2018 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Artificial Intelligence

Seymore4Head

Feb 20, 2018, 10:20:03 PM2/20/18
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

jillery

Feb 21, 2018, 12:40:03 AM2/21/18
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:14:47 -0500, Seymore4Head <n...@none.invalid>
wrote:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb4SshJ5WOY

As with other Asimov Memorial Debates, the format here isn't a debate,
but a panel discussion moderated by Neil Tyson. It's a fascinating
conversation on the current status of A.I. technology over 2 hours
long.

Panel members are:

Mike Wellman, professor computer science and
engineering at the University of
Michigan, and he leads the strategic reasoning group

Max Tegmark, does AI research at MIT and
also president of the Future of Life Institute

John Hammond Derek is a senior vice
president of engineering at Google, where
he leads the Google search and the
Google AI teams

Dr. Ruchir Puri, IBM Watson's Chief Architect and IBM fellow

Helen Greiner, co-founder of
the iRobot Corporation, maker of the Roomba, and founder of the drone
company Sci-Fi Works

--
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Attributed to Voltaire