Buddhism and Democracy.

Peter Terpstra (獅心彼得)

Feb 8, 2011, 3:16:13 PM2/8/11
Buddhism and Democracy

Washington, D.C., April 1993

1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an authoritarian organization employing
rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because people have an innate desire for
freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous conflict throughout history. Today, it
is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships of left
and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

2. Although none of our Buddhist societies developed anything like democracy in their systems of government,
I personally have great admiration for secular democracy. When Tibet was still free, we cultivated our natural
isolation, mistakenly thinking that we could prolong our peace and security that way. Consequently, we paid
little attention to the changes taking place in the world outside. We hardly noticed when India, one of our
closest neighbours, having peacefully won her independence, became the largest democracy in the world.
Later, we learned the hard way that in the international arena, as well as at home, freedom is something to be
shared and enjoyed in the company of others, not kept to yourself.

3. Although the Tibetans outside Tibet have been reduced to the status of refugees, we have the freedom to
exercise our rights. Our brothers and sisters in Tibet, despite being in their own country do not even have the
right to life. Therefore, those of us in exile have had a responsibility to contemplate and plan for a future
Tibet. Over the years, therefore, we have tried through various means to achieve a model of true democracy.
The familiarity of all Tibetan exiles with the word 'democracy' shows this.

4. I have long looked forward to the time when we could devise a political system, suited both to our
traditions and to the demands of the modern world. A democracy that has nonviolence and peace at its roots.
We have recently embarked on changes that will further democratize and strengthen our administration in
exile. For many reasons, I have decided that I will not be the head of, or play any role in the government when
Tibet becomes independent. The future head of the Tibetan Government must be someone popularly elected
by the people. There are many advantages to such a step and it will enable us to become a true and complete
democracy. I hope that these moves will allow the people of Tibet to have a clear say in determining the
future of their country.

5. Our democratization has reached out to Tibetans all over the world. I believe that future generations will
consider these changes among the most important achievements of our experience in exile. Just as the
introduction of Buddhism to Tibet cemented our nation, I am confident that the democratization of our
society will add to the vitality of the Tibetan people and enable our decision-making institutions to reflect
their heartfelt needs and aspirations.

6. The idea that people can live together freely as individuals, equal in principle and therefore responsible
for each other, essentially agrees with the Buddhist disposition. As Buddhists, we Tibetans revere human life
as the most precious gift and regard the Buddha's philosophy and teaching as a path to the highest kind of
freedom. A goal to be attained by men and women alike.

7. The Buddha saw that life's very purpose is happiness. He also saw that while ignorance binds beings in
endless frustration and suffering, wisdom is liberating. Modern democracy is based on the principle that all
human beings are essentially equal, that each of us has an equal right to life, liberty, and happiness. Buddhism
too recognises that human beings are entitled to dignity, that all members of the human family have an equal
and inalienable right to liberty, not just in terms of political freedom, but also at the fundamental level of
freedom from fear and want. Irrespective of whether we are rich or poor, educated or uneducated, belonging
to one nation or another, to one religion or another, adhering to this ideology or that, each of us is just a
human being like everyone else. Not only do we all desire happiness and seek to avoid suffering, but each
of us has an equal right to pursue these goals.

8. The institution the Buddha established was the Sangha or monastic community, which functioned on largely
democratic lines. Within this fraternity, individuals were equal, whatever their social class or caste origins.
The only slight difference in status depended on seniority of ordination. Individual freedom, exemplified by
liberation or enlightenment, was the primary focus of the entire community and was achieved by cultivating
the mind in meditation. Nevertheless, day to day relations were conducted on the basis of generosity,
consideration, and gentleness towards others. By pursuing the homeless life, monks detached themselves
from the concerns of property. However, they did not live in total isolation. Their custom of begging for alms
only served to strengthen their awareness of their dependence on other people. Within the community
decisions were taken by vote and differences were settled by consensus. Thus, the Sangha served as a model
for social equality, sharing of resources and democratic process.

9. Buddhism is essentially a practical doctrine. In addressing the fundamental problem of human suffering, it
does not insist on a single solution. Recognising that human beings differ widely in their needs, dispositions
and abilities, it acknowledges that the paths to peace and happiness are many. As a spiritual community its
cohesion has sprung from a unifying sense of brotherhood and sisterhood. Without any apparent centralized
authority Buddhism has endured for more than two thousand five hundred years. It has flourished in a diversity
of forms, while repeatedly renewing, through study and practice, its roots in the teachings of the Buddha.
This kind of pluralistic approach, in which individuals themselves are responsible, is very much in accord with
a democratic outlook.

10. We all desire freedom, but what distinguishes human beings is their intelligence. As free human beings we
can use our unique intelligence to try to understand ourselves and our world. The Buddha made it clear that his
followers were not to take even what he said at face value, but were to examine and test it as a goldsmith
tests the quality of gold. But if we are prevented from using our discrimination and creativity, we lose one of
the basic characteristics of a human being. Therefore, the political, social and cultural freedom that
democracy entails is of immense value and importance.

11. No system of government is perfect, but democracy is closest to our essential human nature. It is also the
only stable foundation upon which a just and free global political structure can be built. So it is in all our
interests that those of us who already enjoy democracy should actively support everybody's right to do so.

12. Although communism espoused many noble ideals, including altruism, the attempt by its governing elites
to dictate their views proved disastrous. These governments went to tremendous lengths to control their
societies and to induce their citizens to work for the common good. Rigid organisation may have been
necessary at first to overcome previously oppressive regimes. Once that goal was fulfilled, however, such
rigidity had very little to contribute to building a truly cooperative society. Communism failed utterly because
it relied on force to promote its beliefs. Ultimately, human nature was unable to sustain the suffering it
produced.

13. Brute force, no matter how strongly applied, can never subdue the basic human desire for freedom. The
hundreds of thousands of people who marched in the cities of Eastern Europe proved this. They simply
expressed the human need for freedom and democracy. Their demands had nothing to do with some new
ideology; they were simply expressing their heartfelt desire for freedom. It is not enough, as communist
systems have assumed, merely to provide people with food, shelter and clothing. Our deeper nature requires
that we breathe the precious air of liberty.

14. The peaceful revolutions in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe have taught us many great lessons.
One is the value of truth. People do not like to be bullied, cheated or lied to by either an individual or a
system. Such acts are contrary to the essential human spirit. Therefore, those who practice deception and use
force may achieve considerable short-term success, but eventually they will be overthrown.

