TEST~ What Animal is Shown in this Picture, Nessie?

Jonathan

Jul 18, 2017, 9:25:04 PM7/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

This is a test, answer tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg

John Harshman

Jul 18, 2017, 9:30:03 PM7/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 7/18/17 6:20 PM, Jonathan wrote:

> This is a test, answer tomorrow.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg

If it weren't such a crappy picture, I suspect it would easy to
recognize it as an elephant's periscope. I had no idea they did that.

Jonathan

Jul 18, 2017, 9:35:04 PM7/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Yep, pretty amazing ability. An elephant found itself
swept out to sea and a six hour rescue by the
Sri Lankan Navy saved it.

More pics
https://twitter.com/CavasShips/status/885744204202299392

And a video of the rescue
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/885585577613152258

Don Cates

Jul 18, 2017, 11:00:04 PM7/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
snorkel, not periscope.

Don Cates ("he's a cunning rascal" PN)

Bob Casanova

Jul 19, 2017, 2:00:03 PM7/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:20:11 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by Jonathan
<WriteI...@gmail.com>:

>This is a test, answer tomorrow.
>
>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg

Looks like an elephant's trunk to me.

And don't call me Nessie.
--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

Bob Casanova

Jul 19, 2017, 2:00:03 PM7/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:57:39 -0500, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by Don Cates
<cate...@hotmail.com.invalid>:

>On 2017-07-18 8:27 PM, John Harshman wrote:
>> On 7/18/17 6:20 PM, Jonathan wrote:
>>>

>>> This is a test, answer tomorrow.
>>>
>>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg
>>>
>> If it weren't such a crappy picture, I suspect it would easy to
>> recognize it as an elephant's periscope. I had no idea they did that.
>>
>snorkel, not periscope.

Do you *know* it can't look through there?

Robert Carnegie

Jul 19, 2017, 4:30:03 PM7/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 19:00:03 UTC+1, Bob Casanova wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:57:39 -0500, the following appeared
> in talk.origins, posted by Don Cates
> <cate...@hotmail.com.invalid>:

> >> If it weren't such a crappy picture, I suspect it would easy to
> >> recognize it as an elephant's periscope. I had no idea they did that.
> >>
> >snorkel, not periscope.
>
> Do you *know* it can't look through there?

Where are elephants on the "keen eyesight" /
"keen sense of smell" spectrum?

I read a novel called _Telempath_ where the
human race's built-in life-long cold virus
was cured (without asking permission), which
was broadly a /bad/ thing, but people suddenly
could smell in 3-D. The problem was /what/
they could smell. I don't know if this is
even slightly realistic... but of course
an elephant can /point/ the thing.

Ernest Major

Jul 19, 2017, 5:45:03 PM7/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
s/periscope/snorkel/.

--
alias Ernest Major

John Harshman

Jul 19, 2017, 7:25:03 PM7/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Looks more like a periscope, though, doesn't it?

Don Cates

Jul 20, 2017, 1:15:05 AM7/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 2017-07-19 12:56 PM, Bob Casanova wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:57:39 -0500, the following appeared
> in talk.origins, posted by Don Cates
> <cate...@hotmail.com.invalid>:

>>> If it weren't such a crappy picture, I suspect it would easy to
>>> recognize it as an elephant's periscope. I had no idea they did that.
>>>
>> snorkel, not periscope.
>
> Do you *know* it can't look through there?

Yes! Well... reasonably sure.

Bob Casanova

Jul 20, 2017, 12:55:05 PM7/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 00:14:19 -0500, the following appeared
<cate...@hotmail.com.invalid>:

>On 2017-07-19 12:56 PM, Bob Casanova wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:57:39 -0500, the following appeared
>> in talk.origins, posted by Don Cates
>> <cate...@hotmail.com.invalid>:

>>> snorkel, not periscope.
>>
>> Do you *know* it can't look through there?
>>
>Yes! Well... reasonably sure.

So, room for doubt? OK. ;-)

Mark Isaak

Jul 20, 2017, 3:10:04 PM7/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 7/18/17 6:20 PM, Jonathan wrote:

> This is a test, answer tomorrow.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg

My first thought was that it is the trunk of an elephant, but on closer
inspection, it appears to be sasquatch riding the Lock Ness Monster,
both being attacked by a kraken.

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) curioustaxonomy (dot) net
"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can

Robert Camp

Jul 20, 2017, 4:30:04 PM7/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 7/20/17 12:06 PM, Mark Isaak wrote:
> On 7/18/17 6:20 PM, Jonathan wrote:
>>

>> This is a test, answer tomorrow.
>>
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg
>
> My first thought was that it is the trunk of an elephant, but on closer
> inspection, it appears to be sasquatch riding the Lock Ness Monster,
> both being attacked by a kraken.

That's ridiculous. Sasquatch and Nessie are mortal enemies.

http://timesuckpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/big-foot-loch-ness-V1.jpg

Robert Camp

Jul 20, 2017, 4:35:03 PM7/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Actually, that photo could be interpreted to support your hypothesis.
Here's a more rigorous bit of evidence.

https://tinyurl.com/yd758mau

Mark Isaak

Jul 21, 2017, 2:20:05 PM7/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Okay, that's evidence that they *were* enemies. But who knows what they
would do when both attacked by a kraken. And they could have been under
mind control by the UFOs which do not show up in the photo.

Jonathan

Jul 21, 2017, 9:20:03 PM7/21/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 7/20/2017 4:26 PM, Robert Camp wrote:
> On 7/20/17 12:06 PM, Mark Isaak wrote:
>> On 7/18/17 6:20 PM, Jonathan wrote:
>>>

>>> This is a test, answer tomorrow.
>>>
>>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErLnGtXUAALdtg.jpg
>>
>> My first thought was that it is the trunk of an elephant, but on
>> closer inspection, it appears to be sasquatch riding the Lock Ness
>> Monster, both being attacked by a kraken.
>
> That's ridiculous. Sasquatch and Nessie are mortal enemies.

A Chupacabra would kick both their rears.

> http://timesuckpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/big-foot-loch-ness-V1.jpg

rolf.a...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017, 2:40:05 AM7/25/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org