Animal Testing

Alayna Fiore

Apr 6, 2016, 2:07:39 PM4/6/16
to Talking Students
What is everyones thoughts on Animal Testing?

moone...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 6, 2016, 6:34:37 PM4/6/16
to Talking Students
I don't think that animal testing is necessary. There has to be a more humane way to test makeup products and other products then testing those products on animals. At times it kills the animal or completely deforms them. Why hurt a perfectly innocent animal when it isn't necessary?

karas....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 14, 2016, 12:39:27 PM4/14/16
to Talking Students

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 2:07:39 PM UTC-4, Alayna Fiore wrote:
What is everyones thoughts on Animal Testing?
I totally am against testing on animals.  I'm not sure how to make products safe, but harming and tormenting animals is not a humane way to find better products.  Animals should have rights just like humans to be safe, not tortured or killed by companies trying out new products and testing on them.

lopez....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 14, 2016, 11:06:17 PM4/14/16
to Talking Students
I believe animal testing should be banned. It's not right to hurt and in most cases kill innocent animals, it's inhumane. Animals deserve to have rights because they're living creatures. Our cosmetic products aren't more important than their lives, there are other alternatives to testing the efficiency of a product.

webster...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 17, 2016, 6:35:07 PM4/17/16
to Talking Students
Animal wastes lives and unnecessarily inflicts cruel conditions on animals. Not only is it nasty, it isn't productive research? Most products tested on animals fail on humans. It's just poor science. So, in addition so being generally horrible, the animals are undergoing painful testing for no reason.

begum....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 25, 2016, 5:03:41 PM4/25/16
to Talking Students
Animal testing should not be needed at all. there should be many other ways to get things. animals also have lives and they also wish to live they have feelings just like we humans do. therefore animal testing should be allowed.

tabitha bitti

Apr 25, 2016, 9:43:06 PM4/25/16
to Talking Students
I don't believe in animal testing when it comes to testing make up products and other things. I do believe the only time animal testing is okay is for finding a cure for human survival. A cure for diabetes or liver disease.

Camilla Brewer

Apr 25, 2016, 9:55:09 PM4/25/16
to Talking Students
I'm against torture in all forms.

Cassandra Greer

Apr 25, 2016, 9:56:21 PM4/25/16
to Talking Students
I don't think it should be allowed. More and more companies are turning away from testing on animals and I think it should be banned altogether.

castro...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 25, 2016, 10:35:47 PM4/25/16
to Talking Students
On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 2:07:39 PM UTC-4, Alayna Fiore wrote:
> What is everyones thoughts on Animal Testing?

I'm against animal testing for various reasons, but think about it this way if animal testing wasn't a thing, I don't know if we as human race would have such high life expectancy.

Nolynn Canale

Apr 26, 2016, 4:49:30 PM4/26/16
to Talking Students
I think that animal testing is completely unnecessary. If you are making a product or food that could "potentially harm humans" then there is absolutely no need to create the product!! Animal testing doesn't even completely ensure that it is going to be okay for a human.

Gaeun Park

Apr 26, 2016, 4:53:32 PM4/26/16
to Talking Students
A lot of people debating if it right or wrong.
Unfortunately, if it is really necessary, we have to approve on Animal Testing.
Majority of times that Animal Testing is needed when human health is related.
We cannot test our lives....

pettit.a...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 26, 2016, 5:04:54 PM4/26/16
to Talking Students
I am against animal testing. It is wrong to treat our animals like slaves.

Angela Malek

Apr 26, 2016, 11:35:17 PM4/26/16
to Talking Students
It's inhumane and wrong to test on animals. They have thoughts and feelings just like humans do. and it would hurt them if the effects went bad just as much as it would hurt us if we were getting tested on. they should test the products on other organisms or maybe inanimate objects as silly as that sounds, I'd rather it be that then animals.

Sarah Carter

Apr 27, 2016, 2:34:56 PM4/27/16
to Talking Students
I am completely against animal testing. I believe animals know to some level what is going on. I think it is very wrong.

king....@student.oaklandcc.edu

May 2, 2016, 7:13:29 AM5/2/16
to Talking Students
I think animal testing should be banned because those animals are put through some terrible stuff and we should know about this stuff. If it was your animal like your dog or cat would you let people test different perfumes on them just to see if they have a reaction....NO you wouldn't so why shouldn't we stop this horrible abuse!

krukow...@student.oaklandcc.edu

May 2, 2016, 8:07:28 AM5/2/16
to Talking Students
animal testing is dumb, planet of the apes could be real one day

Nichole Winowiecki

May 23, 2016, 6:50:27 PM5/23/16
to Talking Students
It is NOT really necessary. The technology exists to test personal care products without animals, it's just more expensive. Many companies won't make that sacrifice. For shampoo they use rabbits because they lack eyelids and their eyeball resembles that of a human's. They drop the shampoo into the rabbit's eye one drop at a time to see at what concentration their retinas burn out. They have to do this for every single formula or fragrance.

