July 4, 1992 - Global Spiritual Independence Day

Walter D. Pullen

Jun 4, 1992, 9:10:13 PM6/4/92

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
| --> GLOBAL INDEPENDENCE DAY <-- |
| Stand Up And Be Counted |
| "Remember Your Heritage -- Accept Your Destiny" |
| Saturday July 4, 1992 |
| Declare Spiritual Independence! |
| |
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

--

This is a day of celebration of our independence from all of the
constraints that bind us in any way and do not allow us to be the

A wave of light from torches and other forms of light shining
skyward will proclaim our unity and Oneness before and with each
other, our elder family who has gone before us, and our Creator. The
lights will be lit at 9pm your local time sequentially around the
globe. Spirit has initiated this activity as a way of activating light
workers on the planet into a planned activity that can be networked
around the globe in a short period of time.

This global celebration is for everyone of any belief system who
believes in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all
planetary citizens. It does not matter which of the great spiritual
teachers a person or group follows. We are all planetary citizens.

This is an activity to help us reach out, reach up, come out of
the closet and remember our heritage and accept our destiny as global
and universal citizens under God, by whatever name the Creator is
known. We acknowledge that we belong to a greater life stream than is
visible to our normal vision. We are part of the family of man and the
family of God.

The time is past when any of Earth's citizenry can act alone
without serious consequences being shared by the totality of the
Creation. We acknowledge that there is a guiding force behind the
events that are manifesting on the planet, and they are a part of what
the prophets of old called, "the end times."

We believe at the end of "the end" times there can be peace on
Earth as man resumes his rightful place in the cosmic scheme and that
can happen now. We acknowledge that there is assistance available to
us from these higher beings. They will avail themselves to us to
assist us in healing our planet. They are not our rescuers of saviors,
but merely our elder brothers and sisters.

--

Antahkarana the Star People Connection will be celebrating Global
Independence Day, July 4, at Golden Gardens Park on Shilshole Bay in

Global Independence Day will be a declaration of spiritual
independence with a worldwide focus, as a natural outgrowth of the
great ideas of spiritual freedom embodied in the words of the
Declaration of Independence. This is a day of opportunity for all
people everywhere who have a commitment to spiritual freedom and love
and peace to come out of the closet, stand up, and be counted.

If you are a person who knows that you have experienced direct
communication with Angels, extraterrestrial intelligences, or one or
more ascended human teachers or prophets, but you have been hesitant
to speak openly, we want to invite you to come and join us. If you
simply love spiritual freedom, love and peace, we want to invite you
to come and enjoy yourself.

At 9:00pm we will hold a light ceremony proceeded and accompanied
by prayer and spiritual invocation. While we are conducting our
ceremonies at Golden Gardens, other groups will be holding similar
events around the world.

Proceeding the ceremonies, the gathering from 5:00 on will be a
general picnic. Bring your own food, to eat, and share, with friends
and family, and participate in games, and generally have a good old
fashioned Fourth of July. If group activities do not appeal to you,
please feel free to celebrate in your own back yard, with family and
friends.

-- ABOUT ANTAHKARANA, THE STAR PEOPLE CONNECTION --

** Statement of Purpose **

Antahkarana is an emissary to planet Earth from the Brotherhood
of Light in service to the Creator, to inform humanity concerning the
forthcoming changes and the assistance being offered by the
Brotherhood to bring peace to the planet. Antahkarana acts as a
planetary bridge to the metaphysical, spiritual, religious, business
and general communities. This bridging is to be done through the
dissemination of all available information concerning the years of
planetary and human transformation. We will be gathering and
communicating information received from the Spiritual Hierarchy,
Angelic Kingdom, and Intergalactic Confederation. We will be sharing
this information in all ways that are available to reach the general
public. We will be establishing branches of the organization globally
for these purposes.

** The Principle Purposes and Activities of Antahkarana are: **

o Star People Communication Clearinghouse

The primary method of communication used by Extraterrestrial (ET)
civilizations is mental telepathy. Today thousands of people all over
the world are receiving these "communications" through meditation,
dreams and prayer. Antahkarana serves, in part, to validate these
space messages and further communicate vital messages to our
membership, other networking centers and the general public. We are,
also, very interested in helping people learn their own discernment
process. With the tremendous wealth of information being brought to
our attention, Antahkarana is effectively an information center for
spiritual knowledge offered by advanced Extraterrestrial civilizations
to all inhabitants of planet Earth.

o Public Education and Awareness

Antahkarana conducts workshops, classes, etc. on an ongoing basis to
inform and educate the public of the existence, intentions and
activities of the Star People. We believe it is essential for Earth
People to understand why we are being visited by Extraterrestrial
beings in ever increasing numbers. Workshops and other activities are
regularly in our newsletter.

o Support Groups

We recognize that Space People contactees, and those attempting to
work with the space people, often receive no support from family,
friends and society and are often subject to ridicule and even
harassment. We seek to develop a circle of Space People activists who
can openly share their experiences in an atmosphere of trust and
openness.

o Ongoing Projects

We look forward to the time when advanced ET civilizations and their
ambassadors will be welcomed openly by an enlightened public on Earth.
To this end, we of Antahkarana are willing to undertake promising new
approaches and projects that would serve to accomplish our goals and
objectives.

** Antahkarana Members Hold a Common Belief in These Principles: **

1. The entire Universe consists of at least 12 parallel dimensions or
worlds. The untrained human is conscious of only one of these worlds.
There are various levels of spiritual development throughout the other
worlds, and discernment is very important when choosing to interact
with these beings.

2. Travel thorough Space, Time and across Worlds (transdimensional
travel) is a normal activity for advanced civilizations who are
visiting Earth.

3. We recognize that scientific and spiritual knowledge are but
different expressions of the same basic universal knowledge. We
realize that the only way to fully understand the mysteries of the
Extraterrestrial and "flying saucer" experience, as well as the origin
and destiny of life, is to incorporate both scientific and spiritual
knowledge in our work.

4. Life forms found on Earth today probably did not originate on
Earth. Earth was colonized by civilizations from other Star Systems.
The course of history on Earth has been greatly influenced by ET
civilizations dating back to antiquity.

5. The course of history is again being influenced by Star People who
are now living and working among us. Many of these beings are in
prominent social positions to aid in bringing in the New Age of Peace
and Enlightenment and to prevent the destruction of Earth before a
higher Cosmic Plan can be reached.

6. Spiritual and social knowledge on Earth has not kept pace with
scientific development. The people of Earth do not possess the wisdom
necessary to ensure survival into the 21st century. It is, therefore,
essential for the masses on Earth to willingly accept the assistance
offered by these advanced civilizations who are of a higher spiritual
order.

For further information on Global Independence Day or other activities
of Antahkarana, please write: Arasia, Ambassador-at-large, Antahkarana,
The Star People Connection 501 N 36th #140, Seattle, WA 98103,
Telephone (206)634-2017.

Ken Arromdee

Jun 4, 1992, 10:13:38 PM6/4/92
In article <1992Jun5.0...@beaver.cs.washington.edu> pul...@cs.washington.edu (Walter D. Pullen) writes:
> This is a day of celebration of our independence from all of the
>constraints that bind us in any way and do not allow us to be the
>glorious beings we are meant to be.

You know, I always wanted to fly faster than the speed of light. The laws of
physics are just constraints after all.
--
Hi! Ani mutacia shel virus .signature. Ha`atek oti letoch .signature shelcha!

Ken Arromdee (UUCP: ....!jhunix!arromdee; BITNET: arromdee@jhuvm;
INTERNET: arro...@jyusenkyou.cs.jhu.edu)

R. Kym Horsell

Jun 5, 1992, 2:39:57 PM6/5/92
> This is a day of celebration of our independence from all of the
>constraints that bind us in any way and do not allow us to be the
>glorious beings we are meant to be. We are recommending old-fashioned
>picnics in the park, family reunions and general community gatherings.
>This is a day of fun and joyful events for all. Inquiries are invited
>and packets are available to help you plan your day.
...similar stuff deleted..

A big fat contradiction right there.

A more appropriate celebration would be to spend the day doing whatever
in H*ll you want -- possibly by yourself.