15. Truth is the best guarantor and the real foundation of freedom and democracy. It does not matter whether
you are weak or strong or whether your cause has many or few adherents, truth will still prevail. Recently,
many successful freedom movements have been based on the true expression of people's most basic feelings.
This is a valuable reminder that truth itself is still seriously lacking in much of our political life. Especially in
the conduct of international relations we pay very little respect to truth. Inevitably, weaker nations are
manipulated and oppressed by stronger ones, just as the weaker sections of most societies suffer at the
hands of the more affluent and powerful. In the past, the simple expression of truth has usually been
dismissed as unrealistic, but these last few years have proved that it is an immense force in the human mind,
and, as a result, in the shaping of history.

16. As we approach the end of the twentieth century, we find that the world has grown smaller and the world's
people have become almost one community. We are also being drawn together by the grave problems we face:
overpopulation, dwindling natural resources, and an environmental crisis that threaten the very foundation of
existence on this small planet we share. I believe that to meet the challenge of our times, human beings will
have to develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. Each of us must learn to work not just for his or
her own self, family or nation, but for the benefit of all humankind. Universal responsibility is the real key to
human survival. It is the best foundation for world peace, the equitable use of natural resources, and the
proper care of the environment.

17. This urgent need for cooperation can only strengthen mankind, because it helps us recognize that the
most secure foundation for the new world order is not simply broader political and economic alliances, but
each individual's genuine practice of love and compassion. These qualities are the ultimate source of human
happiness, and our need for them lies at the very core of our being. The practice of compassion is not just a
symptom of unrealistic idealism, but the most effective way to pursue the best interests of others as well our
own. The more we - as nations or as individuals - depend upon others, the more it is in our own best interests
to ensure their well-being.

18. Despite the rapid advances made by civilization in this century, I believe that the most immediate cause
of our present dilemma is our undue emphasis solely on material development. We have become so engrossed
in its pursuit that, without even knowing it, we have neglected to foster the most basic human needs of love,
kindness, cooperation and caring. If we do not know someone or do not feel connected to a particular
individual or group, we simply overlook their needs. And yet the development of human society is based
entirely on people helping each other. Once we have lost the essential humanity that is our foundation, what
is the point of pursuing only material improvement?

19. In the present circumstances, no one can afford to assume that someone else will solve our problems.
Every individual has a responsibility to help guide our global family in the right direction and we must each
assume that responsibility. What we have to aim at is the common cause of our society. If society as a whole
is well off, every individual or association within it will naturally gain from it. They will naturally be happy.
However, if society as a whole collapses, then where can we turn to fight for and demand our rights?

20. I, for one, truly believe that individuals can make a difference in society. As a Buddhist monk, I try to
develop compassion myself - not just from a religious point of view, but from a humanitarian one as well. To
encourage myself in this altruistic attitude, I sometimes find it helpful to imagine myself, a single individual,
on one side and on the other a huge gathering of all other human beings. Then I ask myself, 'Whose interests
are more important?' To me it is then quite clear that, however important I may feel, I am only one, while
others form the majority.

http://dalailama.com/messages/buddhism/buddhism-and-democracy

rst0wxyz

Feb 8, 2011, 3:37:27 PM2/8/11
Leave it to Peter the Tibetan Clown to dig up dirts against China.

DP

Feb 8, 2011, 3:39:42 PM2/8/11
We live in a society of law and I am calling psychiatrists CRIMINAL.
Why don't you do something to me in a LEGAL sense because you are
criminals and you can only resort to criminal means since mental
illness is a SCAM! Do you understand what I am trying to say? I know
for a fact that mental illness is a scam that I am willing to put my
LIFE on the line. Why don't you put their LIFE on the line since you
believe mental illness is real? Because I have offered proof that
mental illness is a SCAM and you have been caught! You have no
confidence in you scam anymore and act like a little boy who hides
with his hands in his ears ignoring what someone is telling him hoping
that it will all go away. But as people with conscience we have to
teach the child right from wrong because people should not be rewarded
being a CRIMINAL.

--
www.destroypsychiatry.org

lo yeeOn

Feb 8, 2011, 11:56:55 PM2/8/11
In article <8432986.6WiZsEGxfJ@Dharma>,

Peter Terpstra (� � 彼� ) <lion...@dharma.dyn-o-saur.com> wrote:
>Buddhism and Democracy
>
>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

of left and right, eh?

I thought the opposite was true! Recall that the Free World leader,
aka George W Bush, told us that we couldn't afford to wait.

We had to kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in order to liberate
their mothers and fathers!

We had to leave a million orphans who would never see their Mom and
Dad again in order to grow up free!

We had to destroy Fallujah as the fascist dictator Francisco Franco
and his Nazi Luftwaffe buddies destroyed Guernica and turn Iraq into
a land of cancer patients like we had done to Hiroshima and Nagasaki!

We had to go bankrupt at the rate of a trillion USD a year to finance
this Iraq war (which is still continuing) in order to keep the Free
World free!

I thought the Nobel Peace guy Liu Xiaobo had such a great insight into
the struggle for democracy that he unreservedly glorified G W Bush's
massive slaughter and destruction and advise us thus:

There is no free lunch anywhere in the world. The success of any
righteous enterprise demands lots of suffering, even at a tragic
price. This is especially true when law-abiding and civilized free
countries are confronted with immoral and unreasonable authoritarian
regimes, evil forces of terrorism and fundamentalism and the like and
must enter into a contest, it is necessary to pay a huge price to win
the final victory. The horrible catastrophe of 9/11 is the price for
the US to promote freedom, the anti-terror war after 9/11 is only the
beginning of an open contest between the forces of freedom and
terrorism, NATO soldiers and civilian casualties are the price we must
pay to fight terrorism, to overthrow Saddam's tyranny, and to build a
democratic Iraq.

So, these so-called Buddhists, aka lamas in Tibet, and their western
spokespeople now have the knowledge that "peoples' power movements"
are enough to overthrow "dictatorships of left and right" but they
couldn't do that before!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk!

What I know is that the American people did rise up and overthrew King
George III's dictatorship over America. And the French people rose up
and founded a republic (September 1792) which was followed by having
King Louis XVI and his wife sent to the guillotine. As a result,

French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal,
aristocratic and religious privileges evaporated under a
sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses
on the streets. Old ideas about hierarchy and tradition
succumbed to new Enlightenment principles of citizenship and
inalienable rights. (Wikipedia on the French Revolution)

Likewise, the founding of the People's Republic of China did away the
feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges of Da Lama and the
lamas in Tibet as well as "old ideas about hierarchy and tradition"
which dominated the Tibetan society. At the same time, land reform
resulted in taking away what the lazy lamas controlled - land which
they never worked and which was transferred to the serfs and commoners
who work it.

You see, even as late as 1950, Da Lama was still keeping 70-80% of the
Tibetan people enslaved and illiterate while occupying himself with
seeing western movies in his oversized summer Nobulingka palace. You
see, the institutionalized Buddhists in Tibet never got it because the
one who they believed to possess a "complete knowledge" about whatever
they believe matters never got it either. He didn't know that he was
about to thrown out, either voluntarily or involuntarily. He thought
he could wine and dine Mao, the leader of a people's power which had
just seized power, into letting him hold on to power and the land in
Tibet.

But Da Lama never learned anything when he had a chance. So, he went
to consult an oracle who in her epileptic state assured Da Lama that
the good and popular Dorje Shugden told him to flee, all the way to
India.

Since then, Da Lama and his lamas have been wandering the earth lying
and trying to do some cheap and ineffectual subversive work on behalf
of his western masters.

Of course, these so-called Buddhists are busy seizing the latest news
and hope to generate some noise for their western masters. But they
forget that their top western benefactor has been funding this Mubarak
baby for decades at a price of billions a year to keep the people in
the North East corner of Africa under the thumb of dictatorial rule.

And they forget that they themselves have been lying and acting as a
bunch of dictators. Patrick French, a strong former supporter of Da
Lama and the Free Tibet movement, told the world that these lamas were
lying through their teeth and a glimmer of hope for their aspiration
that once existed is now extinguished because of their dishonesty.

And Da Lama forget that he and his predecessor was so blind in their
pursuit of materialistic goals that they forgot their people, they
exploited the human capital, they built and built more and more
structures at their Nobulingka summer Palace for their own personal
consumption, that their people's welfare was neglected, their future
put in doubt.

This article, if written by Da Lama, way back in 1993, shows once more
the deception so frequnetly found in his speech. He thought he could
fool people every time he chooses to do so. But there is so much out
there about the history of Tibet which always puts him in context: a
lying wandering monk who once lived the life of a king and who now
works as a stooge for western agendas.

Nobulingka, golden stupas, the previleges and indulgence of this
deceiving monks: Da Lama and his lamas.

lo yeeOn
========

> [...]
>> which were given to the Dalai Lamas. Heinrich Harrer helped the 14th
>> Dalai Lama build a small movie theatre there in the 1950s.
>>
>> So who says Da Lama, aka the 14th Dalai Lama, was too young to be
>> responsible for the feudal system, the serfdom, and their iniquity
>> there?
>>
>> The palace, with 374 rooms, is located 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) west of
>> the Potala Palace, which was the winter palace. It is in the western
>> suburb of Lhasa City on the bank of the Kyichu River. When
>> construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai Lama's
>> period) in the 1740s, the site was a barren land, overgrown with
>> weeds and scrub and infested with wild animals.[6]
>>
>> Fruit trees of apple, peach and apricot were also reported (but the
>> fruits did not ripen in Lhasa) . . .
>>
>> We already knew about the little fact that Da Lama was already asking
>> Herr Heinrich Harrer to direct "his people" to build a movie cinema
>> for him when he was only a boy, from the highly sympathetic Hollywood
>> movie about Da Lama named "Seven Years in Tibet", a portrayal based on
>> Harrer's own published account of his time in Tibet.
>>
>> Writing as Da Lama's close friend, the veracity of Da Lama's seemingly
>> innocent edict cannot be challenged. Yet, the stressful thing is how
>> the edict was impacting on the poor men and women who had to labor in
>> the deathly cold Himalayan weather, both physically and emotionally,
>> to do the work and build the theater.
>>
>> It was bad enough that the working Tibetans had to do the hard work
>> outdoors without being able to enjoy the fruit of their labor (as
>> Norbulingka, Da Lama's summer palace, was a private residence for his
>> own enjoyment, just as his Potola Palace was, and not a park or some
>> venue for public consumption).
>>
>> It became unbearably distressing when Da Lama and the lamas had
>> brainwashed the laborers into believing that their mothers had
>> reincarnated themselves as worms in the hard cold ground so that the
>> fulfilment of the little god-king's edict actually amounted to
>> disturbing the peace and injuring the little lowly bodies of their
>> (deceased) _mothers_.
>>
>> In other words, it was not enough for the conniving lamas to exploit
>> the ignorance of the lowly serfs which constituted the vast majority
>> of the whole Tibetan society in as late as the 1950s in order to keep
>> them believing that the lowly's place shall always be lowly with this
>> kind of trick which is dressed in the form of transmigration of the
>> soul; it had to be that these lowly serfs had to be also willing to
>> sacrifice their _mothers_ to satisfy the lamas' many desires. So,
>> just Go figure!
>>
>> Actually the idea of the place the lowly are condemned to hold is
>> nothing original! It is strictly a copy of the Chinese Confucian
>> social order. The only surprise is the degree of disingenuousness and
>> exploitation Da Lama and the lamas were willing to take themselves to

Tom Wheat made the laughable claim that lotto equals social mobility:

>In terms of social mobility and wealth distribution, independent Tibet
>compared favourably with most Asian countries"[10] the fact that most
>Dalai Lamas, including Thubten Gyatso, 13th Dalai Lama and Tenzin
>Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama, came from peasant families being cited as an
>example of this. Travelers who witnessed conditions in both China and
>Tibet in the 1940s found the Tibetan peasants to be far better off
>than their Chinese counterparts.

Such a bogus claim: "social mobility". Of course, if you win a lotto,
you also have social mobility. You or your "sources" are grasping at
straws to confuse the individual with the society and to attempt to
establish an estimate about the masses from a set with zero measure.

It is also a testament of the duplicity of the lamas to have invented
a scheme for them to collectively hold on to the power and wealth of a
society when they can't have children themselves. What better way is
there to have find a figure head to your best liking when he was still
a child and when his relatives will forever be indebted to you for
having brought them the lotto prize of a lifetime? Of course if the
child grew up having too many of his own ideas about whom he should be
grateful to, he wouldn't live long. That's why Melvyn Goldstein told
of quite a few Da Lama(s) before the 13th and the 14th had only a few
years of reign.

And of course, banning capital punishment and other forms of cruel and
unusual punishments may not mean a whole lot when the punishments were
so cruel and unusual before, as described in detail by Michael Parenti
and others.

