Citations

The Incredibly Lucky JTEM

Sep 19, 2017, 3:55:04 PM9/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/157048853973

<Quote>
I have a confession to make. See, most times I
demand a citation from someone in an online
argument I know damn well that none exists. I
know the poster is wrong or insane (or both).
Usually because I’ve already Googled it,
searched for “Cites” myself. I’m only
demanding a cite from them in such cases in
\the hopes of forcing the claimant into
realizing this. I figured that by challenging
them for a cite that they’d go look for one,
see that they’re wrong and change their
position. Of course, this has never once
happened. Not once has anyone ever checked for
a cite, saw that they were wrong and then
changed their position.
</Quote>

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/157048853973