Cassandra Marentette

May 26, 2016, 2:11:45 PM5/26/16
to Talking Students
I believe animal testing is unethical and unnecessary. Countless times it has been proven that what is tested on animals and proven safe, will have harmful side effects for human and vice-versa. Animals are not as similar to our DNA as most would think, and we have technology that makes animal testing obsolete. We should end animal testing and we should free all test animals.

slma...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jun 27, 2016, 9:45:34 AM6/27/16
to Talking Students

I'm not in favor for animal testing even though some good discoveries have came about. I just feel that although we appear to be the dominate species that we should still have respect for all living creatures. I'm no vegan or anything but animal cruelty just doesn't sit well with me. I'm also a pet owner as well.

adams....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jun 27, 2016, 8:24:30 PM6/27/16
to Talking Students
I think its messed up, people are going to take innocent creatures away from their habitats and families and mutilate their bodies for our gain, when they have no control over what is happening to them and the tests don't help them in any way.

kathlyn...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 8:47:17 PM6/27/16
to Talking Students
Testing make up on animals is stupid, however testing cures on animals is almost necessary even if the results aren't always successfull. I value human lives much more than animals, especially those of children with terminal illnesses.

Matt Butler

Jun 27, 2016, 10:45:49 PM6/27/16
to Talking Students

I feel strongly against testing on animals in the most irrational sense. as intelligent people, who have made such advancements as a nation and globally, a better solution can absolutely be found.

rusher...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jun 28, 2016, 7:45:13 AM6/28/16
to Talking Students
I think that in the medical field animal testing is a necessary evil. It is still a hart braking procedure but more precautions are taken today. It is a little more humane than it was several years ago.

benjamins...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jan 30, 2017, 10:02:54 AM1/30/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I think animal testing is wrong and inhumane. In this day and age, there has to be a better way to test products without harming innocent animals. Animals are living things and should not be harmed just so humans can test out their chemicals.

Sabbir Ahmed

Jan 30, 2017, 6:57:07 PM1/30/17
to Talking Students
I think animal testing is inhumane, because they are also a living creature just like us. Just because they are animals does not give us any authority on torturing them. They have feelings. They also get hurt when someone pokes them or cuts them. They are just like us, except in a different form and body.

depauw...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jan 30, 2017, 11:19:01 PM1/30/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I believe it is very in humane.  Although if it could be potentially very benifficial to the human race then is it worth it?

chahine...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Feb 5, 2017, 11:44:22 AM2/5/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I am 100% against testing on animals. I would rather see testing on humans that have authorized testing. Animals do give consent. Who are we to tortutre and abuse another living thing?! disgusting and ridiculous.

king....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Feb 5, 2017, 1:24:10 PM2/5/17
to Talking Students
The reasons we have certain medical advancements are because of animal testing. I am not an advocate for the meaningless torture of animals, but the reality is that there are certain cases in which preclinical testing on live organisms is necessary in order to save human lives. I sounds awful perhaps of of your priorities are to preserve the well-being of human patients then the idea of testing on animals (some of which share over 90 percent of our DNA) is not "wrong." It is also possible to have animal testing and preserve the animal kingdom, so I'm not entirely against it.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-animal-testing-necessary

Sean Wiley

Feb 8, 2017, 10:13:51 AM2/8/17
to Talking Students
In my opinion, I believe that as long as the animals are not being endangered physically and/or mentally through testing, and not confined to small, uncomfortable cages, the testing of animals can be a safe procedure.
Animal testing can lead to a greater good, such as stem cell research.
As for using makeup and shampoo products, that should be tested with humans who also have the ability to have proper medical care in the testing facilities in case of horrible outcomes.

Caralyn Carver

Feb 20, 2017, 9:42:27 PM2/20/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
There absolutely must be a more humane way of testing products than on animals.

carver....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Feb 22, 2017, 9:36:22 PM2/22/17
to Talking Students
We need to find an alternative way of testing.

ledonn...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 5, 2017, 8:44:59 PM4/5/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I do not think that animals should be tested on especially if it for product that will be used by a human being.  Human products should be tested on humans and animal products should be tested on animals.

serra.s...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 8, 2017, 2:55:37 PM4/8/17
to Talking Students
It's an awful thing that shouldn't happen to innocent creatures

Grant Glende

Apr 11, 2017, 8:27:55 PM4/11/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I think that animal testing should be illegal. What gives humans the right to test out certain items on animals? I just don't understand how that is right. They didn't volunteer for it, and they aren't able to have a say so how does that make it okay? I think animal testing is cruel and there should be a stop put to it.

