Fwd: [Chennai Trekking Club] CTC's Nagala Half Ironman, Nov 4th

Jafar Khan™

Sep 17, 2012, 11:06:07 AM9/17/12
to tamilnaduc...@googlegroups.com
Cross group posting

Jafar Khan™
+91 99625 49693/+91 94454 19678

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Van Geit <peter....@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Subject: [Chennai Trekking Club] CTC's Nagala Half Ironman, Nov 4th
To: The Chennai Trekking Club <sachennait...@googlegroups.com>

Calling all the Iron men and women out there...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dE8yam5sVlRmZHlSRHozblNZeXluSnc6MA

CTC's Nagala Half Ironman, Nov 4th

[Wikipedia] A triathlon is a multiple-stage competition involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events.[1] While many variations of the sport exist, triathlon, in its most popular form, involves swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession over various distances. Triathletes compete for fastest overall course completion time, including timed "transitions" between the individual swim, bike, and run components.[1] The word "triathlon" is of Greek origin from τρεις or trei (three) and αθλος or athlos (contest).[2]
Triathlon races vary in distance. According to the International Triathlon Union, and USA Triathlon, the main international race distances are Sprint Distance, which has a 750 metres (0.47 mi) swim, 20 kilometres (12 mi) cycling, 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) run; Intermediate (or Standard) distance, commonly referred to as "Olympic distance" (1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) swim, 40 kilometres (25 mi) bike, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) run; the Long Course (1.2 miles (1.9 km) swim, 56 miles (90 km) ride, 13.1 miles (21.1 km) run, such as the Half Ironman), and Ultra Distance (2.4 miles (3.9 km) swim, 112 miles (180 km) ride, and a full marathon: 26.2 miles (42.2 km) run); the most recognized branded Ultra Distance is the Ironman triathlon.[3][4] [CTC] Welcome to CTC's first half Ironman - a multi-discipline competition near our home base Nagalapuram consisting of: 1.9km swim in a lake near the base of the Nagala mountains 90km cycling around the entire Nagala range 20.1km run on dirt tracks in a vast shady forest along the base

We are stepping up the challange after several recent competitive sports events: Numerous 100+km cycling events (up till 300km)
4 Marathons in the Mountains 2 Sprint Triathlons on Sep 8-9 1 Olympic Triathlon on Sep 16th (quarter Ironman) 1 Marathon on Oct 7th 150+ CTCians learning to swim Our Half Ironman is open to long distance runners, good swimmers and hard but cyclists. The focus will be on PARTICIPATING and COMPLETING rather then winning. All those completing this challange will be specially recognized in our 17.000+ member group. To prepare for maximum success rate we will be organizing daily weekday (morning, evening) runs (10km), cycling (40km) and swimming (1km) in the 6 weeks before the event, in several locations across the city to complete 100km running, 10km swimming, 400km cycling over the 6 weeks before the event to get in shape. A focused training program with proper diet will ensure maximum participants finish the Half Ironman succesfully.
Craig Alexander Craig Alexander of New South Wales leads the pack during the ride leg of the Geelong Half Ironman Triathlon at Eastern Beach on February 8, 2009 in Geelong, Australia.  (Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Craig Alexander
[Agenda] Sunday, Nov 4th, early morning start from Chennai (usual assembly points) Cycles will be transported on lorry, we ll be travelling in own cars Reach base on Nagala by dawn and flag off the event by 6am Swimming - 1-2 hours Cycling - 3-5 hours Running - 2-3 hours Total - 6-10 hours (12pm-4pm) Return to Chennai city by evening
[Sponsors, Volunteers] We will require sponsors and volunteers to make this event a success. Those interested please contact me directly. [Cycle] For rental contact Vishwanathan: 9940457777

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails