How did Jesus manage to pay the disciples?

Mar 20, 2017, 2:29:54 AM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
He had a rich uncle? Were they part-timers or full-timers? Did they work for free?

That in itself is a miracle. 😉

-----------------------------------

"Are you ready for the jungle?"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

Mar 20, 2017, 10:59:55 AM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7:13:27 AM UTC-5, default wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 01:50:07 -0700 (PDT), Joe Bruno
> <ajtan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 11:24:06 PM UTC-7, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> >> He had a rich uncle? Were they part-timers or full-timers? Did they work for free?
> >>
> >> That in itself is a miracle. ?
> >>

> >YOU NEVER HEARD THE STORY ABOUT THE LOAVES AND FISHES?
>
> There you go... they ate the stories.

Jesus may have been using another story that works every time: He promised them free passage to the afterlife. But, of course, it wasn't free.

Everybody was feeding the enterprise --except for the Jews who would swallow the story.

Robert Carnegie

Mar 20, 2017, 3:09:55 PM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Monday, 20 March 2017 06:29:54 UTC, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> He had a rich uncle? Were they part-timers or full-timers? Did they work for free?
>
> That in itself is a miracle. 😉

This has nothing to do with the topic of evolution.
Don't be a nuisance.

Mar 20, 2017, 5:09:54 PM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I'm a nuisance by nature. My place in the jungle is the mosquito.

Everything that rejects evolution is fair game. Defending nature is my passion.

Jesus and his disciples are the story of something that never was.

Rolf

Mar 20, 2017, 5:34:56 PM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:7fc913f7-bd55-4a3b...@googlegroups.com...
> On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:09:55 PM UTC-5, Robert Carnegie wrote:
>> On Monday, 20 March 2017 06:29:54 UTC, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher  wrote:
>> > He had a rich uncle? Were they part-timers or full-timers? Did they work for free?
>> >
>> > That in itself is a miracle. 😉
>>
>> This has nothing to do with the topic of evolution.
>> Don't be a nuisance.

> I'm a nuisance by nature. My place in the jungle is the mosquito.
>
> Everything that rejects evolution is fair game. Defending nature is my passion.

Nature has no need of your "defence"
Find something you are better qualified on for our passion.

> Jesus and his disciples are the story of something that never was.

You don't say!

Mar 20, 2017, 9:09:54 PM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I've proven I can change the world without disciples.

Right, no money to pay them.

Mar 20, 2017, 9:44:54 PM3/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The other day I overwhelmed a Christian group with 12 disciples, but I had a banana and a megaphone. The recording went "Welcome to the Jungle. Banana Power!"

Jesus didn't have a banana or a megaphone. 😐

Mar 21, 2017, 10:39:55 AM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:10:03 AM UTC-5, aaa wrote:
> On 03/21/2017 07:46 PM, default wrote:
> > But you won't accept that Christianity is backwards compared to
> > atheist?
> >

> I can't talk about Christianity in general since it's so loosely
> defined. I can only talk about the teaching of Jesus in the Bible. I
> think the teaching of Jesus is the best living philosophy that even
> atheists can't deny. The wisdom of Jesus Christ is profound. It will
> never go out of date. Comparing with his teaching, Atheism is absolute
> gibberish without philosophical understanding of any kind. It's nothing
> but modern scientific indoctrination which is brainwashing by definition
> and design.

By applying Jesus' philosophy I'd get on a bike and go roaming free preaching something. That's exactly what I do, but my message is very different. The wisdom of the afterlife is nonsense. I preach these wise words:

WE ARE PEOPLE TOO
“You can live on peanuts and be happy if you can ride a bicycle or lie in a hammock under a tree, having a balance. No car payments means freedom, right? The young and restless are bored, often jobless, and may turn to crime and stuff. And the prison industry is as prosperous as the medical industry. Be fit! There are many traps in the jungle. Beware! This is a money jungle. If they treat you like an insect, be a nagging mosquito. Make noise! And don’t feed the lion. Go roaming free. The best comes when you skip the pump and eat what you love. Set up a bike with cargo capacity. Make it an SUB (sport utility bike). Be proud! And play the music loud.”

Astero...@yahoo.com

Mar 21, 2017, 10:59:55 AM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Yup. And you're lying there on your hammock and there come your pizza delivery.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:44:54 AM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:59:49 AM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> By applying Jesus' philosophy I'd get on a bike and go roaming free preaching something. That's exactly what I do, but my message is very different. The wisdom of the afterlife is nonsense. I preach these wise words:
>
> WE ARE PEOPLE TOO
> “You can live on peanuts and be happy if you can ride a bicycle or lie in a hammock under a tree, having a balance. No car payments means freedom, right? The young and restless are bored, often jobless, and may turn to crime and stuff. And the prison industry is as prosperous as the medical industry. Be fit! There are many traps in the jungle. Beware! This is a money jungle. If they treat you like an insect, be a nagging mosquito. Make noise! And don’t feed the lion. Go roaming free. The best comes when you skip the pump and eat what you love. Set up a bike with cargo capacity. Make it an SUB (sport utility bike). Be proud! And play the music loud.”

