On Thera and the Exodus revisited.

Rolf

Dec 16, 2017, 2:55:03 AM12/16/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Of all the volcanic eruptions that shook the earth, two of the volcano on
the Aegean island Thera, modern Santorini, are more important to the modern
world than any other. Not only did they lead to the formation of the people
known as the Israelites, but indirectly also gave birth to the god of
Judaism, Islam and Christianity. The biblical Exodus of the Israelites from
Egypt is closely linked to these two eruptions, the second which occurred
ca. 1450-1410 BCE during the reign of Amenhotep III, Egypt's golden pharaoh.
The fallout of the eruption caused a deadly plague to break out in Egypt and
to appease the perceived anger of the gods, Amenhotep ordered all firstborn
in Egypt to be sacrificed in fires. His firstborn son, Crown Prince
Tuthmosis, was first in line to be sacrificed, but was saved from the fire
in the nick of time, an event recorded as the 'burning bush' episode in the
Bible. Prince Tuthmosis became the biblical Moses and the events of that
followed are now finally revealed.

.

On "Thera and the Exodus", quoted from Amazon. But Ray Martinez, according
to his response the last time I mentioned the subject (The Parting of the
Sea, by Barbara J. Sivertsen), is not impressed since it doesn't fit his
preconceptions and as we all know, they are the last word on any subject.

Rolf

Ray Martinez

Dec 16, 2017, 6:25:02 PM12/16/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:55:03 PM UTC-8, Rolf wrote:
> Of all the volcanic eruptions that shook the earth, two of the volcano on
> the Aegean island Thera, modern Santorini, are more important to the modern
> world than any other. Not only did they lead to the formation of the people
> known as the Israelites, but indirectly also gave birth to the god of
> Judaism, Islam and Christianity. The biblical Exodus of the Israelites from
> Egypt is closely linked to these two eruptions, the second which occurred
> ca. 1450-1410 BCE during the reign of Amenhotep III, Egypt's golden pharaoh.
> The fallout of the eruption caused a deadly plague to break out in Egypt and
> to appease the perceived anger of the gods, Amenhotep ordered all firstborn
> in Egypt to be sacrificed in fires. His firstborn son, Crown Prince
> Tuthmosis, was first in line to be sacrificed, but was saved from the fire
> in the nick of time, an event recorded as the 'burning bush' episode in the
> Bible. Prince Tuthmosis became the biblical Moses and the events of that
> followed are now finally revealed.

False.

The Egyptian name "Thutmose" and other similar names simply evidences the fact that Moses was a real, historic person.

Ray

JTEM is my hero

Dec 16, 2017, 11:30:02 PM12/16/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Rolf wrote:

> Of all the volcanic eruptions that shook the earth, two of the volcano on
> the Aegean island Thera, modern Santorini, are more important to the modern
> world than any other. Not only did they lead to the formation of the people
> known as the Israelites, but

Nothing appearing anything like these
"Israelites" appears in the region until
about 600 BC(E).

Thera erupted about a thousand years
earlier.

-- --