And who is to say that capital punishment when applied to a criminal
who has committed gross violation of other people's rights should not
deserve such a punishment? For example, who is to say that the land
owner who cut off the hands of a hungry child of a serf who stole a
banana left for the rich man's pet bird should not be given the same
treatment he meted out to the poor child?

Who is to say that a serial murderer who has raped and killed a dozen
boys should not be given the capital punishment?

Who is to say that rioters who burnt down shops and maliciously killed
the operators and workers at these shops should not be given the
capital punishment?

Who is to say that the thugs who jabbed passers-by with needles with
the intention to kill or terorize should not meet the maximum penalty
prescribed in the law book?

And why should scores of unarmed civilians be killed in the dark of
night, night after night, just because you are mad at the Taliban?

The important parameters in this discussion are not the individuals
who have committed serious crimes against the society but whether the
leaders of the society has done what is necessary to respond to the
need of the society.

As I have discussed at length, Da Lama and the lamas have failed and
that's why they are where they are: disgraced beggars living on the
street, instead of their opulence former residences. The CCP, on the
other hand, made the right response to the call of the Chinese society
and they are therefore allowed to continue to lead the country.

The death penalty will eventually be gone when subversive elements
fail to receive more funding from foreign agencies. Now, the US
government is pursuing a policy which is killing innocent people
around the world in numbers that dwarf the death rows in China.

George Bush, the evil man who spear-headed all the killing, was never
a kind man: he never forgave any of the deathrow inmates whose fates
had come before his desk when he was a governor. How many of the
Texans during his reign deserved to die, if you talk about China's
capital punishment?

And simply considering the numbers within the context of what is
better for the entire society as a whole, it is easy to understand
that the result would be a lot worse if the welfare of the entire
people should be jeopardize by a minority group who are emboldened to
bring on a calamity to the majority, when they see that they could get
away with mass murder!

Of course, there is no slavery in the CCP's policy book. You were
either mixing up illegal activities with government policies or
deliberately trying to confuse the issue and keep the noise high in
your attempt to defame China.

The CCP may have become capitalist for pragmatic reasons. But the
ideals of communism do not condone iniquity and its practitioners or
followers have been very careful about killing or enslaving people.

In fact, the regime which ruled over China before 1949 killed many of
their comrades while ignored the welfare of the the dispossessed and
the poor. And that was a factor widely recognized to undo the regime
which had to flee to Taiwan. So, the CCP knew that if they wanted to
survive, they had better not kill people in cold blood as the previous
regime.

And that's why while many have gone through the hardship of the
Cultural Revolution, they were not sent before the firing squads. And
that's why the current industrial and technological mobilization
program is possible and in fact such a success. If the CCP were
indiscriminate killers, they would not survive and China would be a
colony by western powers as Liu Xiaobo has advocated for and gambled
on. Of course Liu bet wrong and he lost, even if he were so naive as
to believe in his current western fabricated celebrity status. The
CCP sowed the right seeds, and they are also reaping the right fruit
now. And of course the people as a whole are the beneficiaries.

On the other hand, it is a fact that the 13th and 14th Dalai Lama
spent valuable human capital to build up palaces for their own private
consumption. It is a fact that they as leaders neglected the
education for their people, in contrast with the CCP which emphasizes
the development of universities across the vast land of China. In
fact, the CCP gives special treatment to the ethnic minorities, in
contrast with Da Lama and the lamas who deliberately kept their people
ignorant and disempowered. So Da Lama and the lamas sowed the seeds
to the wind and are now reaping the bitter fruit. And of course those
who followed them into exile are living in regret.

lo yeeOn
========

[...]

to satisfy their own many selfish interests at the expense of others.

They didn't even have an ounce of compassion! They are in fact the
most insensitive beings humanity has witnessed on earth!

Al Capone and his friends in the Mafia were at least mincing no words
about who they were. Here a bunch of lamas with Da Lama at the head
are telling the world they are good people and they are legit so that
you ought to show some compassion for them and help them to regain
control of the land they used to own (at the expense of those who
worked it, i.e., through naked exploitation).

Since Norbulingka was largely a private enterprise at the public's
expense under the 13th and the 14th Da Lamas, it wasn't too young for
the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai
Lama's period) in the 1740s, the site was a barren land, overgrown
with weeds and scrub and infested with wild animals.

And,

Fruit trees of apple, peach and apricot were also reported (but the
fruits did not ripen in Lhasa) . . .

What does it tell us?

a) Da Lama wanted the fruit trees maintained anyway even though fruits
could not ripen in Lhasa's climate --- extravagant!

b) Da Lamas have preached compassion and the transmigration of the
human souls to the animals as a fundamental tenet of their religion.
Yet what happened when it comes time for their own private enjoyment?

They went and killed off the wild animals are drove them out! Now if
there is any poetic justice, it will just be right for these lamas and
Da Lama to be driven out, just as they drove out the wild animals when
they were perceived by these lamas as not serving them! Since Da Lama
and the lamas proclaim to believe in karma, it's hard for see why what
they did to the animals before should apply to them personally now!

It's called sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander! It's called
poetic justice!

lo yeeOn
========

Da Lama as a symbol of inequity

The Potola Palace and its riches from the Wikipedia:

West Chapel

This is the chapel that contains the five golden stupas. The enormous
central stupa, 14.85 metres (49 ft) high, contains the mummified body
of the Fifth Dalai Lama. This stupa is built of sandalwood and is
remarkably coated in 3,727 kg (8,200 lb) of solid gold and studded
with 18,680 pearls and semi-precious jewels.[19] On the left is the
funeral stupa for the Twelfth Dalai Lama and on the right that of the
Tenth Dalai Lama. The nearby stupa for the 13th Dalai Lama is 22
metres (72 ft) high. The stupas on both ends contain important
scriptures.

The tomb of the 13th Dalai Lama is located west of the Great West
Hall and it can only be reached from an upper floor and with the
company of a monk or a guide of the Potala. Built in 1933, the giant
stupa contains priceless jewels and one ton of solid gold.

So are you sure that Da Lama didn't haul away some of that "one ton of
solid gold" as he was on donkey back to India?

And where did these riches come from as some 80% of the Tibetans were
serfs until the CCP came?

You should think a little bit about these two questions.

