MODNOTE Migration status

David Greig

Jun 24, 2017, 6:49:52 PM6/24/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

So beagle is up, and all articles are passed to it from darwin, and beagle
posts them, and then starts propagation. Right now they have to flow
via darwin but my newsfeeds should hopefully switch to beagle in the
first day or two this week.

If darwin should die, there is an MX record for the domain which should
mean that beagle will accept all mail for darwin; if this happens before
the newsfeeds are straightened out then your articles will spool up on
beagle and then flood out like... floody things... once the links are
back up.

I expect darwin will come down next Friday or before. It's not the
same box I installed in the mid 1990s in Larry's office, it's died once
and eaten two decades of email of mine, woops. So much for mirrored
disks when they both die due to a microcode flaw, thanks Seagate.

I will watch to make sure articles flow for a bit now.

--D.

--
david iain greig dgr...@ediacara.org
moderator, talk.origins sp4 kox

RonO

Jun 25, 2017, 11:24:53 AM6/25/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 6/24/2017 5:43 PM, David Greig wrote:
> So beagle is up, and all articles are passed to it from darwin, and beagle
> posts them, and then starts propagation. Right now they have to flow
> via darwin but my newsfeeds should hopefully switch to beagle in the
> first day or two this week.
>
> If darwin should die, there is an MX record for the domain which should
> mean that beagle will accept all mail for darwin; if this happens before
> the newsfeeds are straightened out then your articles will spool up on
> beagle and then flood out like... floody things... once the links are
> back up.
>
> I expect darwin will come down next Friday or before. It's not the
> same box I installed in the mid 1990s in Larry's office, it's died once
> and eaten two decades of email of mine, woops. So much for mirrored
> disks when they both die due to a microcode flaw, thanks Seagate.
>
> I will watch to make sure articles flow for a bit now.
>
> --D.

Is there an archive of all the past TO posts? Was the pre world wide
web days of 300 baud modems preserved?

Ron Okimoto

Richard Clayton

Jun 25, 2017, 10:04:53 PM6/25/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I believe there is not, unfortunately.

--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton