Can you help identify this building probably in Lebanon , from old painting

kangarooistan

Aug 10, 2009, 10:01:36 PM8/10/09
In the early1990s I rented an old house , and discovered it had a
concealed cellar similar to the one recently found in Europe

Its clear children were kept in this cellar

I found this double sided painting in the cellar
http://picasaweb.google.com/kangarooistan9

, it may be totally unrelated to the owner or use and the painters
may be different again , but Im still not quite sure about the
building ,

it does not quite match anything I can find ,

yet other detail in the paintings is exact to a surprising amount of
detail

Im interested to know the significance if any , of the building seen
in the picture

Can you help identify it ,

I note about the time I discovered the painting much RECONSTRUCTION
was being planned in Lebanon and it MAY be a planned or symbolic
building , its of huge size , 8 feet x 3 feet , perhaps used for fund
raising ? , for reconstruction after civil war perhaps, not an actual
building but a proposed one , artists impression ? ???

I list my online search to save time, with similar looking buildings I
have located , it almost certainly in Lebanon and almost certainly
connected to DRUZE , who worship in Muslim Mosques in the region ,its
certainly looks like a Mosque , but the other items in the paintings
identify a DRUZE origin as they believe in Egyptology type
reincarnation carried forward from ancient Egypt

The reverse side has lots of Ancient Egyptology stuff that can be
interpreted

This document is published on the web.
Your document is publicly viewable at:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcgk9t7p_100gcgv5rwv

The images of both sides are online if you know about ancient Egypt
http://picasaweb.google.com/kangarooistan9

kanga
======

kangarooistan

Aug 11, 2009, 10:58:33 AM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 11:01 am, kangarooistan <kangarooist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the early1990s I rented an old house , and discovered it had a
> concealed cellar similar to the one recently found in Europe
>
> Its clear children were kept in this cellar
>
> I found this double sided painting in the cellarhttp://picasaweb.google.com/kangarooistan9

> On Aug 10, 8:23 pm, kangarooistan <kangarooist...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 10, 7:23 pm, m-e-d-a-w-...@panix.com (BM) wrote:
> > Hi bassem
> > Try again mate

> YEP the link works better now

> > > The link that you posted has many images. The mosque and church in the
> > > same picture are in downtown beirut. Not clear which picture you are
> > > asking to ID. Please post a link to pic.

> > Sorry mate

> > I had the image at the top but it seems to have been lost

> > i will try and repost ASAP

> > Try again now , Ill make sure it does infact come up properly

> > Seems possible somebody does not want this image online as they attack
> > it at every opportunity for over 15 years since I first found it

> > BUT they waste their time as its eventually going to be in so many
> > places they may as well give up

> > > bassem

> > It may be the Mosque seen in Mount Lebanon province ????

> This document is published on the web.
> Your document is publicly viewable at:
> http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcgk9t7p_100gcgv5rwv

> The images of both sides are online if you know about ancient Egypthttp://picasaweb.google.com/kangarooistan9

I google searched Al Amin mosque

Mohammad Al-Amin Mosque
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The Mohammad Al Amin Mosque.
The Mohammad Al Amin Mosque in 2005 behind the shrine of Rafik Hariri,
during its construction.

The Mohammad Al-Amin Mosque is a Sunni mosque located in Martyrs'
Square in downtown Beirut, Lebanon. It was built between 2002 and 2007
by the former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, who was buried
beside it.

It was inaugurated by his son Saad Hariri on October 17, 2008.

YES mate its almost CERTAINLY the same BUT I found the painting in
South Australia in the EARLY 1990s over 15 years ago , it CAN NOT be
the same , unless its a replacement???

2004 under construction has ROUND arches ???
http://www.archnet.org/library/images/one-image-large.jsp?location_id...

I had noted the pointy arches seen in painting but not so clear in the
picture

BUT on closer examination from several angles they ARE POINTY arches
AND more and more close to the painting , even the pointy " spike" on
top of the dome changes shape from different angles

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/2389490272_7584d0cee2.jpg?v=0

From another side of Al Amin Mosque but with similar bushes seen in
painting
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Al%20Amin%20mosque%20beirut/beirut...