Now, why did they mummify the 5th Dalai Lama instead of giving him a
"sky burial" as the feudal theocracy has preached to the faithful that
it's the way to go for their loved ones? Were the lamas thinking that
the god-king was too good to be eaten up by ravens? Consider the fact
that the 5th Dalai Lama must have lived no more than 500 or so years
ago at a time when the Europeans were already emerging from the Dark
Age, when Leonardo Da Vinci and Albert Duerer were already on the
scene leading humanity into the Renaissance, when Columbus and
Magellan were already convincing the Europeans that the idea of a flat
earth could no longer stand, the social inequity in Tibet under the
lamas was not only stark but on the rise. And it is clear that the
lamas were working hard to accumulate wealth as well as privileges.
For them to hang on to their wealth and privileges through keeping the
overwhelming serf majority ignorant and superstitious so that they
can be thoroughly controlled by the ruling class is one reason why it
was a good thing that the CCP came and liberate the people from the
feudal theocracy in Tibet. So, the lamas decided to resist or run
instead of voluntarily giving up the land to the people who work it,
even ten years after the communists took power in China? Then they
should stay away. There is no room for feudal landlords in the 21st
century, especially not in Tibet, really.

In article <d23b0928-2706-4bc1...@n36g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
Tom Jigme Wheat <thomasw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 30, 4:49�pm, acous...@panix.com (lo yeeOn) wrote:
>> In article
><0f787eaf-947a-410e-b7e6-a9b8d7710...@o14g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>> Tom Jigme Wheat �<thomaswheat1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >He used the gold dust and silver bars to set up schools for the
>> >children of the 20,000 refugees that fled with him to India.
>>
>> Da Lama can claim anything. �But he still needs to document his
>> claims. If he's clean, then he has nothing to fear. But why are
>> these children growing up to be waiters and handicraft merchants
>> after receiving their education courtesy of Da Lama's "gold dust
>> and silver bars"?
>
>You make it sound like he left with fort knox strapped to the back of
>a Tibetan Mules. As for the status of the Tibetan refugees the tibetan
>government in exile is dependent on donations to continue funding
>schools.

It is not me who came up with the story of a rich Da Lama carrying a
hoard of gold on donkey backs. First, the Wikipedia about the Potola
Palace talks a lot about the gold stupas. It also mentions this:

The tomb of the 13th Dalai Lama is located west of the Great West
Hall and it can only be reached from an upper floor and with the
company of a monk or a guide of the Potala. Built in 1933, the giant
stupa contains priceless jewels and one ton of solid gold.

So are you sure that Da Lama didn't haul away some of that "one ton of
solid gold" as he was on donkey back to India?

And another page that came up when I google Da Lama and his gold:

27-Dalai Lama, prince of peace?

Spiritual leaders of other faiths, such as countless Indian gurus,
Buddhist Lamas, and in particular the famous Dalai Lama, have been
funded by non-profit corporations of the West and have received,
since the early 1990's, a wide coverage and marketing through the
Media.

Buddhist temples, Stupas and Dharma centres, as well as Indian
Ashrams and Yoga studios are rapidly spreading everywhere. These
organizations seem to have an endless supply of money. It would take
a lot more funds than just donations from devotees to build such an
amazing network of Centres in such a short time. The hidden agenda of
such a promotion is to weaken the foundation of the Christian
stronghold of the Western world.

I have discovered that "the humble man of Peace", the Dalai Lama, is
actually very wealthy and paid by the CIA. In fact, this
non-materialist holy man is the biggest serf owner in Tibet. (Yes,
Tibet is a feudal society ruled by the Lamas). Legally, he owned the
whole country and everyone in it. In practice, his family directly
controlled 27 manors, 36 pastures, 6,170 field serfs and 102 house
slaves.

The first time he fled to India in 1950, the Dalai s advisors sent
several hundred mule-loads of gold and silver bars ahead to secure
his comfort in exile. After the second time he fled, in 1959, Peking
Review reported that his family left lots of gold and silver behind,
plus 20,331 pieces of jewelry and 14,676 pieces of clothing.

During the fighting, the Dalai Lama fled into exile. This flight is
portrayed by lamaists as a heroic, even mystical, event. But it is now
well-documented that the Dalai Lama was whisked away by a CIA covert
operation. The Dalai Lama's own autobiography admits that his cook
and radio operator on that trip were CIA agents. The CIA wanted him
outside of Tibet as a symbol for a contra-style war against the
Maoist revolution.

http://pilgrim777.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/27-dalai-lama-prince-of-peace/

>> I support "the cause of Dorje Shugden"? You're obviously so biased
>> in your blind adoration for Da Lama that you can't see that it's
>> the Tibetans who are divided by this stupid edict from Da Lama and
>> his goons.
>
>He issued the edict after they began denouncing the nyingma school of
>buddhism. Also dorje shugden supporters committed murder in dharmsala
>http://www.newsweek.com/1997/05/04/murder-in-a-monastery.html

Persecution is still persecution. Just because someone has denounced
you (even if it is true) does not give you justification to unleash
an edict to persecute him when you are in a position of power, when
you're a leader.

This is particularly bad for a monk whose own existence depends
vitally on the compassion of others.

But this is even worse when you're retaliating against someone who
once saved your life, as we mortals have been told.

If that someone were a human, you'd be called an ingrate. But if that
someone is actually some god or a saint through official canonization,
then do you really think that you can have a battle with the gods in
your human flesh and have your way?

Or are you trying to fool somebody?

You can't honestly believe that you can have your way against the
gods, unless of course you yourself actually do not believe in this
whole rotten scheme crafted in the Tibetan Buddhism that all these
deities you worship and make material contribution to through the
monasteries which "house" them can result in protection and luck for
you and your family!

For more discussion along this line, please read further comments
below.

>> It's Da Lama himself who was worshipping the Dorje and told his
>> disciples that it was Dorje Shugden who told him to flee and to
>> leave them behind. And then what happened? He denounced the Dorje!
>
>> Da Lama preaches compassion, religious freedom, democracy, dialog,
>> and tolerance.
>>
>> But he was willing to let superstition stand between his people and
>> the Buddha. He's willing to ditch the Dorje Shugden who he claimed
>> had once saved his life. He is now persecuting the popular Dorje's
>> followers. What a joke to call Da Lama a holy man and worse yet, a
>> reincarnation of the Buddha!
>>
>> The failure of Da Lama, if not that of the complicated Tibetan
>> Buddhism with its many ghosts, is now clearly why Da Lama and his
>> theocracy should have no place in a modern functioning society for
>> the Tibetans.
>
>Why would you support the cause of dorje shugden when you have already
>said Tibetan Buddhism is superstition. You are a aethist. you only say
>you support the dorje shugden cult because the CCP has funded the
>construction of their monastaries in Tibet.

Tsk, tsk! Still insist that I support the cause of Dorje Shugden, eh?