-kym

sys...@fallout.lonestar.org

Jun 7, 1992, 4:26:51 AM6/7/92
In article <1992Jun5.0...@beaver.cs.washington.edu>, pul...@cs.washington.edu (Walter D. Pullen) writes:

> """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
> | --> GLOBAL INDEPENDENCE DAY <-- |
> | Stand Up And Be Counted |
> | "Remember Your Heritage -- Accept Your Destiny" |
> | Saturday July 4, 1992 |
> | Declare Spiritual Independence! |
> | |
> """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>
> ** Antahkarana Members Hold a Common Belief in These Principles: **
>
> 1. The entire Universe consists of at least 12 parallel dimensions...
>
> 2. Travel thorough Space, Time and across Worlds...
>
> 3. We recognize that scientific and spiritual knowledge are ...
>
> 4. Life forms found on Earth today probably did not originate on Earth ...
>
> 5. The course of history is again being influenced by Star People...
>
> 6. Spiritual and social knowledge on Earth has not kept pace ...

> For further information on Global Independence Day or other activities
> of Antahkarana,
> --

Gosh, and I was only going to drink a couple brewskis and try to shoot
out my eyes with a bottle rocket on the 4th.

Kind of makes you think that if there are people out there like this who
will give up their July 4th holiday to be really wierd, the rest of us
weekend wierdos just don't stand a chance.

Hat's off and I know when I've been out wierded...

Be seeing you,

I voted for the fat, old, drug addicted Elvis Stamp.
+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| John Wisniewski | |
| Dallas, TX USA | wisni...@fallout.lonestar.org |
+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
1-900-GO FIGURE (Kids get your parent's permission first.
Only $52.95 per minute (5 minute minium)
with talk a real alien from Tau Ceti IV!
Listen to it's inner most secrets and
fantasies about life, space and fiber optic
clarity. Call now, call often, you're
special and you know about space aliens...
Honest...)

Mark William Hopkins

Jun 8, 1992, 3:07:35 AM6/8/92
In article <1992Jun5.0...@beaver.cs.washington.edu> pul...@cs.washington.edu (Walter D. Pullen) writes:
>** Antahkarana Members Hold a Common Belief in These Principles: **
>
>1. The entire Universe consists of at least 12 parallel dimensions ...
>2. Travel thorough Space, Time and across Worlds ...

>3. We recognize that scientific and spiritual knowledge are but
> different expressions of the same basic universal knowledge...

>4. Life forms found on Earth today probably did not originate on
> Earth...
>5. The course of history is again being influenced by Star People...

>6. Spiritual and social knowledge on Earth has not kept pace with
> scientific development...

You forgot one:

7. The moon men took my socks!

Brian 'Rev P-K' Siano

Jun 10, 1992, 11:53:07 AM6/10/92
sys...@fallout.lonestar.org writes:

> In article <1992Jun5.0...@beaver.cs.washington.edu>, pul...@cs.washing

> > """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
> > | --> GLOBAL INDEPENDENCE DAY <-- |
> > | Stand Up And Be Counted |
> > | "Remember Your Heritage -- Accept Your Destiny" |
> > | Saturday July 4, 1992 |
> > | Declare Spiritual Independence! |
> > | |
> > """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I will NOT.

Brian "Rev. P-K" Siano re...@cellar.org
New Sig File Under Construction-- Light and Compact for your Usenet Pleasure.
"The recent problem with the satellite retrieval managed to prove one thing;
DeVries graduates really _do_ work for NASA."

jdpo...@vax.oxford.ac.uk

Jun 12, 1992, 9:27:57 AM6/12/92
> In article <1992Jun5.0...@beaver.cs.washington.edu> pul...@cs.washington.edu (Walter D. Pullen) writes:
>>** Antahkarana Members Hold a Common Belief in These Principles: **
>>
>>1. The entire Universe consists of at least 12 parallel dimensions ...

Why 12? Why not one of the other trendy numbers like 26 or 10 (what the string
theoriets think) or even anice conventional 4? Anyway, what's a parallel
dimension? Usually different dimensions are in directions perpendicular to one
another - or do you use the word dimension in a way different to that used by
we poor limited mathematicians?

>>2. Travel thorough Space, Time and across Worlds ...

Well, the first and the third are easy enough, given time and effort. Shame
the middle one's impossible, isn't it?

>>3. We recognize that scientific and spiritual knowledge are but
>> different expressions of the same basic universal knowledge...

??????????

>>4. Life forms found on Earth today probably did not originate on
>> Earth...

well where did they originate then? Shifting the point of origin of life
doesn't make the problem of how life arose any simpler to answer you know.

>>5. The course of history is again being influenced by Star People...

PROOF?

>>6. Spiritual and social knowledge on Earth has not kept pace with
>> scientific development...

Well, if there are people about who believe this stuff . . . :-)

Julian Porter

Carl J Lydick

Jun 14, 1992, 3:23:28 PM6/14/92
In article <1992Jun12....@vax.oxford.ac.uk>, jdpo...@vax.oxford.ac.uk writes:
>>>2. Travel thorough Space, Time and across Worlds ...
>
>Well, the first and the third are easy enough, given time and effort. Shame
>the middle one's impossible, isn't it?

It's not impossible at all. Unfortunately, round trips are a bit of a problem.
Carl J Lydick | INTERnet: CA...@SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU | NSI/HEPnet: SOL1::CARL

Disclaimer: Hey, I understand VAXen and VMS. That's what I get paid for. My
understanding of astronomy is purely at the amateur level (or below). So
unless what I'm saying is directly related to VAX/VMS, don't hold me or my
organization responsible for it. If it IS related to VAX/VMS, you can try to
hold me responsible for it, but my organization had nothing to do with it.

Mark William Hopkins

Jun 14, 1992, 8:09:27 PM6/14/92
In article <1992Jun14.1...@cco.caltech.edu> ca...@SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU writes:

>>Well, the first and the third are easy enough, given time and effort. Shame
>>the middle one's impossible, isn't it?
>
>It's not impossible at all. Unfortunately, round trips are a bit of a problem.

Goedel proved the round trip is possible and that closed time loops are
logically consistent.

M.S. Morris and Kip Thorne proved that the Uncertainty Principle allows one to
evade the Time Traveler's Paradox around closed time loops and generate
unique self-consistent solutions to Quantum Field equations with Cauchy Data
over the closed time loops by a method of iteration.

So the Time Traveller's Paradox has been resolved and time travel is possible.

Thomas Kettenring

Jun 15, 1992, 10:39:17 AM6/15/92
In article <1992Jun15.0...@uwm.edu>, ma...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark William Hopkins) writes:

>>>Well, the first and the third are easy enough, given time and effort. Shame
>>>the middle one's impossible, isn't it?
>>
>>It's not impossible at all. Unfortunately, round trips are a bit of a problem.
>
>Goedel proved the round trip is possible and that closed time loops are
>logically consistent.

Reference?
(That means, I don't believe it. I would have heard it if it were true.
Probably it's another of those rumors based on misunderstandings.)

>M.S. Morris and Kip Thorne proved that the Uncertainty Principle allows one to
>evade the Time Traveler's Paradox around closed time loops and generate
>unique self-consistent solutions to Quantum Field equations with Cauchy Data
>over the closed time loops by a method of iteration.

Then this is probably only a rumor too.

>So the Time Traveller's Paradox has been resolved and time travel is possible.

--
-Caddy--(thomas kettenring, 2 dan, kaiserslautern, germany)-----
Hey, I found a new witty saying for my .sig!

dave budd

Jun 15, 1992, 4:46:12 AM6/15/92

>>>2. Travel thorough Space, Time and across Worlds ...

>Well, the first and the third are easy enough, given time and effort. Shame
>the middle one's impossible, isn't it?

No it isn't! But the velocity is fixed at 1 minute per minute......

+-Vegetarian Film Club------------------------------------------------+
| The Adventures of Tom Soya Silence of the Yams |
+-------------------------------------------ISIHAC, BBC Radio4--------+
| Dave Budd, MCC, Oxford Rd, Manchester, England (44)061-275-6033 |

Mark William Hopkins

Jun 15, 1992, 9:45:15 PM6/15/92

In article <1992Jun15.1...@rhrk.uni-kl.de> kr...@efes.physik.uni-kl.de (Thomas Kettenring) writes:
>Reference?

>(That means, I don't believe it. I would have heard it until now if it were

>true. Probably it's another of those rumors based on misunderstandings.)

Since it is true and you obviously never heard of it, then you couldn't have
possibly heard of it if it were true.

