Prince Michael Said: most changes are damaging or fatal to the organism

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2016, 2:51:08 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Prince Michael Said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17409186

Our analysis suggests that approximately 95% of all nonsynonymous mutations that could contribute to polymorphism or divergence are deleterious, and that the average proportion of deleterious amino acid polymorphisms in samples is approximately 70%.

[most changes are damaging or fatal to the organism]

---

These morons don't even know what a Gene is.

John Harshman

Jan 9, 2016, 4:41:03 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Question: are most changes in the genome nonsynonymous mutations?

jillery

Jan 9, 2016, 6:11:02 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 11:45:56 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com
wrote:

>These morons don't even know what a Gene is.

What's to know: Gene Krupa, Gene Kelly, Gene Wilder, Gene
Roddenberry...
--
This space is intentionally not blank.

Jimbo

Jan 9, 2016, 6:21:01 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
He knows the answer or he wouldn't have made the remark. Go on,
Prince, show the arrogant harshman that you know what you're talking
about.

Jimbo

Jan 9, 2016, 6:31:01 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 11:45:56 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com
wrote:

Hey, Passerby, I just asked you to show John Harshman that you do know
what a gene is, but I assumed in that post that 'Prince Michael' is
just one of your sock-puppets. It doesn't matter either way, show the
harshman that he's a moron and you are way up to speed on the nature
of genes.

Burkhard

Jan 9, 2016, 9:01:01 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 11:45:56 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
>> These morons don't even know what a Gene is.
>

> What's to know: Gene Krupa, Gene Kelly, Gene Wilder, Gene
> Roddenberry...
> --

...Gene-i

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2016, 10:36:04 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
There is no Prince but the Prince, and I am his messenger.

Prepare for his second coming.

jillery

Jan 9, 2016, 11:06:00 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 01:57:03 +0000, Burkhard <b.sc...@ed.ac.uk>
wrote:
...and the ever popular Levi genes, even if they are Jewish.

jillery

Jan 9, 2016, 11:11:01 PM1/9/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 19:32:20 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com
wrote:

>There is no Prince but the Prince, and I am his messenger.
>
>Prepare for his second coming.

Second coming? My impression is that he's impotent.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2016, 7:26:01 AM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No man speaks for the Prince.

(The first thing I'd start with is trying to convince the downbreed that genes really do have something to do with protein, and aren't the same thing as base pairs. Gotta start with the remedial stuff, he's a slow learner.)

Jimbo

Jan 10, 2016, 11:56:00 AM1/10/16
wrote:

>There is no Prince but the Prince, and I am his messenger.

Are you sure he tasked you with calling people morons on Usenet
newsgroups? It could be that you got the message a bit garbled.

>Prepare for his second coming.

By calling people morons?

Jimbo

Jan 10, 2016, 11:56:00 AM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

Are synonymous mutations deleterious?

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 04:24:50 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com

David Canzi

Jan 10, 2016, 2:40:59 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Do you have your own personal dictionary containing your own
personal definition of gene? The thing everybody but you calls a
gene is *made* *of* bases, and has no effects that aren't effects
of the bases it's made of.

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 04:24:50 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com wrote:
--
David Canzi | "No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood."
| http://www.despair.com/irresponsibility.html

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2016, 3:05:59 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Befuddled are you? Well of course you are, you're a forum atheist. I'll be happy to help. If you want to know what a gene is, I suggest you start with pea plants...

http://anthro.palomar.edu/mendel/mendel_1.htm

If there are any big words you need help with, let me know.

David Canzi

Jan 10, 2016, 4:26:00 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The main point seems to be that some traits of the offspring are
from one parent or the other rather than being a blending of the
parental traits. And some traits are dominant or recessive. So?

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2016, 5:15:59 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Excellent!

Now, what determines the color of your eyes, or how tall your are or your brain structure?