You have no ground to say that because first I have never made any
reference to this assertion even if it's true and second I simply
didn't know this at all.

But it shouldn't make any difference whether I'm providing what would
amount to moral support those who are being persecuted. Persecution
is still persecution. Just because someone has denounced you (even if
it is true) does not justify you to unleash an edict to persecute him
when you are in a position of power, when you're a leader.

This is particularly bad for a monk whose own existence depends
vitally on the compassion of others.

But this is even worse when you're retaliating against someone who
once saved your life, as we mortals have been told.

If that someone were a human, you'd be called an ingrate. But if that
someone is actually some god or a saint through official canonization,
then do you really think that you can have a battle with the gods in
your human flesh and have your way?

You can't unless of course you yourself actually do not believe in
this whole rotten scheme crafted in the Tibetan Buddhism that all
these deities you worship and make material contribution to through
the monasteries which "house" them can result in protection and luck
for you and your family!

And by the same logic, you can't retired from being a reincarnated
Buddha unless you don't believe in the rotten scheme of Da Lama being
a reincarnation of the original Buddha who lived some three thousand
years ago in the first place.

So it's all very curious to me that Da Lama of this super-complicated
religious institution should be talking about having retired from his
Da-Lamahood and denouncing a deity who had in his own words saved his
life before, unless of course Da Lama himself doesn't believe in any
of this stuff.

And if so, then Da Lama would have certainly been also fully aware of
the systematic inculcation of fear and superstition into the
rank-and-file believers by the leadership of the religious
institution. The conclusion is not pretty: Da Lama and the lamas have
committed something no less than a fraud against the masses through
exploitation of their ignorance if all this talk about Da Lama
denouncing a deity which has in his own words saved his life and Da
Lama retiring from Da-Lamahood when he's still living is true. Da
Lama and the lamas want the masses to believe in something they
themselves obviously do not! They are using the masses for political
support, to help get them back to power. How cruel!

>you only say you support the dorje shugden cult because the CCP has
>funded the construction of their monastaries in Tibet.

So, you're full of shit as usual.

It's obvious that the average Tibetan Buddhists believe in too many
ghosts or deities. But that doesn't mean that I'm an atheist which is
probably what you intended to say. But regardless of whether I am an
atheist, I can still see that something with Da Lama and the lamas is
terribly wrong!

1) It's always wrong to be divisive, especially when you're a leader
of a people who don't know a whole lot of what is going on except the
flip-flop of your edicts that they are told they must obey!

2) It's particularly wrong to be divisive when you're a leader of a
homeless people who want to go home and depend on you to lead them
home but you issue edicts which pit one group against another.

3) When you flip-flop on what's right and what's wrong, people
question your authority, your sincerity, your integrity in general.

4) You're an ingrate when you denounce your savior when you no longer
need him.

5) When one preaches compassion, religious freedom, democracy, dialog,
tolerance, and practices the opposite to all these, one is a hypocrite
and a phony.

6) People tend to sympathesize with those who are beaten down. The
Shugden followers are in a bad state. People don't have to love Da
Lama's enemy in order to feel for poor guys he is persecuting. This
is particularly relevant when Da Lama is telling the world to extend
its sympathy toward him and "his people".

How can Da Lama be so mean when he preaches compassion, religious
freedom, democracy, dialog, tolerance!

Of course, anyone with a brain who is kept informed, knows that Da
Lama has a different master than the Buddha.

Da Lama is a stooge for the US government. He allows himself to be
used for the latter's subversive agenda.

He doesn't care about the Palestinian people and doesn't speak out for
their plight. He doesn't condemn the warmongers who plunge the world
into chaos. He didn't speak out when he could and stood by while
hundreds of thousands perished in Iraq. He continues to remain silent
so that scores of Afghans and Pakistanis continue to be killed daily.
When you have someone so ludicrously insensitive and disingenuous, you
don't have like the CCP to dislike this person. And just because this
person turns out to be a jackal wearing a sheep's clothing and calls
himself a living Bhudda does not change the story. Da Lama is still
despicable.

I'm not an atheist. Nor do I support the "Shugden cause".

It's just that when you see Da Lama willing to let superstition stand
between his people and the Buddha, you say it doesn't make any sense.

I thought to myself:

He's willing to ditch the Dorje Shugden who he claimed had once saved
him. He is now persecuting the popular Dorje's followers. What a joke
to call Da Lama a holy man and even worse, a reincarnated Buddha!

I have enough religious experience to tell a good religious person
from a phony one.

One of Jesus' greatest teachings is: you care for the smallest, the
weakest, the least protected, then you're doing God's work.

In sharp contrast to Tibetan Buddhism in which authority emanates out
in accordance to a strict hierarchy, in which everything has a strict
pecking order like Confucianism which ailed China for thousands of
years until the communists took over China in the middle half of the
last century, Jesus taught egalitarianism where he walked the shore of
the Sea of Galilee among fishermen and broke bread with all kinds of
common people the upper echelon of the Jews despised, including lepers
and prostitutes. Same way with the man who had prepared Jesus' way
but felt that he wasn't nearly good enough to do so: John the Baptist.

It was for John the Baptist's criticism of the inequity that existed
in Judea then which aroused Herodias' blood lust enough to make her
want John dead. And so he commanded her daughter Salome to ask her
stepfather Herod the Great to deliver John's head on a silver platter
to her, after an intoxicating performance Salome had given before the
ruler and his guests, which probably included Aulus Vitellius, the
future Roman Emperor (see Gustave Flaubert's story Herodias about
Vitellius).

Da Lama is a symbol of inequity. Who would have a summer palace in
addition to the 1,000-room palace in Lhasa? Who would have been so
insensitive to ban the Shugden followers among his Tibetan flock?

The failure of Da Lama, if not that of the complicated Tibetan
Buddhism with its many ghosts, is now clearly why Da Lama and his
theocracy should have no place in a modern functioning society for the
Tibetans.

Da Lama and the lamas belong to the past, just as the Confucianists
who had ruled China for centuries and were buried a few decades ago.

lo yeeOn
========

Da Lama lost because he did not "lead his people"!

Continuation of what Da Lama allegedly wrote back in 1993 in
Washington, D.C., on Buddhism and Democracy.

bmo...@nyx.net

Feb 9, 2011, 12:37:58 AM2/9/11
On Feb 8, 12:16 pm, Peter Terpstra (獅心彼得) <lionhe...@dharma.dyn-o-
> overpopulation, dwindling natural ...
>
> read more »

Thanks, nice words. It boggles the mind that so many here don't hear
the simple clarity in them.

rst0wxyz

Feb 9, 2011, 9:35:08 AM2/9/11
Peter the Tibetan Clown is nothing but a China basher.