References? A physics text.

Goedel's solution to Einstein's Field Equations involving closed time loops is
well-known and is standard fare of any course in General Relativity.

Better yet, go to the library and look in the author index under Goedel.

To the best of my knowledge Goedel is the first to ever successfully prove
the consistency of time travel with the currently known laws of Physics.
It's only fitting and proper that would have been him.

He died not too long after that. So you might say it was Goedel's Last
Theorem.

>>M.S. Morris and Kip Thorne proved that the Uncertainty Principle allows one to
>>evade the Time Traveler's Paradox around closed time loops and generate
>>unique self-consistent solutions to Quantum Field equations with Cauchy Data
>>over the closed time loops by a method of iteration.
>
>Then this is probably only a rumor too.

It's a fact. I would know, Morris did his research here, I talked to him, I
read the papers myself. It got wide airplay in the news 2 or 3 years ago. It
was on one of BBC Radio's science shows (though they screwed up the name of
this university calling it Milwaukee University, those dweebs). Save yourself
an extra trip to the library and look this up too. I think you'll find the
published papers in Nature and Phys Rev Letters.

You might do well to pick up Carl Sagan's book, Contact, since both it and
the research were written at the same time and based on one another. Sagan's
book was the original impetus for the research, and the refinements in the
book over time reflected the progress of the research itself.

The purpose of the research was precisely what this article would imply:
namely, to prove that it was possible for an sufficiently advanced
extra-terrestial civilization to engage in time-travel.

Then again, BBC, Nature, Phys Rev, Goedel, Carl Sagan, Contact, and the entire
20th Century could all be rumors too.

Mark William Hopkins

Jun 15, 1992, 9:58:54 PM6/15/92
In article <zlsii...@fs1.mcc.ac.uk> zls...@fs1.mcc.ac.uk (dave budd) writes:
>No it isn't! But the velocity is fixed at 1 minute per minute......

Einstein showed that the temporal component of the velocity vector, call it u,
satisfied the 4-dimensional analogue to the Pythagorean theorem:

u^2 - v^2 = 1 minute/minute

where v is the spatial component of the velocity (in ratio to light speed).

That's way moving objects have slower time along your time axis (and you along
theirs).

Mark William Hopkins

Jun 15, 1992, 10:20:47 PM6/15/92
In article <1992Jun16.0...@uwm.edu> ma...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark William Hopkins) writes:
>M.S. Morris and Kip Thorne proved that the Uncertainty Principle allows one to
>evade the Time Traveler's Paradox around closed time loops and generate
>unique self-consistent solutions to Quantum Field equations with Cauchy Data
>over the closed time loops by a method of iteration.

Thorne also demonstrated by a rather simple construction that these solutions
were, counter to expectation, near Classical solutions and could therefore
be given much more familiar Classical interpretations.

They are called 'glancing blow' solutions. The 'glancing blow' idea resolved
the Time Traveller's Paradox as follows: a person who goes back in time and
attempts to kill her prior self with a gun will only succeed in injuring her
and causing her brain damage because of the inability to properly aim the gun
due to brain damage caused by the prior gunshot wound now being inflicted on
herself.

Ed Carp

Jun 16, 1992, 2:36:49 PM6/16/92
car...@landau.ucdavis.edu (Steve Carlip) writes:

>Roughly speaking, the problem is this. Imagine an almost closed
>timelike curve, i.e., a curve that passes through a large number of
>different but nearby points in space at the same time. A particle
>moving along such a path will produce a very large gravitational
>field, since multiple copies will exist at the same time; in the
>limit of a _closed_ timelike curve, there will be infinitely many
>copies. Classically, this is not an unsurmountable problem ---
>nothing requires that any particle be trapped on a closed timelike
>curve --- but quantum mechanically, "virtual particles" will always
>be there.

Could this be an explanation of "alternate universes" and "parallel
universes"? Hmmm...interesting. Perhaps when we die, to "change
vibration" (as some texts say) would be to have one's soul become virtual
particles. If you get my drift...

>Hawking's conclusion (which is based on a much more rigorous argument
>than this) is that if you try to form a "time machine," gravitational
>disruptions of spacetime in the neighborhood of your lab will prevent
>you from succeeding. The question is still being debated, and it
>will probably be some time yet before it's settled.

Is this because of local gravitational field disturbance caused by
your equipment, or by local objects surrounding you?

>(Of course, even if closed timelike curves are shown to be consistent,
>this doesn't guarantee that they'll exist in _our_ universe, but that's
>a separate question.)

I'm not sure I understand the theoretical implications of Hawking's
theory (the guy is a fucking genius, after all), but it seems to me
that if closed timelike curves existed, and could be proven to exist,
that they would HAVE to exist in our universe. "Anything not prohibited
is compulsory." :)
--
Ed Carp e...@apple.com <-- preferred email address!
** Member, Linux port team - uucp division ** :)

Steve Carlip

Jun 16, 1992, 1:16:00 PM6/16/92
In article <1992Jun15.0...@uwm.edu> ma...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark William Hopkins) writes:
>[...]

>Goedel proved the round trip is possible and that closed time loops are
>logically consistent.
>
>M.S. Morris and Kip Thorne proved that the Uncertainty Principle allows one to
>evade the Time Traveler's Paradox around closed time loops and generate
>unique self-consistent solutions to Quantum Field equations with Cauchy Data
>over the closed time loops by a method of iteration.

On the other hand, Hawking has a fairly convincing set of arguments
that quantum field theoretical fluctuations prevent the creation of
closed timelike curves, so the issue is certainly not settled.

[...]

car...@dirac.ucdavis.edu

SCOTT I CHASE

Jun 16, 1992, 5:24:17 PM6/16/92
In article <1992Jun16.0...@uwm.edu>, ma...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark William Hopkins) writes...

>To the best of my knowledge Goedel is the first to ever successfully prove
>the consistency of time travel with the currently known laws of Physics.
>It's only fitting and proper that would have been him.
>
>>>M.S. Morris and Kip Thorne proved that the Uncertainty Principle allows one to
>>>evade the Time Traveler's Paradox around closed time loops and generate
>>>unique self-consistent solutions to Quantum Field equations with Cauchy Data
>>>over the closed time loops by a method of iteration.
>
>The purpose of the research was precisely what this article would imply:
>namely, to prove that it was possible for an sufficiently advanced
>extra-terrestial civilization to engage in time-travel.

I am no expert, but my reading of the situation is far from as certain as yours.
So far as I understand, it requires so much energy density to warp space
enough to produce a closed timelike loop that the entire region of space-time
collapses into a black hole. That's not a very useful time machine, even
if it holds up theoretically, given the test of time.

-Scott

--------------------
Scott I. Chase "The question seems to be of such a character
SIC...@CSA2.LBL.GOV that if I should come to life after my death
and some mathematician were to tell me that it
had been definitely settled, I think I would
immediately drop dead again." - Vandiver

Mike Bur

Jun 16, 1992, 6:22:18 PM6/16/92

Answers to these questions and many others can be found in alt.religion.kibology.
Go there and be saved.

jdpo...@vax.oxford.ac.uk

Jun 16, 1992, 9:39:42 AM6/16/92

Godel proved that this was only possible if you have a closed and bounded
space-time, which is fairly unlikely.

I should have been more precise in what I said, what I meant was that
travelling to the non-causal future or past is certainly impossible.

Julian Porter

Thomas Kettenring

Jun 17, 1992, 8:48:00 AM6/17/92

I wrote:
>Reference?
>(That means, I don't believe it. I would have heard it until now if it were
>true. Probably it's another of those rumors based on misunderstandings.)

Mark William Hopkins writes:
>References? A physics text.
I looked under "A". Didn't find it.

>Goedel's solution to Einstein's Field Equations involving closed time loops is
>well-known and is standard fare of any course in General Relativity.
>
>Better yet, go to the library and look in the author index under Goedel.

That's indeed better. I found that he proved that Einstein's equations
don't forbid time travel (in the usual meaning: including loops).
That doesn't mean it's *possible*. He proved there are formal
solutions, but not that such solutions can exist in this universe.

So, it *was* a rumor, but a young one (one or two steps from the
source and already misrepresented). If you had said: "Goedel proved
the round trip *could be* possible, *given general relativity*, and
that *some* closed time loops are logically consistent," I wouldn't
have said anything.

