David Horowitz - A Dangerous Communist Jew Outlaw Who Hates America - He Want You To Die In His Civil War

1 view

First-Post

Mar 27, 2017, 11:00:55 PM3/27/17
David Joel Horowitz (born January 10, 1939 in Forest Hills,
N.Y.) runs the David Horowitz Freedom Center, formerly named
the Center for the Study of Popular Culture, and the online
magazine FrontPageMag.com. He is listed as one of America's
most dangerous hatemongers.[1]

Contents

Background

Horowitz is the son of two Jewish-American Communist Party
members, causing him to start out radical, but he began to veer
to the right later in life. He was educated at Columbia
University and the University of California at
Berkeley.[citation needed]

Horowitz was an activist in the New Left movement in the 1960s
and claims to have been "a lifelong civil rights activist".
From 1969 to 1975 he was editor of an anti-Vietnam war magazine
Ramparts. However, currently, Horowitz is known to side with
corporate interests and conservative ideals, and is best
described as a neo-con. He is now a "lapsed leftist" [1]. In
the 1990s, Horowitz hosted several Second Thinkers conferences
where ex-leftists who recanted or underwent epiphanies could
network with fellow travelers. Several of these second thinkers
are now neo-cons. Christopher Hitchens was a regular
participant at these conferences, and today co-organizes events
with Horowitz, e.g., tour of the UK where he features as a
speaker [2].

David Horowitz was a speaker at the 2003 Conservative Political
Action Conference, which reads as a who's-who of the
conservative and neo-conservative movement.

Horowitz also created a now-defunct nonprofit campaign finance
527 advocacy organization known as PoliticalWar.com Inc. prior
to the 2002 election cycle.

He is currently pushing to "expose" the The Leftist Campaign to
Control America's Young Minds and is promoting a nationwide
boycott of "old" Europe goods as a protest against French,
German and Belgian opposition to the U.S. war in Iraq. Horowitz
also publishes a regular column in Salon.com, and is a regular
pundit on right-wing shows.

In his Marxist days, Horowitz authored several books including
Free World Colossus, Corporations and the Cold War, Empire and
Revolution, Marx and Modern Economics, Shakespeare: An
Existential View and The Fate of Midas, which he has
subsequently repudiated. He has subsequently collaborated with
Peter Collier on several biographies of famous American
families, including The Rockefellers: An American Dynasty, The
Kennedys: An American Drama, and The Fords: An American Epic.
His recent books include Radical Son (an autobiography), Hating
Whitey and Other Progressive Causes, Why I'm Not a Liberal, The
Feminist Assault on the Military, Noam Chomsky's Jihad Against
America, Liberal Racism, and How the Left Undermined America's
Security.

In a December 10, 2004 article for FrontPage magazine, Horowitz
branded SourceWatch a 'smear site'. He included other sites
such as Media Matters for America, NameBase, and Southern
Poverty Law Center in the accusation. [3]

Horowitz's latest project is Students for Academic Freedom
which is trying to make college campuses more conservative. He
speaks around the country about "leftist control" of hiring
committees and promotes his own Academic Bill of Rights as part
of the solution. He has also suggested starting departments of
"Conservative Studies", thus allowing students to choose which
point of view they'd like to get. Criticism from the left

Fred Gardner, a contemporary of Horowitz's during his Ramparts
days, described his political transition from the left to the
right in 1991:

The phone rings and a guy in my office says, "It's David
Horowitz." I haven't spoken to David Horowitz since the end
of the '60s, when we both worked at Ramparts. Since then,
with another former Ramparts editor, Peter Collier, this
little creep has written a series of best-selling portraits
of ruling class families--The Rockefellers, The Fords, The
Kennedys--and boasted in print about voting for Ronald
Reagan. Horowitz and Collier say they once believed
fervently in left causes and institutions (from the Soviet
Union to the Black Panther Party), and when they discovered
these institutions to be corrupt and murderous they had to
denounce them and come out for the other side.

