On Thagomizers

jillery

Feb 20, 2018, 11:55:02 PM2/20/18
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The topic title says it all: just 7 minutes.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9J7rOTJMg>

--
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Attributed to Voltaire

John Harshman

Feb 21, 2018, 12:05:04 AM2/21/18
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 2/20/18 8:54 PM, jillery wrote:
> The topic title says it all: just 7 minutes.
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9J7rOTJMg>

Named for the late Thag Simmons, I believe.

jillery

Feb 21, 2018, 12:40:03 AM2/21/18
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Yeppers. I miss Gary Larson and his creations.

Bob Casanova

Feb 21, 2018, 2:00:04 PM2/21/18
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 00:36:11 -0500, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:02:47 -0800, John Harshman
><jhar...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>>On 2/20/18 8:54 PM, jillery wrote:
>>> The topic title says it all: just 7 minutes.
>>>
>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9J7rOTJMg>
>>
>>Named for the late Thag Simmons, I believe.
>

>Yeppers. I miss Gary Larson and his creations.

Same here; my all-time favorite was the one in which a giant
bloodshot eye fills the passenger-side mirror, the one with
"Caution: Objects in mirror are closer that they appear"
imprinted.

But anyone who has a stuffed warthog head over his drawing
board just *has* to be OK... ;-)

I *do* like PZ's idea of armored cows with "beefed-up"
<groan> Bovine Thagomizers...
--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"