Source Document: The Declaration of Independence

vallor

Jun 6, 2020, 8:34:10 AM6/6/20
In the United States, we do not tolerate kings.

And never forget the resolve of the luminous human beings who signed this
document:

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance
on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to
each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Here is the source document for our U.S. Constitution:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of
America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one
people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them
with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the
separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of
Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of
mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel
them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are
created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with
certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty
and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights,
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers
from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of
Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of
the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new
Government, laying its foundation on such principles and
organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most
likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed,
will dictate that Governments long established should not be
changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all
experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer,
while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by
abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a
long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the
same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute
Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off
such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future
security.–Such has been the patient sufferance of these
Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to
alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the
present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries
and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment
of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let
Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and
necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and
pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till
his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has
utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large
districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the
right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable
to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual,
uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public
Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance
with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing
with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to
cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers,
incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large
for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed
to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions
within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States;
for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of
Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their
migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new
Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his
Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure
of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither
swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their
substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without
the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and
superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction
foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws;
giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any
Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these
States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended
offences

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring
Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and
enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example
and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into
these Colonies:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws,
and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves
invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his
Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns,
and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign
Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and
tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy
scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally
unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high
Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the
executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall
themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has
endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the
merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an
undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for
Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have
been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character
is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit
to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren.
We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their
legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We
have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and
settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and
magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common
kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably
interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been
deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must,
therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our
Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind,
Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of
America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the
Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions,
do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these
Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United
Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent
States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the
British Crown, and that all political connection between them
and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally
dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have
full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances,
establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which
Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this
Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine
Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our
Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

The 56 signatures on the Declaration appear in the positions
indicated:

Georgia: Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

North Carolina: William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina: Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas
Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Massachusetts: John Hancock

Maryland: Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles
Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia: George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson,
Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee,
Carter Braxton

Pennsylvania: Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin,
John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James
Wilson, George Ross

Delaware: Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

New York: William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis
Morris

New Jersey: Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis
Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

New Hampshire: Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple

Massachusetts: Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine,
Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island: Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut: Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams,
Oliver Wolcott

New Hampshire: Matthew Thornton

--
-v
"The Allwise Creator hath been dishonored by being made the author of

bigdog

Jun 6, 2020, 8:37:51 AM6/6/20
On Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 8:34:10 AM UTC-4, vallor wrote:
> In the United States, we do not tolerate kings.
>
> And never forget the resolve of the luminous human beings who signed this
> document:
>
> "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance
> on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to
> each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
>
> Here is the source document for our U.S. Constitution:

The DOI was not a source document for the Constitution. The DOI was the mission statement for 13 colonies who united against Great Britain. The Constitution was
the blueprint for the new republic whereby those same 13 colonies agreed to band
together to form a nation.

Checkmate

Jun 6, 2020, 3:14:38 PM6/6/20
Checkmate.

On 6 Jun 2020 12:34:09 GMT vallor put forth the following notion, which
was duly noted and recorded:

> In the United States, we do not tolerate kings.

Off topic.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2020

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller
Inventor of the "SPANKY-SPANKY! (tm)
and the "Dance for me" lame.

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

vallor

Jun 6, 2020, 7:00:05 PM6/6/20
Would you believe "the checkmate" (spit) actually snipped _The Declaration
of Independence_!!??

He must have something against it -- wonder what _that_ could be?

Interesting...

--
-v

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jun 6, 2020, 7:32:53 PM6/6/20
Scott Doty wrote:
> "the checkmate" (spit) actually snipped
> _The Declaration of Independence_ !! ??

I stopped reading it at:

the separate and equal station
to which the Laws of Nature and
of Nature’s God entitle them,

"Nature’s God" ?!

"God" is nature, nothing more, nothing less.

%

Jun 6, 2020, 7:42:38 PM6/6/20
that's where i started writing

vallor

Jun 6, 2020, 8:05:01 PM6/6/20
On Sat, 06 Jun 2020 17:41:20 -0600, Skeeter wrote:
> He sure got under your skin didn't he? LOLOL

Slurp slurp slurp.

--
-v

mixed nuts

Jun 6, 2020, 11:17:23 PM6/6/20
On 6/6/2020 3:14 PM, Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate.
> On 6 Jun 2020 12:34:09 GMT vallor put forth the following notion, which
> was duly noted and recorded:
>
>> In the United States, we do not tolerate kings.
>>
> Off topic.

Kings are important. They have divine rights. Many people do not like it
when kings assert their divine rights and take away your freedoms
through treachery and stupid failing king ideas. That stuff is always
on topic.