John Harshman

Jan 10, 2016, 5:25:59 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
It seems that passerby's understanding of "gene" (or "GENE") is limited
to Mendel's, conceivably also Morgan's, understanding.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2016, 5:56:00 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Well, everyone can't be at the top of his class, like David.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2016, 6:11:00 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Here's a hint. If both parents have blue eyes, or brown eyes, what color will the children's eyes be and how do you determine that? Genes or base pairs?

Wolffan

Jan 10, 2016, 6:31:00 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 10 Jan 2016, passer...@gmail.com wrote
(in article<24f8a0d5-65a7-4e93...@googlegroups.com>):

> how tall your are or your brain structure?

In your particular case I strongly suspect fetal alcohol syndrome.

solar penguin

Jan 10, 2016, 6:45:59 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sunday, 10 January 2016 23:11:00 UTC, passer...@gmail.com top-posted:

> Here's a hint.

It's actually a question.

> If both parents have blue eyes, or brown eyes, what color
> will the children's eyes be and how do you determine that?

The easiest way to determine it is by looking at the children's
eyes and seeing what colour they are.

> Genes or base pairs?

You don't need to use either of them. Like I said, the easiest way
to determine it is by looking at the children's eyes and seeing what
colour they are.

David Canzi

Jan 10, 2016, 10:20:58 PM1/10/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Brown or blue eye color is determined by genes, with brown being
dominant and blue being recessive. I don't know what happens if
one parent has some other eye colour, such as green.

Height depends somewhat on genes and somewhat on nutrition.

Large scale brain structures are determined by genes. Finer scale
structures are altered by experiences. That's about as much as
I know about that.

John Vreeland

Jan 11, 2016, 1:45:57 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:53:18 -0800 (PST), passer...@gmail.com
wrote:
Why are all these posts blank?
--
Church of the FSM: "I believe _because_ it is ridiculous."

John Vreeland

Jan 11, 2016, 2:00:58 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Why in Hell are we top-posting like idiots now?

Here is a good human eye color genetics chart.
http://infothread.org/Science/Biology/Eye%20Color%20Genetics.png

It ignores a hyothetical case in which both blue-eyes parents have
broken color genes and pass them to a child in such a way that they
function together as a single working brown gene. Thus in odd cases
two blue-eyed parents can conceivably produce brown-eyed offspring.

There are also cases of chimeras, in which the eyes and organs of
reproduction of the same body are geneticaly siblings. Of course these
are rare oddities.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 4:50:58 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Yep, that's how it works. It's genes that determine what what color your eyes are etc. Not base pairs. And those genes are identical in Europeans and Neanderthal.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 4:50:58 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Because you downbreeds on an evolution forum that don't know what a gene is, segment your posts.

Don't read them, moron.

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 10:30:58 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
When you say "identical", just what do you mean? No non-synonymous
differences? No synonymous differences?

jillery

Jan 11, 2016, 10:30:58 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 01:56:31 -0500, John Vreeland
<vreejackat...@spam.hole> wrote:

>Why in Hell are we top-posting like idiots now?

Humoring the insane.

John Bode

Jan 11, 2016, 11:11:00 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
"Downbreeds"?

Okay, a lot of passerby's posts suddenly became a *lot* clearer to me. I'm
a little surprised I didn't catch it earlier.

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 3:50:58 AM UTC-6, passer...@gmail.com wrote:
> Because you downbreeds on an evolution forum that don't know what a gene is, segment your posts.

[snipping remainder]

erik simpson

Jan 11, 2016, 11:30:58 AM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The real mystery is why anyone would continue to respond to this troll.

John Bode

Jan 11, 2016, 12:40:58 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I don't believe he (she?) is a troll; that is, just in it for the lulz.
I believe this person is dead serious.

Not saying that's any better reason to respond (it isn't). Just pointing
out that I think I now have some context for understanding some of
passerby's previous posts.

