T rex vs early human bones

Seymore4Head

Jul 23, 2017, 11:35:04 PM7/23/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I was listening to a talk show and some caller made the claim that
there were as many t rex examples as there are early human. Is this
even remotely true?

jillery

Jul 24, 2017, 2:10:04 AM7/24/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
That's a poorly phrased question, in part because it's unclear what it
means by "early human". Does it include only H. sapiens? Or all Homo
genera? Or all Hominidae? And how recent can a specimen be before
it's no longer "early"?

Here's a list of some of the important "early human" fossils:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils>

Wikipedia says more than 50 individual T.rex specimens have been
found.

--
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Attributed to Voltaire