--
Grizzly H.

mixed nuts

Jun 7, 2020, 12:07:34 AM6/7/20
On 6/6/2020 7:41 PM, Skeeter wrote:
> On 6 Jun 2020 23:00:03 GMT, vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:
> He sure got under your skin didn't he? LOLOL

rerun

--
Grizzly H.

Janithor

Jun 7, 2020, 12:11:58 AM6/7/20
x-no-archive: yes
lol, he forgot to mention taco bowls and Jesus though

Sn!pe

Jun 7, 2020, 4:02:33 AM6/7/20
Skeeter <Sc...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

[~240 lines snipped]

> >> He sure got under your skin didn't he? LOLOL
> >
> >Slurp slurp slurp.
>
> Hey Checky, looks like we got this one trained.

I'm glad vallor included ~240 lines of context when he poasted
"Slurp, slurp, slurp"; otherwise I wouldn't have known what
he was talking about.

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Sir Gaygory's Owner's Owner 🐶笛

Jun 7, 2020, 4:04:39 AM6/7/20
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 09:02:32 +0100, LO AND BEHOLD; snip...@gmail.com
(Sn!pe) determined that the following was of great importance and
subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<1orme95.1753psp10kvumN%snip...@gmail.com>:

✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ Skeeter <Sc...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ [~240 lines snipped]
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ He sure got under your skin didn't he? LOLOL
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ Slurp slurp slurp.
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ Hey Checky, looks like we got this one trained.
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ I'm glad vallor included ~240 lines of context when he poasted "Slurp,
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ slurp, slurp"; otherwise I wouldn't have known what he was talking
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ about.
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡

what about one line of snark:

SNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARKSNARK

?

"nads" won't comment on this poast...

--
[THIS POAST HAS PASSED TRIMCHECK® VALIDATION]

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this
seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer,
and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an
end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell
everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized
country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become
like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously
unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic
terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie
terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what
they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by
keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <Lunatic...@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <MPG.32c5bfef...@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007

Siri Cruise

Jun 7, 2020, 5:26:58 AM6/7/20
In article <1orme95.1753psp10kvumN%snip...@gmail.com>,
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> [~240 lines snipped]

Wherein America kicks England's arse to become the Articles of
Confedaration States of America! ACSA! ACSA! ACSA!

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Sn!pe

Jun 7, 2020, 5:51:55 AM6/7/20
Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In article <1orme95.1753psp10kvumN%snip...@gmail.com>,
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > [~240 lines snipped]
>
> Wherein America kicks England's arse to become the Articles of
> Confedaration States of America! ACSA! ACSA! ACSA!

And now poor old Blighty relies utterly on Mercadia for
absolutely everything! Oh, the Humanity!... :((

mixed nuts

Jun 7, 2020, 6:45:32 AM6/7/20
On 6/6/2020 8:07 PM, Skeeter wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2020 00:04:58 GMT, vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:

> Hey Checky, looks like we got this one trained.

rerun

--
Grizzly H.

mixed nuts

Jun 7, 2020, 7:24:13 AM6/7/20
I don't think he has a drawer full of Sudafed.

--
Grizzly H.

vallor

Jun 7, 2020, 7:33:06 AM6/7/20
I'm backing off from my harsh stance.

Maybe checkmate was just snipping a long quoted text. Sure, it's the
Declaration of Independence, but perhaps he is very familiar with the
text, and didn't need to see it in his reply.

On the other hand, gerg's "learn to trim" doesn't always have
applicability...sometimes, you gotta leave the text.

'nuff said.

--
-v

Janithor

Jun 7, 2020, 8:16:10 AM6/7/20
x-no-archive: yes
Not good, he won't be able to make any golf course dills and do some
powerful presidenting. In Jesus's AR-14's name we pray, amen.

Remember George Floyd! BLM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIk_cZYgudQ

Checkmate

Jun 7, 2020, 9:52:17 AM6/7/20
Checkmate.

On 7 Jun 2020 11:33:04 GMT vallor put forth the following notion, which
was duly noted and recorded:

> On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 07:23:50 -0400, mixed nuts wrote:

'Nuff told me there was no reason to leave all that in just to add my few
lines of Shock and Awe. If people want to read the whole D of I, they can
easily find it elsewhere.

Siri Cruise

Jun 7, 2020, 10:38:06 AM6/7/20
In article <1ormjes.s4a3rzyshnraN%snip...@gmail.com>,
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <1orme95.1753psp10kvumN%snip...@gmail.com>,
> > snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
> >
> > > [~240 lines snipped]
> >
> > Wherein America kicks England's arse to become the Articles of
> > Confedaration States of America! ACSA! ACSA! ACSA!
>
> And now poor old Blighty relies utterly on Mercadia for
> absolutely everything! Oh, the Humanity!... :((

We now lead on per capita production of music to make parents's
ears bleed.

chrisv

Jun 7, 2020, 10:44:20 AM6/7/20
vallor wrote:

> Skeeter wrote:
>>
>> He sure got under your skin didn't he? LOLOL
>
>Slurp slurp slurp.