(I didn't look up Morris and Thorne.)

Mark William Hopkins

Jun 17, 1992, 12:39:55 PM6/17/92
In article <1992Jun16....@vax.oxford.ac.uk> jdpo...@vax.oxford.ac.uk writes:
>Godel proved that this was only possible if you have a closed and bounded
>space-time, which is fairly unlikely.
>
>I should have been more precise in what I said, what I meant was that
>travelling to the non-causal future or past is certainly impossible.

And Morris and Thorne proved, by construction, that it can happen regardless.
It is certainly NOT impossible.

Thomas Kettenring

Jun 18, 1992, 6:28:02 PM6/18/92

You should better say: "we don't know if it's impossible."
Just because somebody showed that this time travel doesn't
contradict Physical Law No.34, you can't say it's *possible*!

You keep blowing up results and generating rumors.

jdpo...@vax.oxford.ac.uk

Jun 18, 1992, 9:22:46 AM6/18/92

If you look in G. Naber's book 'Spacetime and Singlarities' (publ. CUP, LMS
lecture notes series) you will see proven the following theorem:

Theorem:

If M is a space-time then M admits closed time-like paths if and only if M is
compact

and compact <=> closed and bounded, so unfortunately it is impossible.

Here is another thought, though - say you are moving on a closed time-like path
- then you are not travelling in time in the sense of being able to take an
excursion to another epoch and then return happily to your own. This is
because the path is closed, and hence it is impossible to leave said path, or
indeed to actually ever get onto it from another path.

I.e. it is certainly impossible to either joint or leave a closed path at any
point.

Julian Porter

jdpo...@vax.oxford.ac.uk

Jun 18, 1992, 10:11:22 AM6/18/92

And as a further followup, how is it possible to move into (say) the acausal
future without moving outside your forward light-cone at some point?

Julian Porter

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jun 22, 1992, 1:23:54 PM6/22/92
I spelled encourage with an i (incourage). Sorry about that.

John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jun 23, 1992, 10:21:00 PM6/23/92
Dear Arasia I read your posting and it makes a lot of sense to me.
I put a letter in the mail to get more information from your group.
This thursday I will be having a -- --- and I will be having people
on who are aware that they lived some past lives on other planets.
We'll see how it comes out.
That's all folks. John Winston.

Mike Bur

Jun 24, 1992, 3:29:20 PM6/24/92
In article <60...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>I spelled encourage with an i (incourage). Sorry about that.
>

>John Winston.

Well, we'll let 'ya slide this time but, don't let it happen again.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 1, 1992, 12:00:57 AM7/1/92
Dear Arasia: Thanks very much for sending me the information about
your group. It seems that you have many of the same mentors that
have helped me over the years such as Sananda, Michael and Saint
Germain. I remember one time I was on the sides of Mt. Shasta with
a group of light workers that Sister Thedra had called together. It
was raining where we were and snowing a few hundred feet further up
the mountain. Everone was a little late getting in place for the
session and Michael was talking through a lady. He was really chewing
out everybody for being so late.
That's all for now.
John Winston.

Stephen Buckley

Jul 5, 1992, 11:57:37 PM7/5/92
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

if it was unavoidable for everyone to be a bit late, it sounds like
michael was being needlessly uptight.

---
Stephen Buckley / professor of proton husbandry, &
sbuc...@sfu.ca / president and ceo,
TrueNorthStrong&Free / vancouver chapter of the TBA:
1-800-REALITY / (the Toronto Bashing Association)

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 6, 1992, 11:07:37 AM7/6/92
Dear Arasis:
I was in the town of Mt. Shasta City at 9:00 P.M. July the 4th watching
the fire works. At 9:20 P.M. I remembered about your group activity and
pointed my flashlight over towards Mt. Shasta (the mountain itself). I
blinked the light on and off and someone or something (I don't know for
sure what) was blinking back. I sent the people inside the mountain and
the space people a telepathic thought that we love them and want to work
with them for the good of the Earth and everything else. So, thanks to you
Arasis for your suggestion that we do this.

Rich Payne

Jul 6, 1992, 1:19:11 PM7/6/92
In article <61...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>Dear Arasis:
>I was in the town of Mt. Shasta City at 9:00 P.M. July the 4th watching
>the fire works. At 9:20 P.M. I remembered about your group activity and
>pointed my flashlight over towards Mt. Shasta (the mountain itself). I
>blinked the light on and off and someone or something (I don't know for
>sure what) was blinking back.

If I read this right, I bet the people on Mt. Shasta thought they had
contacted ET's as well. Now we have 2 sightings, I guess that verifies
it. :^)

> I sent the people inside the mountain and
>the space people a telepathic thought that we love them and want to work
>with them for the good of the Earth and everything else. So, thanks to you
>Arasis for your suggestion that we do this.
>That's all folks.
>John Winston.

Rich

pay...@netcom.com

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 6, 1992, 5:23:46 PM7/6/92
Yes Shuckley Michael gets a little up tight, but we had it coming.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 6, 1992, 5:27:20 PM7/6/92
That's right Rich. We'll make a master of you yet but it may take a
while.

Richard Wilbur

Jul 6, 1992, 11:48:22 PM7/6/92

Is this guy for real?

Anyone know him?

Steve Timpson

Jul 7, 1992, 9:45:40 AM7/7/92

In article <sbuckley....@sfu.ca>, sbuc...@fraser.sfu.ca (Stephen Buckley) writes...

>John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>
>>Dear Arasia: Thanks very much for sending me the information about

Who's this Arasia babe?????

Wait a minute....

Arasia... Arasia....

I'VE GOT IT! ARASIA is the name of the planet in E.E. "DOC"
Smiths "Lensman" science fiction series. This is the planet
where the Galactic Patrol members go to become Lensmen by
receiving there lens braclets from the super powerful Arasians.

Jezzzzus Keyyyrist people GET A LIFE!!!!

Steve Food_for_the_Greys

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1992, 9:12:53 PM7/7/92
Dear Wilbur:
Yes I'm real and a few people know me.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1992, 9:20:29 PM7/7/92
Dear Timpson:
Thanks for the flame. I believe you really don't want the answer to
your questain but Arasia is a lady who is a walkon. Earth people are
sometimes contacted by spiritual or space people and the Earth person
volunteers to give up the use of their body so that the space person
can use it to do a certain job. Arasis is the head and founder of the
group that sponsored the July 4th activity.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 11, 1992, 9:10:12 AM7/11/92
I checked Arasia's material again and she refers to herself as being
a walkin.
John Winston. I know some people will really make a joke out of that
statement of fact.

Patrick Rannou

Jul 12, 1992, 5:27:14 AM7/12/92

Anyone know him?

I'm sure that by "telephatic message" he meant that even though HE know he
can't send ones, he made his "thoughts" formulated as if he was saying
words in his head, and if BY CHANCE there happened to be a alien, be it
green or whatever, who happened to have telephatic powers and "read"
peoples mind, then the alien could have catched it.

Pretty useless, IMHO. I've done it also.

The guy's for real. You're just too close minded.

Really, with enough "facts", anybody can make anybody, even himself,
believe just about anything. That absolutely has no bearing on wheter
the "anything" is true or false.

Patrick.
--
/---------------------------\
| Patrick "Paradak" Rannou. |

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 12, 1992, 5:52:56 PM7/12/92
Dear Rannou:
You asked if I am real and does anybody know me. Don Showen is my friend.
I know Robert Sheaffer and we aggree on a few things one of which is not
UFOs. Mr. Sheaffer recently taped a TV show on Ch.44 in SF to be aired
yesterday. It was about UFOs (or course) with Richard Haines and Keith
Haray also scheduled. So those are two people that know me.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 13, 1992, 2:09:29 AM7/13/92
Dear Denise: It's good to hear another human on this network that knows
me. I might add that we don't especially believe the same things but we
know one other. Sometimes after a few days I don't even believe what
I believed a few days before. Please let us all know how you planned
encounter with the hypnotheropist comes out and your future investigation
of the lady who sees the UFO down near S. L., Calif.
John Winston.

Richard Wilbur

Jul 13, 1992, 7:53:56 PM7/13/92

Saying that I am close minded, is like saying Greys aren't abducting.

