, Astor send a SIGKILL to the device and SIGKILL cannot be caught.
Moreover, I call "Kill" twice and the acquisition thread stay alive and block astor starter.
Any suggestion ?

Regards,
Christophe

--
Christophe CHAPPET  -  DSFM/GF2I
Responsable Unité Informatique et Instrumentation

ONERA - The French Aerospace Lab - Centre du Fauga-Mauzac
Nous suivre sur:
www.onera.fr | Twitter |  LinkedIn | Facebook

Avertissement/disclaimer http://www.onera.fr/onera-en/emails-terms

message-footer.txt

Pascal VERDIER

Apr 11, 2016, 7:12:15 AM4/11/16
to tango mailing list document
Hi Christophe

Astor does not send a SIGKILL, it send a command KILL  on admin device.
Afterwards, if you have a destructor it will be called at server shutdown.
You can add your code inside the delete_device() method.
Regards
Pascal
message-footer.txt