There are many flaws in this "logic." For openers, there
aren't just two sides in this world (the fake left and the
cruel right). And sure it's demoralizing to learn that the
party that supposedly stands for equality is run by
opportunists and actually stands for privilege. But that
wouldn't lead a real radical to endorse the all-out pursuit
of privilege. It should lead you to call for a movement
that's serious about establishing equality. Horowitz and
Collier were never radicals for a minute. Their goal was
and is personal success. It's no coincidence that they were
"left" in the '60s and "right" in the '80s. [2]

See Robert Jensen, "Dangerous" Academics: Right-wing
Distortions About Leftist Professors, CommonDreams.org,
February 7, 2006; Free Exchange on Campus (in particular, see
their report "Facts Count: An Analysis of David Horowitz's The
Professors", May 2006). Slavery "Debate"

David Horowitz’ book Uncivil Wars: The Controversy Over
Reparations for Slavery (Encounter Books, 2002) caused a stir
when it was first published. The contetns of this book were
thoroughly rebutted in 2008 by Paul Anthony Dottin, in his
article "The Hydra of Horowitzian History: The Mobilization of
Scholarship against Black Reparations," Du Bois Review, 5:1
(2008) 161–198. Horowitz Confessed to Treason

Horowitz has openly admitted he committed treason against the
United States. He confessed in an article written by him and
published in his own online zine, FrontPage, on October 3,
2000. In the article, titled "The Wen Ho Lee Cover-Up",
Horowitz claimed that Wen Ho Lee was guilty of espionage, but
the government decined to press charges because of the damage
it would do to the inteligence services and William Clinton's
presidential legacy. As anecdotal evidence to back-up this
claim, he describes his own premeditated actions that violated
the U.S. Espionage code in 1972, for which was never
prosecuted.

Ramparts, a magazine he was editor of, had acquired classified
intelligence information from a former NSA operative and had
published it, eventhough one of their own staffers, who had
formerly served in Army Intelligence, had judged the
information to be truthful, and refused to work on the story,
and Horowitz knew this prior to the publication of the Ramparts
story. Horowitz also sought the advice of a prominent
Constitutional scholar before publishing it, who had explained
to him the best methods of avoiding prosecution for this act of
treason. Discover the Network

On February 15, 2005, Horowitz launched DiscoverTheNetwork, a
website dedictated to tracking "leftists". It brings the
Campus-Watch formula to the wider political arena. In the About
Us section of the new website:

a "Guide to the Political Left." It identifies the
individuals and organizations that make up the left and
also the institutions that fund and sustain it; it maps the
paths through which the left exerts its influence on the
larger body politic; it defines the left's (often hidden)
programmatic agendas and it provides an understanding of
its history and ideas.[4]

Challenging academic freedom in the name of students' rights

Horowitz’s latest crusade is that for so-called "academic
freedom." Seeing colleges and universities as the last bastion
of "liberal indoctrination," he authored an Academic Bill of
Rights that would act to restore "balance" to higher education
by eradicating "political indoctrination in the classroom and
the exclusion of conservatives from college faculties." The
Academic Bill of Rights’ carefully "bipartisan" language is
meant to maintain that it does not favor one side over another,
but aims for the exploration of a plurality of ideas in the
classroom. It directly promotes equal treatment of students and
consideration of faculty for hiring and tenure "not on the
basis of political or religious beliefs." However, mentions of
course curriculums, reading lists, and private meetings in
which hiring and tenure positions are discussed lead some to
wonder how the bill will be enforced and how much state
intervention it would entail.

Students for Academic Freedom, an organization founded by
Horowitz (not students) in 2003, has become the platform for
launching the Academic Freedom campaign as well as ABOR. SAF
has set up over 150 chapters on campuses across the country to
promote the "intellectual diversity" agenda. Members are
encouraged to contact their state legislators petitioning them
to advocate for and pass ABOR.