Brick

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 14, 1992, 9:34:37 PM7/14/92
Dear Brick: I am real and have been taught how to send and receive
telepathic messages. Even my dog is telpathic. Open minded people
can be shown how to be telepathic with just a little bit of instruction.
While I was a civilian electronics instructor at Treasure Island during
spare time I would show students how to send and receive messages and
they would locate one another while on the base when one would send the
message that they wanted to locate one another. I do know people
inside of Mt. Shasta. One is named Phylos and he inspired the writing
of a book called A Dweller of Two Planets by Oliver in the 1880 so that
makes him pretty old. The book is a classic and can still be obtained
in the Calif. library system. John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 16, 1992, 1:02:06 AM7/16/92
OK Tom, later I'll give it the old college try to show everyone how to
use telepathy.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 16, 1992, 10:40:46 AM7/16/92
Part 2. Now that you have a person who has the same frequency that
you do you make a mental image of the funnel in your mind. This should
be big on your end and small on the other end. Close your eyes and
think of the one you want to send the message to, and put their face
in the end of the funnel as you are looking through it. As you are
looking at your friend through the imaginary funnel think and say
outloud a statement like, "Dear friend I am thinking of you". Then
you change your mind and put it on something else. This allows the
thought to leave your magnetic field and projects it out towards your
friend. Next check with your friend and they will probubly have been
thinking of you at that exact time. John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 16, 1992, 10:51:34 AM7/16/92
Part 3. The next experiment to do is to start on a automobile trip
over to see one of your friend. Before you get over there send them
a telepathic message saying you are coming over to see them. Do this
several times each time taking you mind off the message and putting
it on the speedometer for a second (but don't have a wreck). When you
get there you friend will be startled and usually say, "This is a
miracle, I was just thinking of you and here you are".
The next experiment is done with a phone, send a message, phone to see
if they got it. Next send a telepathic message and have them pick up
the phone and tell you that they picked up the message. The last step
is to not use the phone, just talk to them telepathically. John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 16, 1992, 10:31:38 AM7/16/92
Dear Tom: This one is for you, an explanation of how to use telepathy.
First of all you need an open mind. I can only show you how to do
something if you truely want to let this information come into your
conciousness. The human mind is tuneable just like the human aura
changes colors when certain thoughts are manifest (when your blue or
sad the aura is blue in color). Red is excitement or hate. White is
love. The mind's frequency goes up the higher your thoughts are. Love
is highest, hate and lust are the lowest. You needs to find someone who
has the same frequency that you do to get good results to begin with.
This can be your friend who thinks the same words or song that you do
at the same time you do. End Part 1. John Winston.

Crunchy Frog

Jul 16, 1992, 11:40:12 AM7/16/92
In article <62...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>OK Tom, later I'll give it the old college try to show everyone how to
>use telepathy.

I knew you were going to say that :)

>John Winston.

C Frog

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 16, 1992, 9:04:20 PM7/16/92
Dear C Frog:
I know you didn't mean what you said, but if you did you would have
been one of the first people on the Net to have learned to use telepathy.
So you aren't so you didn't.
John Winston.

Richard Wilbur

Jul 18, 1992, 8:31:42 PM7/18/92
In article <62...@cup.portal.com>, John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
|> Dear Brick: I am real and have been taught how to send and receive
|> telepathic messages. Even my dog is telpathic. Open minded people
Yeah, can you read my mind right now?

Can your dog read my mind, too?

Send me a telepathic message. Let's experiment.

|> can be shown how to be telepathic with just a little bit of instruction.
|> While I was a civilian electronics instructor at Treasure Island during
|> spare time I would show students how to send and receive messages and
|> they would locate one another while on the base when one would send the
|> message that they wanted to locate one another. I do know people
|> inside of Mt. Shasta. One is named Phylos and he inspired the writing
|> of a book called A Dweller of Two Planets by Oliver in the 1880 so that
|> makes him pretty old. The book is a classic and can still be obtained
|> in the Calif. library system. John Winston.

Brick

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 19, 1992, 10:52:16 AM7/19/92
Dear Brick: It's just my opinion but you appear to be the type of
person who would like to call me out to try to prove to you that I
can send a telepathic message to you but don't really believe that
I can do it. I probubly can't send you a message that you would receive.
I once had an experiment while I was calling into the Herb Jepko
telephone talk show out of Salt Lake City, USA. They had a young lady
who was aware of the actions of a certain person who called the radio
program (with a radio handle of Dick Tracy). I attempted to make
contact with her at 1,400 miles away. It was a success. So Brick get
me someone who is open minded and probubly an known telepath and we'll
have your experiment. John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 19, 1992, 7:05:41 PM7/19/92
and Brick be sure to get someone that won't flake out if I appear to
them in the astral form. I usually do this in the form of astral
projection or spiritual travel and appear to them in the
spiritual form if they have ESP. I also use some elementals to
help me wake them up if they happen to be asleep. Be sure and get
someone that understands these things.
John Winston.

System Administrator

Jul 19, 1992, 8:16:04 PM7/19/92
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

> I attempted to make
> contact with her at 1,400 miles away. It was a success. So Brick get
> me someone who is open minded and probubly an known telepath and we'll
> have your experiment. John Winston.

Ok - so you have convinced me that you *can* send telepathic messages.
That's an excellent start. Now, can you control the *content* of such
messages?

=Doug

UUCP: uunet.ca!uuisis.isis.org!doug Voice: 613-722-4724
DNS: do...@uuisis.isis.org, do...@uuisis.UUCP, do...@isishq.fidonet.org
SKAN Communications Inc
POST: P.0. Box 3041, Stn C., Ottawa, K1Y 4J3, CANADA

Jerry Gaiser

Jul 20, 1992, 3:55:34 PM7/20/92
>Dear Brick: It's just my opinion but you appear to be the type of

<Garble deleted>

Who is this person, and do the people at the home know he has access to
a terminal? ;-)

Ed Gruberman

Jul 20, 1992, 3:49:02 PM7/20/92
In article <09o7NB...@uuisis.isis.org> sys...@uuisis.isis.org (System Administrator) writes:
>John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>
>> I attempted to make
>> contact with her at 1,400 miles away. It was a success. So Brick get
>> me someone who is open minded and probubly an known telepath and we'll
>> have your experiment. John Winston.
>

>Ok - so you have convinced me that you *can* send telepathic messages.
>That's an excellent start. Now, can you control the *content* of such
>messages?
>
>=Doug

is it enough for me to tell you i have an open mind or do you have to
feel it? i wanna try. what do i have to do, john? let's set an
appointment. no, really. i mean it.

july 22 at 11pm MST ok? why don't you try to both appear to me in
astral form and also give me a message/mental picture of what you look
like, and i will write down what ever impressions i get and post
them, or email them. you can s-mail me a photo of you postmarked
on the 21st and we can double check.

how about it?

shannon "my name isn't really ed" wells

but i AM a master of Ti Kwon Leep!

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 20, 1992, 6:19:05 PM7/20/92
Dear Jerry: I am a person just like you. I post to the Net from a
computer in my home.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 20, 1992, 6:29:05 PM7/20/92
Dear Shannon: You appear to be very excited over all of this. The first
thing you need to do is relax. You may say you want to do this but it
is my opinion that you don't want to have me be able to accomplish this
act. I will attempt to do what you say. You asked for it and you will
probubly get exactly what you are expecting which will be nothing.
I have been contacted by two people who I think can fill the bill.
Ones name starts with the letter J. and she has a friend that is good
in the practice of astral projection. The others is a person with the
first name that starts with the letter G. Let the games begin.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 20, 1992, 6:33:02 PM7/20/92
Dear Doug: You ask if I can control the messages that are sent. In the
past the experimenter just wanted to make contact so I just looked
around and observed the one I went to see. This lady later just sent
me a message of love and good will.
John Winston.

Jamie R. McCarthy

Jul 20, 1992, 7:33:07 PM7/20/92
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>Dear Shannon: ...

>I will attempt to do what you say. You asked for it and you will
>probubly get exactly what you are expecting which will be nothing.

Why will that not surprise me?
--
Jamie McCarthy Internet: k04...@kzoo.edu AppleLink: j.mccarthy
I suppose ya don't think I was run over by a streetcar!