Cynthia Wong

Apr 14, 2017, 12:26:14 PM4/14/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
In my opinion I do not think animal testing is necessary. Now into the twenty first century there should be advancements in technology and research that allows scientists to test products on things other than animals that still result in the same outcome. I am against animal cruelty and believe that some animal tests do harm the animal or neglect the animal. Therefore, I am against animal testing.

bambokia...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 15, 2017, 6:13:13 PM4/15/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I think it's cruel to test potentially harmful products on innocent animals. There are many animals that are being abused and violated so that humans can have products likes makeup, perfumes or lotions. This is unfair to them and they deserve rights too.

frazier...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 17, 2017, 10:34:37 AM4/17/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I am completely against animal testing. Clearly there are other more humane ways to test new products because there are so many cruelty free brands. I think the practice of testing on animals outdated and inhumane and we really need to move away from it.

Animals feel a range of complex emotions so subjecting them to torture for human curiosity and vanity is disgusting.

kizy....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 25, 2017, 12:50:20 PM4/25/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
Animal testing shouldn't be allowed. I think there has to be other ways to test beauty products and brands should look into that

Isabella Randazzo

Apr 26, 2017, 10:53:40 PM4/26/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
Millions of animals a year are subject to being imprisoned and having terrible procedures done! This is cruel and should be banned completely! 100 million animals are killed for research each year in the United States alone.

vinson...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 27, 2017, 12:00:05 AM4/27/17
to Talking Students
In my opinion, animal testing should only be used for medical purposes and saving human lives. Testing products such as cosmetics is unnecessary and should be banned.

davis.m...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Apr 27, 2017, 3:13:50 AM4/27/17
to Talking Students
I think animal testing is completely wrong and inhumane. I think people treat animals like rag dolls and don't actually stop to think that animals have feelings and families just like we do. A lot of people are very insensitive to them so they do cruel things such as test harsh products on them but I feel like they should be treated no different than humans so if you wouldn't do it to a human, you shouldn't be able to do it to an animal. We are no better than them or superior in my opinion..

Tessa Vbk

May 16, 2017, 7:23:08 PM5/16/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
Utilitarians believe in doing the act that creates the most happiness. If a few animals have to be tortured for millions of americans to not have a break out from a product, which then increases happiness for all of the americans that are break out free. Thanks Mill!

pearse...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jun 27, 2017, 12:56:14 AM6/27/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I believe that animal testing should be banned. I think a better alternative would be to pay people to test products or to use criminals in prison as they do not have rights and are wasting tax payer money.

Eny Gutierrez

Jun 27, 2017, 8:46:22 AM6/27/17
to Talking Students
I think animal testing is completely wrong. There is no reason we need to treat them like some study subjects just for our own benefit. Animals can suffer throughout the process depending what they're testing on them. In my opinion I think it's completely wrong. I think there is enough technology where we should be developing more humane ways of experimenting things like medication, makeup, or dishwasher cleaner. Believe it or not, things like laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, and toothpaste can often my tested on animals which to me seems pointless and inhumane.

race...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Jul 21, 2017, 1:21:24 PM7/21/17
to Talking Students, fiore....@gmail.com
I think if it is necessary we should use animals for testing but other than that there is no real reason to be using them.

boomgaa...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Sep 12, 2017, 4:36:54 PM9/12/17
to Talking Students
There is no need to test any type of products, especially made for humans, on a creature that will never have a need for it.

fischer....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Sep 17, 2017, 9:53:43 AM9/17/17
to Talking Students
I think animal testing is very inhumane. Whether it be for cosmetics or for drugs there are better ways for companies to test their products that don't involve hurting innocent animals. The US should have already banned animal testing just like other countries have.

janicke.j...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Oct 12, 2017, 2:16:22 PM10/12/17
to Talking Students
I don't think animal testing is necessary, and It's outdated. We have developed so much as a country with technology, so why should we revert back to old practices? If a company is afraid their product may harm humans, maybe they shouldn't be selling the product in the first place..

Gabrielle Butcher

Oct 12, 2017, 6:00:09 PM10/12/17
to Talking Students
I think animal testing is cruel and unnecessary

Kipriece Tate

Oct 12, 2017, 9:51:05 PM10/12/17
to Talking Students
I actually did a research paper on this topic last year. I think that animal testing is cruel and inhumane. It isn't right that we use animals for our products. There are alternatives to animal testing so we should try to focus on using those.

buikema...@student.oaklandcc.edu

Oct 15, 2017, 5:48:03 PM10/15/17
to Talking Students
Animal testing is not necessary. These animals just want to be loved.

noonan....@student.oaklandcc.edu

Nov 28, 2017, 9:48:25 AM11/28/17
to Talking Students
as terrible as animal testing sounds i think its something we just have to live with. most testing is done on rats because they are a mammal. the drug market is moving so fast they need answers right away. it comes down to the fact you can test the drug on your self and possibly die or resort to the animal. animal testing is just one of things you have to deal with so we can get answers fast. i don't think stopping animal testing will help in anyway it will just hurt the drug market.

Kendra Lawrence

Nov 29, 2017, 1:24:08 AM11/29/17
to Talking Students
Personally I hate the fact that animals are being tested on! Humans wouldn't want to be testing on. And people treat animals as family so personally I say stop especially if its not help curing any major diseases like cancer.