Buddhism and Democracy are mutually exclusive. Any form of religious
activities can not be "democratic" because they all follow a set rule.

lo yeeOn

Feb 9, 2011, 4:03:19 PM2/9/11
In article <ed7b8b70-d62b-4e6c...@n16g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
>> read more . . .

[see insertion here for the rest of Da Lama's bullshit in the interest
of completion]

>16. As we approach the end of the twentieth century, we find that the
>world has grown smaller and the world's
>people have become almost one community. We are also being drawn
>together by the grave problems we face:

B. Moore's comments:

>Thanks, nice words. It boggles the mind that so many here don't hear
>the simple clarity in them.

The problem are manifold. The problem is the speaker. The problem is
his truthfulness. The problem is also whether the listener listens
with a brain glued to the ears and with an awareness of history, of
what has happened. For this reason, it's worth re-examining my latest
critique which I have attached below.

In simple terms, Da Lama lost because he did not "lead his people"!

lo yeeOn
========

>Buddhism and Democracy
>
>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

of left and right, eh?

I thought the opposite was true! Recall that the Free World leader,

aka George W Bush, told us that we couldn't afford to wait:

We had to kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in order to liberate
their mothers and fathers!

We had to leave a million orphans who would never see their Mom and
Dad again in order to grow up free!

We had to destroy Fallujah as the fascist dictator Francisco Franco
and his Nazi Luftwaffe buddies destroyed Guernica and turn Iraq into
a land of cancer patients like we had done to Hiroshima and Nagasaki!

We had to go bankrupt at the rate of a trillion USD a year to finance
this Iraq war (which is still continuing) in order to keep the Free
World free!

I thought the Nobel Peace guy Liu Xiaobo had such a great insight into
the struggle for democracy that he unreservedly glorified G W Bush's

massive slaughter and destruction and advised us thus:

the deception so frequently found in his speech. He thought he could
fool people every time he chose to do so. But there is so much out

there about the history of Tibet which always puts him in context: a
lying wandering monk who once lived the life of a king and who now

works as a stooge for those who harbor harmful agendas toward China,
and therefore the Chinese people.

Nobulingka, golden stupas, the previleges and indulgence of this
deceiving monks: Da Lama and his lamas.

Da Lama lost because he did not "lead his people"!

lo yeeOn
========

lo yeeOn
========

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbulingka

. . .

the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai

lo yeeOn

Feb 9, 2011, 4:23:15 PM2/9/11
In article <8432986.6WiZsEGxfJ@Dharma>,
Peter Terpstra (� � 彼� ) <lion...@dharma.dyn-o-saur.com> wrote:
>Buddhism and Democracy
>
>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

lo yeeOn
========

Such a bogus claim: "social mobility" Of course, if you win a lotto,
you also have social mobility! You or your "sources" are grasping at

straws to confuse the individual with the society and to attempt to
establish an estimate about the masses from a set with zero measure.

"Social mobility" in a feudal society is an oxymoron, i.e., a
contradiction in terms.

Tibet under Da Lama and before the CCP came was nothing but a feudal
society built on and surrounded by an elaborate iron-clad framework of
religious deceptions and penalties.

lo yeeOn
========

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbulingka

. . .

the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai

And,

lo yeeOn
========

West Chapel

http://pilgrim777.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/27-dalai-lama-prince-of-peace/

I thought to myself:

lo yeeOn
========

Continuation of what Da Lama allegedly wrote back in 1993 in

Washington, D.C., on Buddhism and Democracy.

>2. Although none of our Buddhist societies developed anything like

lo yeeOn

Feb 10, 2011, 11:07:06 PM2/10/11
>> read more . . .

[see insertion here for the rest of Da Lama's bullshit in the interests
of completeness.]

>16. As we approach the end of the twentieth century, we find that the
>world has grown smaller and the world's
>people have become almost one community. We are also being drawn
>together by the grave problems we face:

B. Moore's comments:

>Thanks, nice words. It boggles the mind that so many here don't hear
>the simple clarity in them.

The problems are manifold. The problem is the speaker. The problem

is his truthfulness. The problem is also whether the listener listens
with a brain glued to the ears and with an awareness of history, of
what has happened. For this reason, it's worth re-examining my latest
critique which I have attached below.

In simple terms, Da Lama lost because he did not "lead his people"!

lo yeeOn
========

>Buddhism and Democracy
>
>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

Likewise, the founding of the People's Republic of China did away with

And Da Lama forget that he and his predecessor were so blind in their

pursuit of materialistic goals that they forgot their people, they
exploited the human capital, they built and built more and more
structures at their Nobulingka summer Palace for their own personal
consumption, that their people's welfare was neglected, their future
put in doubt.

This article, if written by Da Lama, way back in 1993, shows once more
the deception so frequently found in his speech. He thought he could
fool people every time he chose to do so. But there is so much out
there about the history of Tibet which always puts him in context: a
lying wandering monk who once lived the life of a king and who now
works as a stooge for those who harbor harmful agendas toward China,
and therefore the Chinese people.

Nobulingka, golden stupas, the previleges and indulgence of this
deceiving monks: Da Lama and his lamas.

Da Lama lost because he did not "lead his people"!

lo yeeOn
========

>> Subject: Golden stupas, the Mummy in Potola, and Da Lama: symbol of inequity

Such a bogus claim: "social mobility". Of course, if you win a lotto,
you also have social mobility. You or your "sources" are grasping at

straws to confuse the individual with the society and to attempt to
establish an estimate about the masses from a set with zero measure.

It is also a testament of the duplicity of the lamas to have invented

lo yeeOn
========

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbulingka

. . .

the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai

lo yeeOn

Feb 10, 2011, 11:20:05 PM2/10/11
In article <8432986.6WiZsEGxfJ@Dharma>,
Peter Terpstra (� � 彼� ) <lion...@dharma.dyn-o-saur.com> wrote:
>Buddhism and Democracy
>
>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

Nobulingka, golden stupas are monuments to the iniquity, privilege and
indulgence of these deceiving monks: Da Lama and his lamas, and their
predecessors.

lo yeeOn
========

Such a bogus claim: "social mobility" Of course, if you win a lotto,
you also have social mobility! You or your "sources" are grasping at

straws to confuse the individual with the society and to attempt to
establish an estimate about the masses from a set with zero measure.