"When you lie in a hammock, your troubles melt away and you enjoy your day" -Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher

That's a philosophy for life. 👍

Mar 21, 2017, 11:59:54 AM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Does Jesus deliver pizza?

He may have a lot of converts.

Rolf

Mar 21, 2017, 12:14:55 PM3/21/17

> On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 9:09:54 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> Humble Philosopher wrote:
>> On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 5:34:56 PM UTC-4, Rolf wrote:
>> >

>> > "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>
>> > skrev i melding

>> > they part-timers or full-timers? Did they work for free?

>> > has nothing to do with the topic of evolution.
>> > nuisance.

>> > is the mosquito.

>> > game. Defending nature is my passion.
>> > >

>> > Nature has no need of your "defence"
>> >
>> > Find something you are better qualified on for our passion.
>>
>> I've proven I can change the world without disciples.
>>
>> Right, no money to pay them.
>
> The other day I overwhelmed a Christian group with 12 disciples, but I had
> a banana and a megaphone. The recording went "Welcome to the Jungle.
> Banana Power!"
>
> Jesus didn't have a banana or a megaphone. ??

In what way is that relevant wrt evolution? You descended from a pair of
monkeys?

Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

Mar 21, 2017, 12:29:54 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 12:05:03 PM UTC-4, Joe Bruno wrote:
> He did for awhile. Later, he made Judas do it.

Yeah, people expected a hot pizza from Jesus. 😉

https://i1.wp.com/tiltingground.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/jesus-pizza.jpg

Burkhard

Mar 21, 2017, 1:19:55 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
"Their homely fare dispatch’d, the hungry band
Invade their trenchers next, and soon devour,
To mend the scanty meal, their cakes of flour.
Ascanius this observ’d, and smiling said:
“See, we devour the plates on which we fed."

(Virgil Aeneid, Book 7)

jillery

Mar 21, 2017, 1:44:57 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:15:06 +0000, Burkhard <b.sc...@ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

>Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:

>>> He did for awhile. Later, he made Judas do it.
>>
>> Yeah, people expected a hot pizza from Jesus. ?
>>
>> https://i1.wp.com/tiltingground.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/jesus-pizza.jpg
>>

>"Their homely fare dispatch’d, the hungry band
>Invade their trenchers next, and soon devour,
>To mend the scanty meal, their cakes of flour.
>Ascanius this observ’d, and smiling said:
>“See, we devour the plates on which we fed."
>
>(Virgil Aeneid, Book 7)

If Jesus delivered pizza, it would have had anchovies on it, and
accompanied by some cheap wine.
--
This space is intentionally not blank.

Mar 21, 2017, 7:34:54 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:14:55 AM UTC-5, Rolf wrote:
> "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>
> skrev i melding
> > Jesus didn't have a banana or a megaphone. ??
> >

> In what way is that relevant wrt evolution? You descended from a pair of
> monkeys?

It's simple: No Jesus means evolution.

I descended from the trees some three million years ago --just like everybody else.

Astero...@yahoo.com

Mar 21, 2017, 8:09:54 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
A friend of mine had been working on a pizza recipe for around ten years. Finally I suggested that we do a pizza night for members of the church and I can tell you nobody went away disappointed. It was good. So, indirectly God provides pizza.

Mar 21, 2017, 9:04:55 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Now you may never know if the churchgoers go hungry for the bible or for pizza.

That's why I don't want to give away bananas. 😐

Mar 21, 2017, 11:29:54 PM3/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:55:41 PM UTC-5, Joe Bruno wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 5:32:34 PM UTC-7, John Locke wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:57:00 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> > Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Does Jesus deliver pizza?
> > >
> > ..yes, but damnit, Jesus put anchovies on the pizza again !
> >
> I happen to like anchovies.I like things very spicy.

Request the "hell topping." Heaven is sweet, hell is spicy.

Mar 22, 2017, 12:19:55 AM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 10:48:35 PM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 10:18:37 PM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

> > > How do we know you have no bananas?
> >
> > You never let the world know what your weapons are.
>
> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/11/ab/99/11ab99c4c7503ea8e3ba7f39589ab105.jpg

The war-cry is "Welcome to the Jungle. Banana Power!"

People can't figure out if it's a weapon or a treat, but their curiosity makes them read. Nothing as dense as the bible, of course.