Horowitz says he saw the need for such a bill of rights after
he had heard many complaints from students (most of whom were
conservative) that they had received unfair treatment from
(liberal) professors. The case of a University of Northern
Colorado student who had received a failing grade on a paper
that reportedly refused to address the question of "Why
President Bush is a war criminal?" became the paradigmatic
statement on liberal indoctrination in college classrooms.
However, [Frontpagemag.com], Horowitz’s online magazine and his
own reporting misconstrued the question and the university’s
response to the complaint; when his doctoring of the facts came
out, he justified the incident stating "some of our facts were
wrong; our point was right."[5]

This endeavor has been criticized by Prof. Juan Cole, who
warned that college professors would not take kindly to such
infringements on academic freedom:

Rep. Dennis Baxley, R-Ocala, has introduced a
Horowitz-inspired so-called Academic Freedom Bill of Rights
in the Florida State legislature. In our Orwellian world,
this is actually a bill to destroy academic freedom and
take away rights of free speech on campus. Baxley is a
funeral director, and apparently he wants to bury higher
education in this country along with his other clients.

"The bill sets a statewide standard that students
cannot be punished for professing beliefs with which
their professors disagree. Professors would also be
advised to teach alternative “serious academic
theories” that may disagree with their personal views.

According to a legislative staff analysis of the bill,
the law would give students who think their beliefs are
not being respected legal standing to sue professors
and universities.

Students who believe their professor is singling them
out for “public ridicule” – for instance, when
professors use the Socratic method to force students to
explain their theories in class – would also be given
the right to sue.

“Some professors say, ‘Evolution is a fact. I don’t
want to hear about Intelligent Design (a creationist
theory), and if you don’t like it, there’s the door,’”
Baxley said, citing one example when he thought a
student should sue."

Let me explain some things to Representative Baxley, and to
do so I suggest we look at how well he is doing his job...
I wonder if Baxley has done anything lately for the 18
percent of his constituents who are doomed to live below
the poverty line? Or, indeed, has he provided jobs and
income to his hardworking constituents. If I were them, I'd
find a state representative who would work hard to lift
people out of their difficult circumstances, instead of one
who seems to want to keep people mired in ignorance and
poverty.

So if Baxley, who desperately needed to take Biology 101 at
Florida State (which should consider revoking his BA),
succeeded in his little ploy, what will likely ensue?

If I were Baxley I wouldn't stand anywhere near I-95 north
of Gainesville, since he's likely to get run over by the
rush of professors fleeing the state at 95 miles an hour.
Post-secondary teachers already suffer from low salaries
and poor working conditions compared to their peers who go
into the professions. The only trade-off they get is that
academics have more control over their lives and the time
to research and teach things they are interested in. Given
a choice between being made Baxley's slaves and braving
hurricanes in Florida or living in a state that respects
its thinkers, Florida's educators will pour out of the
state faster than a 'gator chasing a fat, balding funeral
director through the swamps.

Baxley may be happier without any of those intell-Ec-tu-al
riffraff cluttering up his state. But maybe his
constituents won't be. Knowledge workers, you see, are the
geese that lay the golden eggs. Post-secondary teachers are
the ones who train the people who found computer software,
biotechnology and other companies key to the twenty-first
century economy. They also train society's managers and
middle managers. The more high-powered academics you have
in your state, the wealthier your state will be...

You wonder if educators should let a thing like this be
forgotten, or just lie down and let themselves be walked
all over by paleontologically-challenged funeral directors.
[3]

Exaggeration of assistance to FBI

Under the banner of his David Horowitz Freedom Center, Horowitz
sent out an email in August 2007 claiming:

One strong measurement of the effect we're having (and the
need for what we do) came in the form of request from the
head the FBI-California Highway Patrol Joint
Counter-terrorism Task Force who called this week to ask if
their group could use our flash video "What Every American
Needs to Know About Jihad" as a training film. [4]

Historian and author Rick Perlstein tracked down a statement by
the task force that denied Horowtiz's claim:

I can assure you the California Highway Patrol's head of
the FBI-California Highway Patrol, Joint Terrorism Task
Force did not request a copy of the video. While an
employee of this Department did request a copy, the video
was not used nor will it be used for training purposes. [5]