"Social mobility" in a feudal society is an oxymoron, i.e., a
contradiction in terms.

Tibet under Da Lama and before the CCP came was nothing but a feudal
society built on and surrounded by an elaborate iron-clad framework of
religious deceptions and penalties.

It is also a testament of the duplicity of the lamas to have invented

lo yeeOn
========

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbulingka

. . .

the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai

And,

lo yeeOn
========

West Chapel

http://pilgrim777.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/27-dalai-lama-prince-of-peace/

I thought to myself:

lo yeeOn
========

Continuation of what Da Lama allegedly wrote back in 1993 in

Washington, D.C., on Buddhism and Democracy.

>2. Although none of our Buddhist societies developed anything like

lo yeeOn

Feb 10, 2011, 11:27:52 PM2/10/11
>> read more . . .

[see insertion here for the rest of Da Lama's bullshit in the interests
of completeness.]

>16. As we approach the end of the twentieth century, we find that the

>world has grown smaller and the world's
>people have become almost one community. We are also being drawn
>together by the grave problems we face:

B. Moore's comments:

>Thanks, nice words. It boggles the mind that so many here don't hear
>the simple clarity in them.

The problems are manifold. The problem is the speaker. The problem

is his truthfulness. The problem is also whether the listener listens
with a brain glued to the ears and with an awareness of history, of
what has happened. For this reason, it's worth re-examining my latest
critique which I have attached below.

In simple terms, Da Lama lost because he did not "lead his people"!

lo yeeOn
========

>Buddhism and Democracy

>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

Nobulingka and the golden stupas are monuments to the iniquity,

lo yeeOn
========

Such a bogus claim: "social mobility". Of course, if you win a lotto,
you also have social mobility. You or your "sources" are grasping at

straws to confuse the individual with the society and to attempt to
establish an estimate about the masses from a set with zero measure.

It is also a testament of the duplicity of the lamas to have invented

lo yeeOn
========

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbulingka

. . .

the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai

lo yeeOn

Feb 11, 2011, 3:08:37 AM2/11/11
In article <8432986.6WiZsEGxfJ@Dharma>,
Peter Terpstra (� � 彼� ) <lion...@dharma.dyn-o-saur.com> wrote:
>Buddhism and Democracy
>
>Washington, D.C., April 1993
>
>1. For thousands of years people have been led to believe that only an
>authoritarian organization employing
>rigid disciplinary methods could govern human society. However, because
>people have an innate desire for
>freedom, the forces of liberty and oppression have been in continuous
>conflict throughout history. Today, it
>is clear which is winning. The emergence of peoples' power movements,
>overthrowing dictatorships of left
>and right, has shown indisputably that the human race can neither
>tolerate nor function properly under tyranny.

The emergence of peoples' power movements, overthrowing dictatorships

they never worked and which was transferred to the serfs and commoners
who worked it.

You see, even as late as 1950, Da Lama was still keeping 70-80% of the
Tibetan people enslaved and illiterate while occupying himself with
seeing western movies in his oversized summer Nobulingka palace. You
see, the institutionalized Buddhists in Tibet never got it because the
one who they believed to possess a "complete knowledge" about whatever
they believe matters never got it either.

He didn't know that he had to give up power over the Tibetans, either

voluntarily or involuntarily. He thought he could wine and dine Mao,

the leader of a people's movement which had just seized power, into
letting him hold on to the power and the land in Tibet.

But Da Lama never learned anything when he had a chance. So, he went
to consult an oracle who in her epileptic state assured Da Lama that
the good and popular Dorje Shugden told him to flee, all the way to
India.

Since then, Da Lama and his lamas have been wandering the earth lying
and trying to do some cheap and ineffectual subversive work on behalf
of his western masters.

Of course, these so-called Buddhists are busy seizing the latest news
and hope to generate some noise for their western masters. But they
forget that their top western benefactor has been funding this Mubarak
baby for decades at a price of billions a year to keep the people in
the North East corner of Africa under the thumb of dictatorial rule.

In other words, Mubarak's western patrons didn't give Mubarak the
money to ensure that there was democracy in Egypt. They give him the
money with a military package attached. That military package is what
has made Mubarak so powerful in pressing his people down.

So, if these same western patrons are going to fund billions a year to
these opportunistic Buddhists, there can be no mistake that the latter
will have a lot of guns to ensure that the lowly, illiterate, and
disempowered Tibetans will remain pressed down, just as the Egyptians
have been pressed down for the last thirty years.

And of course these same Buddhists are hoping that you have forgotten
that they themselves have been a bunch of lying dictators. Patrick

French, a strong former supporter of Da Lama and the Free Tibet
movement, told the world that these lamas were lying through their

teeth and that a glimmer of hope for their aspiration that once

existed is now extinguished because of their dishonesty.

And Da Lama forgets that he and his predecessor were so blind in their

pursuit of materialistic goals that they forgot their people, they
exploited the human capital, they built and built more and more
structures at their Nobulingka summer Palace for their own personal
consumption, that their people's welfare was neglected, their future
put in doubt.

This article, if written by Da Lama, way back in 1993, shows once more
the deception so frequently found in his speech. He thought he could
fool people every time he chose to do so. But there is so much out
there about the history of Tibet which always puts him in context: a
lying wandering monk who once lived the life of a king and who now
works as a stooge for those who harbor harmful agendas toward China,
and therefore the Chinese people.

Nobulingka and golden stupas are monuments to the iniquity, privilege

lo yeeOn
========

Such a bogus claim: "social mobility" Of course, if you win a lotto,
you also have social mobility! You or your "sources" are grasping at

straws to confuse the individual with the society and to attempt to
establish an estimate about the masses from a set with zero measure.

"Social mobility" in a feudal society is an oxymoron, i.e., a
contradiction in terms.

Tibet under Da Lama and before the CCP came was nothing but a feudal
society built on and surrounded by an elaborate iron-clad framework of
religious deceptions and penalties.

It is also a testament of the duplicity of the lamas to have invented

lo yeeOn
========

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbulingka

. . .

the current Da Lama as a boy to exploit his people, was it?

Now look at this:

When construction of the palace was started (during the 7th Dalai

And,

lo yeeOn
========

West Chapel

http://pilgrim777.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/27-dalai-lama-prince-of-peace/

I thought to myself:

lo yeeOn
========

Continuation of what Da Lama allegedly wrote back in 1993 in

Washington, D.C., on Buddhism and Democracy.

>2. Although none of our Buddhist societies developed anything like

lo yeeOn

Feb 11, 2011, 3:13:04 AM2/11/11