You shouldn't pick on retards.

--
"Considering how the people bullying everyone else into voting
Democrat" - "Slimer", lying shamelessly

vallor

Jun 7, 2020, 11:16:55 AM6/7/20
On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 09:06:58 -0600, Skeeter wrote:

> Is that what you call that dribble?

I'm told that I've been resorting to ad hominem in my arguments, so I'll
just snip and reply, "the Declaration of Independence is an inspired
document."

--
-v

"Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."

Jun 7, 2020, 12:49:17 PM6/7/20
On Sat, 06 Jun 2020, Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:

"Re: "Nature’s God" ?!"

Huh, Jeff can't you do a better job coding your
home-rolled news client so it can render non-
standard characters properly?

--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and
not, when I came to die, discøver that I had not lived." __Henry David Thøreau

Sn!pe

Jun 7, 2020, 6:35:44 PM6/7/20
Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In article <1ormjes.s4a3rzyshnraN%snip...@gmail.com>,
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Wherein America kicks England's arse to become the Articles of
> > > Confedaration States of America! ACSA! ACSA! ACSA!
> >
> > And now poor old Blighty relies utterly on Mercadia for
> > absolutely everything! Oh, the Humanity!... :((
>
> We now lead on per capita production of music to make
> parents's ears bleed.

God Damn the Pushy Monkees and their bubblegum pop smack!

Siri Cruise

Jun 7, 2020, 6:40:56 PM6/7/20
In article <1orniqj.s5mt2p1lfyu1cN%snip...@gmail.com>,
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <1ormjes.s4a3rzyshnraN%snip...@gmail.com>,
> > snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> > > And now poor old Blighty relies utterly on Mercadia for
> > > absolutely everything! Oh, the Humanity!... :((
> >
> > We now lead on per capita production of music to make
> > parents's ears bleed.
>
> God Damn the Pushy Monkees and their bubblegum pop smack!

Hey, I got a brand new pair of roller skates. You got a brand new
key.

mixed nuts

Jun 7, 2020, 6:46:13 PM6/7/20
On 6/7/2020 5:51 AM, Sn!pe wrote:
> Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> In article <1orme95.1753psp10kvumN%snip...@gmail.com>,
>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>>
>>> [~240 lines snipped]
>>
>> Wherein America kicks England's arse to become the Articles of
>> Confedaration States of America! ACSA! ACSA! ACSA!
>
> And now poor old Blighty relies utterly on Mercadia for
> absolutely everything! Oh, the Humanity!... :((

That wasn't the case before ol' Blighty fell under the spell of the
wicked FAKE NEWS WITCH HOAXER of the west. Maybe there's hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACi37PyRKQ

--
Grizzly H.

Sn!pe

Jun 7, 2020, 7:07:57 PM6/7/20
Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
> > > We now lead on per capita production of music to make
> > > parents's ears bleed.
> >
> > God Damn the Pushy Monkees and their bubblegum pop smack!
>
> Hey, I got a brand new pair of roller skates.
> You got a brand new key.

<https://youtu.be/tb63PdPweDc>

Siri Cruise

Jun 7, 2020, 7:54:23 PM6/7/20
In article <1ornkam.1e791tf1uozlu4N%snip...@gmail.com>,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44Ach4mXE4

Meanwhile in the more things change, the more they stay the same
category: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ52lk9wjZI

Sn!pe

Jun 8, 2020, 5:44:09 AM6/8/20
Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In article <1ornkam.1e791tf1uozlu4N%snip...@gmail.com>,
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Hey, I got a brand new pair of roller skates.
> > > You got a brand new key.
> >
> > <https://youtu.be/tb63PdPweDc>
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44Ach4mXE4>

Melanie does have a lovely voice, that's for sure.

> Meanwhile in the more things change, the more they stay the same
> category: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ52lk9wjZI

I found all the other stuff going on a bit too distracting.

<https://youtu.be/x4tJiyU_gjY?t=165>

Siri Cruise

Jun 8, 2020, 6:27:28 AM6/8/20
In article <1orodg7.1lxj52anj2r4oN%snip...@gmail.com>,
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> I found all the other stuff going on a bit too distracting.
>
> <https://youtu.be/x4tJiyU_gjY?t=165>

News out of District of Columbia is dismal. Luckily I got 4500
kilometres of real estate between me and there. 4500 kilometres
is like crossing England coast to coast about a zillion times.