FW: FREE ASA Labor and Labor Movements section membership

Bethany Edwards

Sep 2, 2015, 10:13:22 AM9/2/15

Please see the e-mail below.

Thank you,

Bethany

From: Nancy Plankey Videla
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:10 AM
To: Bethany Edwards
Subject: FREE ASA Labor and Labor Movements section membership

Bethany, pls send to grad students. Thanks!

Hello Sociology grad students,

Welcome back to classes!  I write you today as the chair of the ASA Labor and Labor Movements section.  We are trying to increase our membership in order to obtain another panel session at the 2016 Seattle ASA conference. Next year will be very exciting for our section since Ruth Milkman, labor movements and immigrant rights’ scholar, will be the president.  The program will be showcasing the role of social movements and more specifically labor and immigrant rights’  movements, in fighting the precaritization of work in the US and around the world.

Here is how you can help:

If you are ALREADY AN ASA MEMBER, and would like to receive a FREE gift membership to the Labor and Labor Movements section, just send me an email (planke...@tamu.edu) with your name and I will purchase a gift membership for the remainder of this year.

Dr. Paul Almeida, our colleague at TAMU until a few years ago, is the chair of the Political Economy of the World Systems (PEWS) section and  Secretary of the Labor and Labor Movements section, is offering the same deal.

You will not be committing yourself to anything except receiving emails from the sections about upcoming opportunities and plans for next year’s meeting.

SO — If you already a member of ASA and would like to receive a free membership to the Labor and Labor Movements section and PEWS section — send me an email today!

Thanks

Dr. Nancy Plankey-Videla