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 21, 1992, 9:35:07 PM7/21/92
Dear Bob: You don't get anywhere unless you heart is right.
John Winston.
Well is everbody ready for July 22, 1100 PM Milpitas, Calif. time?
I hope to take off then pick E. and go by and get J. then we may all
drop in on Shannon. It will be an astral convoy.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 21, 1992, 9:50:43 PM7/21/92
Dear Everybody: I'll put some information down that was sent to me by
the Antahkarana organization who started this collection. I'll cut out
part of the religious parts. ASHTAR COMMUNIQUE. I Ashtar, of the
Confederation of Planets of this local universe, greet you one and all
in the name of ------. We of the Councils would like to take this
opportunity to inform you of a project of cooperation between the
Intersteller Commands, the Hierarchy, and Antahkarana. We have directed
those of Antahkarana to assist man on Earth in examining his own heart
and mind. This will entail the cooperation, the interlinking of energies
of the third and higher dimensions, extending to the Creator ---.
End of Part 1. John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 21, 1992, 10:06:14 PM7/21/92
Part 2. We plan to cooperate in establishing this link in a technological,
pragmmatic, Twentieth-Century working relationship. One way this
cooperation between dimensions can become a reality is for Earthman in the
majority, to invite us to land openly on your planet. To interfere in
the affairs of Man without an invitaion is in violation of interplanetary
law. We feel that physical evidence of our existence can pivot the
balance of mankind into RIGHT THINKING AND RIGHT ACTION. This unity can
then bring about a vibration high enough so that Mother Earth can progress
forward into the next stage of Her evolution. We have begun to establish
a networking community of cooperation among light workers across the globe
of Earth. End of Part 2. John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 21, 1992, 10:25:07 PM7/21/92
Part 3. The purpose is to combine energies so that the combined
light of all light workers will form an even larger concentric circle.
Through this interlinking they will be reaching a helping hand connecting
those of higher frequency to all Earth brothers. In this way we hope
to alleviate the fear, the agony of Earth people as they attune themselves
to the incoming energies of that called by the prophet of old, "The
End Times." As these energies wash over the land of Earth, all will
receive or reject them as to the level of development they have
attained spiritually. We hope, with the emphasis on unity, kto be of
assistance to those of Earth who are feeling the residue of tension,
anger, hurt, and dismay at the perceived chaos of their lives. --J.W.

Dan Hillman

Jul 21, 1992, 11:47:39 PM7/21/92
>Well is everbody ready for July 22, 1100 PM Milpitas, Calif. time?
>I hope to take off then pick E. and go by and get J. then we may all
>drop in on Shannon. It will be an astral convoy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gosh, an astral *Smokey and the Bandit*! My engorged mantool is already
reaching for the stars!!!

Don't forget the platform shoes and the mood ring, John-boy. Four out
of five unwashed holy men stress the importance of 70s accouterments
when communicating with the dead.

--
| _ ;/ Dan Hillman
|(")_/ "I'm right and you're not." hil...@carina.unm.edu
|~~/ University of New Mexico
|~/ Land of Fucking Enchantment

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 22, 1992, 9:15:39 AM7/22/92
Dear Dan: Your pretty cotton picking funny. Sounds like your having
a good laugh out of all of this.
John Winston.

Glenn Tinseth

Jul 22, 1992, 11:31:19 AM7/22/92
>Part 2. We plan to cooperate in establishing this link in a technological,
>pragmmatic, Twentieth-Century working relationship. One way this
>cooperation between dimensions can become a reality is for Earthman in the
>majority, to invite us to land openly on your planet. To interfere in
>the affairs of Man without an invitaion is in violation of interplanetary
>law.

Hmmm, _begging_ for an invitation isn't interfering?

Glenn "if they come, they better bring beer!" Tinseth

--
Glenn Tinseth Chemistry Department
tins...@ucs.orst.edu Oregon State University

Ed Gruberman

Jul 22, 1992, 12:34:24 PM7/22/92
In article <dbf...@lynx.unm.edu> hil...@carina.unm.edu (Dan Hillman) writes:
>Gosh, an astral *Smokey and the Bandit*! My engorged mantool is already
>reaching for the stars!!!
>
>Don't forget the platform shoes and the mood ring, John-boy. Four out
>of five unwashed holy men stress the importance of 70s accouterments
>when communicating with the dead.
^^^^ ?!

>--
>| _ ;/ Dan Hillman
>|(")_/ "I'm right and you're not." hil...@carina.unm.edu
>|~~/ University of New Mexico
>|~/ Land of Fucking Enchantment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hey, DAN - i've been quite
i'm not dead yet! disenchanted with
this aspect of it...
i'm feeling much better!

i feel happy!

i want to dance!

oh, by the way, johnwinston - a friend of mine will be with me
a) to stand "guard" (ie make sure i'm not bothered by people)
and
b) to provide testimony if necessary.

so i guess this is midnight my time then. did you send a photo yes-
terday?

you aren't in any way related to johnbigbooty are you?
:) :) :)

dude!
shannon the not-having-any-Expectations-of-any-Kind-so-as-to-be-
Non-Biased mouthy pushy ranting broad who isn't dead

Robert McGrath

Jul 22, 1992, 1:47:20 PM7/22/92
|> Glenn "if they come, they better bring beer!" Tinseth
A LOT of beer! (And maybe some pizza.) :-)

--
Robert E. McGrath
Urbana Illinois

Doug Thompson

Jul 22, 1992, 12:53:01 AM7/22/92
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

Thanks John. "love and good will" is content. I don't mean to be trite here,
but could she have sent "the car broke down 25 miles south of Snowville,
would you call a tow-truck for me?"

I've had people get in touch with me telepathically - very close friends -
at points of crisis when they did need help. The messages were quite garbled
- I'd wake up for instance in a cold sweat, knowing that my friend was in a
crisis - and then get a phone call a little later which explained it all.

Another friend knows when I want to talk to her. She'll often phone at such
points when I consciously ask her to (telepathically). What I'd like to do
is understand this phenomenon better.

So far it seems to me that it is fairly easy to communicate emotions,
especially when they are strong, telepathically. The communication of ideas
and thoughts though, appears more difficult. I have heard it said that one
can communicate pictures sometimes, and that if you want to get an idea
across to someone clearly, visualize it and then attempt a telepathic
transfer - i.e. the 'funnel technique'. In the above example, if I wished to
call for help I would form a clear mental picture of the problem (broken
car) and the location (picture the map) and the request (make a phone call).

One more thought on the 'trite' aspect. I am aware that there is room for
abuse in 'playing' with powerful forces that are not well understood. I'm
interested in any observations anyone might have on this topic.

I don't want to end up playing with something dangerous but some of my
far-away friends don't have e-mail (alas) and long distance telephony is
horribly expensive. :-)

Ithlial the Archer

Jul 22, 1992, 4:56:20 PM7/22/92

Only if it's good beer, none of this soda water with alcohol stuff.

Ithlial

My opinions, mine, mine, mine!

I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash
is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash
stuff, then, when some comes up, act like they just woke up and go,
"What, was THAT?!"

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 23, 1992, 9:18:58 AM7/23/92
Dear Fellow Travelers: Wow last night was really something else. About
23 years ago I became part of what is called the Sananda Sanat
Kamara Association. I volunteered to become an Empath which is a person
who takes on negative energy when something needs to be disipated. Last
night as I attempted to make contact with the people in this group by
astral projection things were going along pretty good and received a
good picture that was probubly one of the participants. I then went
out of conciousness and received a lot of negative energy from many
sources. At 0145 I woke up and was in bad shape and with the idea
that I'd never try that again but I changed my mind and now plan to do
this same thing each wednesday at the same time. More much later. J. W.

KYLE CASSIDY

Jul 23, 1992, 1:53:38 PM7/23/92

>Dear Everybody: I don't have time to say much. A person by the name
>of Kumar in Germany has been sending me E-mail and my E-mail has not
>been getting back to him so I sent him a telepathic message. He wrote
>me yesterday that he was aware of me sending him a telepathic message
>and that I had woken him up and had also appeared in his dreams. This
>has happened to me and other people before. On sunday and monday nights
>I did a little warm up astral projection. Remember tonight at 1100 PM
>it the time we'll do the experiment.
>John Winston.

that's AMAZING! Kumar has been appearing in MY dreams too! though in the
guise of a shoe salesman trying to sell filet mignon to sandinista rebels
with inflamed salvatory glands!!

what could this mean?

Crunchy Frog

Jul 23, 1992, 2:29:15 PM7/23/92
In article <cass88...@elan.glassboro.edu>

I think it means you need to lay off the medication for a few weeks.

