Ymir is dead (nym change notice)

André G. Isaak

Jul 2, 2015, 4:46:22 PM7/2/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
My poor computer which dates back to the early triassic finally died a
slow and painful death.

I finally got my bright new shiny one, and after much weeping and
gnashing of teeth I've finally figured out how to get a decent
newsreader running following my forced adoption of Yosemite.

In the process of setting up I seem to have abandoned my old nym that I
wasn't terribly attached to anyways.

Just letting you all know.

Andre (the entity formerly know as Ymir)

Paul J Gans

Jul 2, 2015, 7:26:23 PM7/2/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
But I *liked* Ymir!

--
--- Paul J. Gans

jillery

Jul 3, 2015, 4:41:21 AM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Long live your new computer.
--
This space is intentionally not blank.

Andre G. Isaak

Jul 3, 2015, 10:16:21 AM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
In article <mn4h7d$j84$4...@reader1.panix.com>,
Then you'll almost certainly hate me. I'm the Mr. Hyde to Ymir's Dr.
Jeckyll.

Andre

RSNorman

Jul 3, 2015, 10:26:21 AM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
So you are saying not that Ymir is dead but that you slaughtered him?

Mark Isaak

Jul 3, 2015, 2:31:20 PM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I rather like "Isaak". Dunno why.

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) curioustaxonomy (dot) net
"Keep the company of those who seek the truth; run from those who have

Andre G. Isaak

Jul 3, 2015, 2:46:22 PM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
In article <di6dpahmng2iciglv...@4ax.com>,
Assuming your inference is correct (purely for sake of argument, of
course -- before a court I would deny everything), Ymir would still be
dead, no? So I stand behind my original statement.

Andre

Burkhard

Jul 3, 2015, 3:21:20 PM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I'd bloody well hope so, seeing that the earth, the sea, all plants and
animals and also the clouds were formed from his body. Would be rather
acquired if he just had a rest and is going to wake up anytime now.

RSNorman

Jul 3, 2015, 5:26:20 PM7/3/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:43:13 -0600, "Andre G. Isaak"
You can stand behind your statements but you could not produce Ymir
and stand behind him to prove to the court your innocence.

Bob Casanova

Jul 4, 2015, 1:46:17 PM7/4/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
"acquired"?

--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

Paul J Gans

Jul 4, 2015, 6:21:17 PM7/4/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Andre G. Isaak <agi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Which one is the creationist?

Paul J Gans

Jul 4, 2015, 6:26:16 PM7/4/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Mark Isaak <eci...@curioustax.onomy.net> wrote:
>On 7/2/15 4:24 PM, Paul J Gans wrote:
>> Andr? G. Isaak <agi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My poor computer which dates back to the early triassic finally died a
>>> slow and painful death.
>>
>>> I finally got my bright new shiny one, and after much weeping and
>>> gnashing of teeth I've finally figured out how to get a decent
>>> newsreader running following my forced adoption of Yosemite.
>>
>>> In the process of setting up I seem to have abandoned my old nym that I
>>> wasn't terribly attached to anyways.
>>
>>> Just letting you all know.
>>
>>> Andre (the entity formerly know as Ymir)
>>
>> But I *liked* Ymir!

>I rather like "Isaak". Dunno why.

Hmmm. There's a lot of strange stuff going on around here...

RSNorman

Jul 4, 2015, 9:51:17 PM7/4/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Is that at all unusual for this venue?

Bob Casanova

Jul 5, 2015, 2:51:14 PM7/5/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 22:23:12 +0000 (UTC), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by Paul J Gans
<gan...@panix.com>:
Well, that's certainly unusual!

No, wait...

Paul J Gans

Jul 5, 2015, 4:11:14 PM7/5/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
What I meant was that Ymir's posts made sense. That's unusual
for this venue.