Astero...@yahoo.com

Mar 22, 2017, 12:49:58 AM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

Mar 22, 2017, 1:54:57 AM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
We should do the bananas go to the monkey. Banana delivery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noZ9aefHktY

Mar 22, 2017, 8:49:55 AM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 5:04:53 AM UTC-4, newsreader crashed again wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2017 03:29 AM ,"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 12:05:03 PM UTC-4, Joe Bruno wrote:=20
> > > On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 8:57:02 AM UTC-7, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most =
> > Humble Philosopher wrote:=20
> > te:=20
> > delivery.=20
>
> No he would never deliver pizza, as there is between 2000 and 2500 calories in a 12inch pizza as bought from outlets such as Domino's.
>
> Jesus would want to restrict you to around 1500 in a 24 hour period, for the sake of your health.

Maybe Jesus needed the extra calories because he would walk it off everyday. Christians love the calories as they are proudly sedentary and overweight.

He would add a special topping called "pepperoni Jesus"...

Rolf

Mar 22, 2017, 9:24:59 AM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

"jillery" <69jp...@gmail.com> skrev i melding
Considering the miraculous powers Jesus had at his disposal, as exemplified
with the Wine-trick, Fish-trick and Bread-trick, I don't see any reason why
he couldn't have run a Pizza bakery and delivery service without any staff
or employees, everything would have been handled by divine forces, so why
worry about the quality of the wine?

Both Romans and Jews (and everybody else) would have been happy and ...

Mar 22, 2017, 2:49:55 PM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 12:34:56 PM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 10:03:49 AM UTC-5, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
> > Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> > > (I can deliver pizza by bike, something Jesus can't do)
> >
> > You've never heard the exclamation "Christ on a bike!"?
>
> I heard of "Christ on skates."

Jesus protects all those kids doing crazy stuff on skates. They don't need helmets.

Jesus is better than a helmet, so they say.

jillery

Mar 22, 2017, 5:14:55 PM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:23:30 +0100, "Rolf" <rolf.a...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Being a good Jewish boy, Jesus would not have offered bacon or pork
sausage pizza, but he still might have rendered onto Little Caesar.

Mar 22, 2017, 7:29:55 PM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I asked one those crazy kids and he says Jesus is better protection.

Kind of making sense for some kids that are not very smart. Maybe Jesus will punish them for using helmets.

I wasn't using one but converted after finding some cool-looking helmets. I put on a label that says "Banana Warrior."

Mar 22, 2017, 9:14:54 PM3/22/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 8:46:29 PM UTC-4, deaco...@gmail.com wrote:
> The topping on pizza is eternal life.
>
> Ride your bike to that place
>
> Deacon Mark

Some people say riding a bike is sure death.

I rather have the Amsterdam topping.

Mar 23, 2017, 12:49:55 AM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 10:31:10 PM UTC-4, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 7:29:30 PM UTC-7, Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:

> > > looks like a monkey to me.
> >
> > You are easily fooled.
> >
> > Is that why you became Christian?
>
> I became an evolutionist because of this video. It was quite convincing.

So where do you stand now: Jesus or no Jesus.

Jesus would never approve of evolution. But it's really commonsense.

Astero...@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2017, 12:59:54 AM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
So, you believe in cat to monkey evolution, eh?

Mar 23, 2017, 1:49:55 AM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Oh no no. We are in the same branch (mammalians) but we are not direct descendants. I'm no expert but I follow commonsense. Dogs and cats are equally related but they get along like Christians and Muslims.

Mar 23, 2017, 1:49:55 AM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 3:55:14 PM UTC-7, duke wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:04:58 -0700 (PDT), Joe Bruno <ajtan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Does Jesus deliver pizza?
> >>

> >He did for awhile. Later, he made Judas do it.
>
> And gave him a helicopter to deliver it in.

Jesus expects a good tip for delivery.

But perhaps we can pass him a fake bill. Yeah, Jesus would be 2000 year behind. No way he can survive in a modern capitalist society. He would be kicking Wall Street.

Mar 23, 2017, 2:14:57 AM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Jesus would have a visceral aversion to capitalism. He would prefer a one party-system where a figure similar to his father is in charge.

But he would soon find himself in a labor camp. Then he would evaporate and go back to heaven. In heaven everything is free.

Mar 23, 2017, 10:59:56 AM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 11:52:44 PM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Know how to ask the questions, eh? So you believe in cat to monkey evolution. Didn't know that.

No cat to monkey. The cat is a distant relative. The monkey is a cousin.

You can see the relationship because monkey laugh like us. Cats don't laugh. Dogs don't laugh. Jesus don't laugh. God don't laugh.

Astero...@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2017, 4:14:56 PM3/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org