(BTW - John Winston has been appearing in my dreams too. He is usually
wearing leather and has a Golden retreiver and about 10 containers of
whipped cream with him. Scares the shit out of me).

C Frog

Michael Lynch

Jul 23, 1992, 3:12:18 PM7/23/92

I had a dream that grey empaths dressed in black had taken over New
Jersey.....

Mike

Bob Ingria

Jul 23, 1992, 3:50:22 PM7/23/92
In article <cass88...@elan.glassboro.edu> cass...@elan.glassboro.edu (KYLE CASSIDY) writes:

what could this mean?

Either:

The owls are not what they seem

or:

John_-_Winston is a bit of underdone potato(e)

-30-
Bob

``We're searching the universe for habitable life.''

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 24, 1992, 1:36:43 AM7/24/92
Sorry everybody I don't have any time to read or post anything except
this posting today. Catch you people later if possible.
John Winston.

Ian Robertson

Jul 24, 1992, 6:28:16 AM7/24/92

Begging your pardons but WHY is it

GLOBAL - only AMERICANS make any reference to it ??
INDEPENDENCE - from what ?? .

LOVE & LIGHT
Ian

weird:- fortune destiny; the fates, the three goddesses of destiny;
an event destined to happen; an omen; mysterious saying;
someone with supernatural skill or knowlege; having the power
to control the destiny of men; troublesome mystrious harmfull;
weird strange uncanny; ordain by fate; assign a specific fate or
fortune to; warn ominously !!!.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 24, 1992, 9:18:19 AM7/24/92
Dear Fellow Earthlings: Here it is Friday morning 0607 and things look
pretty good. If it's God's will and if the creek doesn't rise
I hope to go down to Southern Calif. and go on a tour of the ruins
of a 30,000 year old city.
In case we ever accomplish something with all of this astral projection
project and other things be sure and don't think it's something that
I did or figured out myself. It's like the western song, I've got
friends in low places, except just the opposite.
John Winston.

Ed Gruberman

Jul 24, 1992, 12:25:33 PM7/24/92
dear johnwinston:

whatever the negative energy you were getting was not coming from me.

my side of the story is unfortunate - i ended up falling into a deep
sleep during my meditation which is unusual, but i think it may have
to do with the rum and pepsi i had! oops. didn't think it would
be that influential. so i didn't see anything consciously - if
something happened in my dreams then i don't remember it.

(this next has nothing to do w/ sci.skeptic so skip it if you
don't care about my dream that morning)

i sure had a really cool dream that morning - all of it was
underwater in the ocean - i had apparently fallen from a great
distance and in the dream i was worried about having enough
air to get to the top without getting the bends. but it
ended up being a lucid dream (pretty common for me), and i
somehow managed to rebreathe the air or breathe the water or
something and found huge bubbles just floating around under
the water that i could take breaths from. i wasn't panicked,
in fact it was really relaxing. i woke up before i got to
the surface but i was definitely getting there. the other
neat thing was i had no goggles but could see perfectly, and
the water was this beautiful azure blue. i didn't see any
other life, though. it was kinda like being in a huge
swimming pool.

so anyway, i don't think i ended up with any evidence for or
against anything except that if you want to meditate for
longer than 10 minutes or so, don't drink a whole bunch of
alcohol, if any. :)

it would be nice to try it again. this time i think i should
give a description of myself or at least my surroundings and
whereabouts to attempt to clarify where to "go."

i'm going to mexico on the 30th and i won't be back until
that monday night. so if you want to try it again, you
will have to keep in mind where i am.

also i have a request: do you think you could PLEASE change
your subject lines so they have something to do with what
you're saying? it doesn't require that much effort and it
will keep people like me from killing your replies 'cos the
subject line is of a thread they aren't interested in.

i had to read cary's account to get your post about wed. night
because i had killed that thread.

shannon tmprb.

Drew Lawson

Jul 24, 1992, 12:52:40 PM7/24/92
In article <1992Jul23....@walter.bellcore.com> mdl@phelixsalt (Michael Lynch) writes:

>I had a dream that grey empaths dressed in black had taken over New
>Jersey.....

But would anybody notice?

--
Drew Lawson If you're not part of the solution,
law...@acuson.com you're part of the precipitate

ca...@merrimack.edu

Jul 24, 1992, 10:44:55 AM7/24/92
In article <62...@cup.portal.com>, John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
> Dear Everybody: I don't have time to say much. A person by the name
> of Kumar in Germany has been sending me E-mail and my E-mail has not
> been getting back to him so I sent him a telepathic message. He wrote
> me yesterday that he was aware of me sending him a telepathic message
> and that I had woken him up and had also appeared in his dreams. This
> has happened to me and other people before. On sunday and monday nights
> I did a little warm up astral projection. Remember tonight at 1100 PM
> it the time we'll do the experiment.
> John Winston.

Now this is good...From now on when I call someone and the line is busy...
I'll send them a telepathic message. Why do I get the feeling you believe
you've talked to Elvis in your local K-mart?

Now kids...Pay attention, By smoking some weird foreign substance, you too
can post weird messages.

Alex
Stand your ground, Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have
a war...let it begin here!
Captain Parker
April 19, 1775
Battle of Lexington

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 24, 1992, 10:09:05 PM7/24/92
Dear Doug: It sounds like you have a clear alert mind and your not
afraid to stand out from the other people and say what you think.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 24, 1992, 11:12:27 PM7/24/92
Dear Astral Folks: The results of the first weekly Astral Convoy was as
follows the person we called E started his astral journey in good order
hitching up with me (I think) and I got a picture of a male person sort of
handsome, looking out to his left and my right. He is white. We then went
over to Hawaii and woke up a lady whoes first name starts with the letter
K (I think). She woke up at 3:30 am with E. by her side. Gregg didn't
make contact as far as he knows. I don't know what happened to Shannon
and I didn't send him a picture of myself yet. I thought Kumar was in
Germany but he was actually in Penn. USA and he couldn't get himself in
the proper mood to receive me. We now have Linda in England that wants to
get in on this. Remember anybody that wants in, each Wed. 1100 PM

barry.o.olson

Jul 25, 1992, 12:04:17 AM7/25/92
> Dear Astral Folks: The results of the first weekly Astral Convoy was as
> follows the person we called E started his astral journey in good order
> hitching up with me (I think) and I got a picture of a male person sort of

How does this astral travel work, i.e., "you think" you hooked up
with E? Are you in a fog?

> handsome, looking out to his left and my right. He is white. We then went

Just curious, how can this guy be perceived as handsome, when you
are not even sure who you hook up with?

> over to Hawaii and woke up a lady whoes first name starts with the letter
> K (I think). She woke up at 3:30 am with E. by her side. Gregg didn't

How do you know you were in hawaii?

> make contact as far as he knows. I don't know what happened to Shannon

Greg might have hooked-up but doesn't know?

> and I didn't send him a picture of myself yet. I thought Kumar was in
> Germany but he was actually in Penn. USA and he couldn't get himself in

So you quickly left germany and headed for penn?

> the proper mood to receive me. We now have Linda in England that wants to
> get in on this. Remember anybody that wants in, each Wed. 1100 PM

Maybe you were hooked-up with sannon and didn't know it?
Is LSD a prerequisite to astral travel? How much is taken?
I'm curious 'cause your report sounds disjointed and rather vague.

Thanks

P.S. No thanks on the astral offer. If you don't even know who
you are traveling with, you could run into some astral thugs,
unless of course thugs don't travel astral.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 25, 1992, 10:24:02 AM7/25/92
Dear Press:
One of the problems of astral travel is that is of not very high
frequency and you can run into some very low vibrational entities.
John Winston

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 25, 1992, 10:47:52 AM7/25/92
Dear Fellow Earth Travellers: I will now put down the second part of the
information that was sent to me by the lady that founded the Antahkarana
Organization and she is also the person who put the information down that
is found in this particular collection. This from Ashtar---We wish to
inform those of Earth who work with us: NOW IS THE TIME TO UNITE into
the oneness of purpose that will be required of you to create the
vibration for us to land, and join hands, minds, and hearts in this joint
endeavor between dimensions. As in the movie ET, when the finger of the
alien ET touches the finger of Earth, so can the energies of higher
frequencies reach and work with those in the third dimension. We wish

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 25, 1992, 10:59:35 AM7/25/92
---to create this link with all of you in a stronger more personal way.
We are offering you this opportunity ot create a happening on Earth
of a magnitude that will change the destiny of man away from that of
materialism and aggression and propel him into his next step of evolution
in an easy way. This can be accomplihsed, my brothers and sisters of
Earth, with the interlinking energies of the higher frequencies, the
interstellar commands, and collective mankind. Man's continued
insensitivity to the way he treats his fellow man and Mother Earth has
the potential to create a cataclysm of a magnitude that can literally
shift the poles of Earth and eliminated life as you know it.
We wish to offer this helping hand to you, our brothers and sisters--

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 25, 1992, 11:07:43 AM7/25/92
---of Earth, by offering to land openly on your Earth by invitaion and
sharing the knowledge we have gained with you. Then you too may live and
BE IN LOVE, PEACE, HARMONY AND BROTHERHOOD together with all of Creation,
linked to us and beyond to the Creator God.
I am Astar, your star brother of the planet Venus working with Earth
to assist in Her transformation into the higher frequencies of understanding
known as the higher dimensions, or the GOLDEN AGE of Man. So be it Adonai,
adonai, adonai. Messager, Jean Peterson.
John Winston.

Bob Ingria

Jul 25, 1992, 2:31:50 PM7/25/92

P.S. No thanks on the astral offer. If you don't even know who
you are traveling with, you could run into some astral thugs,
unless of course thugs don't travel astral.

``This is the Mind Spider, checking in!''
-- Fritz Leiber, ``The Mind Spider''

-30-
Bob

Ben Hekster

Jul 25, 1992, 4:42:02 PM7/25/92
>Dear Fellow Earth Travellers: I will now put down the second part of the
>information that was sent to me by the lady that founded the Antahkarana
>[&c., &c.]

As much an accomplishment as interstellar subhyperastral travelling may
be, the Antahkaranians cannot be *that* highly advanced-- their e-mail
messages always seems to be limited to exactly one screenful. Perhaps
their terminal emulators don't implement scrolling..? I know, I bet
they still use those old storage-tube displays, heh, heh.

Just imagine what an absolute *pain* it would be to mail an
Ant'an binaries-- having to split your uuencoded file into 20-line
chunks <shudder>. Remind me *never* to let one of these guys beta-test
for me! On the other hand, I suppose that by now they must have
developed some pretty neat shell scripts to do this sort of stuff.

They *do* use UNIX, don't they, John?

--
Ben `Hackster' Hekster | "He bides his time and thinks,
heks...@cs.utwente.nl | 'There must be more to life than this!'"

Grant Edwards

Jul 25, 1992, 5:12:53 PM7/25/92
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
: Dear Doug: It sounds like you have a clear alert mind and your not

: afraid to stand out from the other people and say what you think.
: John Winston.

Brilliant. Sounds like one of those statements you hear from
astrologers with which at least 95% of the population will agree.

(I'm not implying that the statement is false in Doug's case.)

--
Grant Edwards |Yow! I am a jelly donut. I
Rosemount Inc. |am a jelly donut.

gra...@aquarius.rosemount.com |

Warren Burstein

Jul 25, 1992, 6:50:06 PM7/25/92
In <62...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

Dear Dan: Your pretty cotton picking funny. Sounds like your having
a good laugh out of all of this.

I hope we all are.
--
/|/-\/-\ I'll leave you with this saying:
|__/__/_/ Being a BALD HERO is almost as FESTIVE as a TATTOOED
|warren@ KNOCKWURST.
/ nysernet.org

Ithlial the Archer

Jul 27, 1992, 1:24:40 PM7/27/92

Oh yes we are! Maybe we can get john to make his post more than one screen
long!

And BTW:

JOHN!

USE YOUR GODDAM

EEEEEEEE M M A IIIIIII L !
E MM MM A A I L !
E M M M M A A I L !
EEEE ======= M M M M A A I L !
E M M M AAAAAAAAA I L !
E M M A A I L !
EEEEEEEE M M A A IIIIIII LLLLLLL o

... for your personal messages!

Drew Lawson

Jul 27, 1992, 4:48:37 PM7/27/92
>Dear Fellow Earthlings: Here it is Friday morning 0607 and things look
>pretty good. If it's God's will and if the creek doesn't rise
>I hope to go down to Southern Calif. and go on a tour of the ruins
>of a 30,000 year old city.

No, John. Los Angeles only _seems_ 30,000 years old.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 27, 1992, 7:49:59 PM7/27/92
Dear Future Astral Astronauts: In my last report of the Astral Convoy
I made a few slight mistakes. The person called K. should have been J.
J. lived in Penn. USA rather than Hawaii. E. forgot to go on the journey
but his higher self took off on time and did make contact with J. I
don't know what J. looks like but I think I got a picture in my mind
of E. Shannon passed out according to the information I got from E. and
wasn't aware of anything. We don't know whether Shannon is a girl or boy
but we don't want to ask because Shannon will think we're trying to cheat.
Kumar turned out to be in the USA rather than Germany but he never could
get his mind altogether. So we have a little room for improvement. We have
a person from England named Linda that wants in on some of this action. JW

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 27, 1992, 7:59:04 PM7/27/92
Part 2. J. has two friends that want to get in on this. Their names are
Allen and Bill. Some people may wonder how I'm going to get from one
place to another so fast. This Astral Convoy will be traveling at the
speed of thought. I'll need 8 seconds or less for each person visited.
That's all for now.
John Winston.

Bob Ingria

Jul 27, 1992, 10:27:05 PM7/27/92

Part 2. J. has two friends that want to get in on this. Their names are
Allen and Bill. Some people may wonder how I'm going to get from one
place to another so fast. This Astral Convoy will be traveling at the
speed of thought.

Using what stimulants or depressants?

-30-
Bob

``Oh, we've got a great big convoy...''

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 28, 1992, 9:26:26 AM7/28/92
Dear Drew and Bob: I'm really not going to say anything to you two
wonderful gentlemen because I got about 17 bits of E-mail from a person
of the female gender commanding me not to respond to people in a personal
manner. That's supposed to be done through E=mail.
In accordance with the suggestion that was given to me by Shannon
I did send Him-Her a picture of myself through the mail for identification
purposes only (just in case I come by in astral projection mode). This
picture was sent through the regular post office mail.
On yes Drew and Bob. Please don't hold your breath till I respond to
you by E-mail.
Cheers and all that old stuff. John Winston.

Ed Gruberman

Jul 28, 1992, 3:00:17 PM7/28/92
>Dear Future Astral Astronauts: In my last report of the Astral Convoy
>I made a few slight mistakes. The person called K. should have been J.

you just made another one:

>of E. Shannon passed out according to the information I got from E. and

shannon did not "pass out." shannon fell asleep. shannon did not drink
enough to pass out. shannon told you this in public, right here on
sci.skeptic and shannon would appreciate it if you (and others) would
pay attention.

>wasn't aware of anything. We don't know whether Shannon is a girl or boy

shannon is not a "girl or boy;" shannon is a "man or woman," thank you.

>but we don't want to ask because Shannon will think we're trying to cheat.

you obviously don't know what shannon will think because this is incorrect.
shannon did not realize some did not know what sex s/he was and thought it
would be interesting to see if anyone could tell. that is all.

i don't recall having talked down to you or even about you (surprisingly
enough) as you have to me. i felt i needed to correct this in public as
you seem to be fond of posting personal correspondence to the net and
so that you won't perpetuate incorrect ideas about me. funny, this
wasn't the impression i got from you before i entered into this little
adventure in Astro-land.

is there a reason you are nice to me in e-mail and rude in public?

(don't need to sign this one do i?)

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 29, 1992, 9:27:08 AM7/29/92
Dear Everybody: I was asked by Debra where the ruins of the 30,000 year
old city is? It extends from Point Conception to Escondito from North
to South and from the Channel Islands to the mountains north of Malibu.
I was taken 10 miles up the coast from Malibu, up a road that sounded
like the word Decker, over to split rock park, up an old Army road,
past a abandoned Boy Scout camp, past some old water tanks and there you
are. It seems I'm still in Kumar's dreams and everybody and his dog seems
to be on this astral convoy. Oh yes I look a lot better (and everybody
else does too) in the spiritual or astral body. So long till tonight
because 1100 PM wednesday is take off time again.
John Winston.
It is loading more messages.