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 1:10:57 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I'm unclear on the significance of that word "downbreeds", except that
it sounds icky.

Burkhard

Jan 11, 2016, 1:20:57 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Weren't they a junk metal band at the beginning of the century?

jillery

Jan 11, 2016, 1:25:56 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Now you have piqued my curiosity. If you don't mind saying, what is
it about that particular epithet which inspired insights in you?

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 2:00:56 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Are we not men?

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 2:30:57 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I mean it in the same way at the lead author of the most important paper on human evolution in history, where they first sequenced the Neanderthal genes.

You know, the one you will stay totally stinking comically ignorant of for all eternity in every branch of the Multiverse.

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 2:45:57 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
That wasn't an answer. Are you unable to give an answer or just
unwilling? I think it's the former.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 2:55:56 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
We have to start with the basics with you. Can't seem to get past the point of the most important human evolution paper in human history. You still don't know what they mean by a genes.

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 3:50:57 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
And again, no answer to the question. I'm now almost completely certain
you can't answer.

When you say "identical", just what do you mean? No non-synonymous
differences? No synonymous differences?

David Canzi

Jan 11, 2016, 4:20:58 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:39:46 -0800 (PST),
I responded to him because I was trying to find out something
about the way he thinks; testing a hunch that his refusal to
talk or think about bases was due to some anti-reductionistic
attitude.

David Canzi

Jan 11, 2016, 5:15:55 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
And we're back where we started. Apparently genes are to be
known only as some mysterious entity that in some mysterious way
determines traits such as eye colour. Meanwhile, scientists have
discovered physical things that do what genes are said to do,
and those physical things are made of bases. Differences in the
base sequences of two genes are known to produce differences in
eye colour. Bases matter. Bases make a difference. You have
not provided any evidence or reasoning for why this is wrong,
you just keep repeating that it is wrong.

I have noticed on the internet some people of European ancestry
who believe fate has granted them inborn superiority over most
of humanity by giving them an extra large helping of Neanderthal
genes. Do you think like them? Do you think your Neanderthal
ancestry has made you superior?

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 8:15:56 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No you racist pig. The racists are the ones that said Neanderthal was a different inferior species of all things.

You know, about 98% of all filthy racist evolution scientists until they sequenced the Neanderthal GENES.

I think we are all equal interbreeding humans since we started walking on two legs.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 8:20:55 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
You don't even know what a gene is, downbreed, or if it has anything to do with proteins. Still don't know Europeans share over 99.7% of their GENES with Europeans and we all share 25% of our GENES with chimps.

Yeah I know you want me to produce the evidence for the 10,000th time.

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 9:10:56 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No, all I want you to do is answer my question:

When you say "identical", just what do you mean? No non-synonymous
differences? No synonymous differences?

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 9:15:55 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I asked first.

jillery

Jan 11, 2016, 9:50:54 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
It's no more mysterious than why anyone would reply to the many other
trolls who infest T.O.

John Harshman

Jan 11, 2016, 10:00:54 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Actually, I asked first.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 11:00:54 PM1/11/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Another deliberate lie by the downbreed. But then what else does it have?

I've been asking for weeks, perhaps a year.

As you well know, no one is that stupid after 10,000 times.

John Harshman

Jan 12, 2016, 12:05:55 AM1/12/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Any masochist who is reading this can see you're avoding the question.
Here it is again:

When you say "identical", just what do you mean? No non-synonymous
differences? No synonymous differences?

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 1:30:57 AM1/12/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Translation: "Yes, it's true you asked first and no I'll never answer that question, it rubs my nose in the dirt, so I'll change the subject."

David Canzi

Jan 12, 2016, 1:40:55 AM1/12/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
For some reason it is really important to you to believe, and
to get other people to believe, that the genes of Europeans are
identical to the genes of Neanderthals. In fact, the genes of
Europeans are not even identical to the genes of other Europeans.

passer...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 1:55:55 AM1/12/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No, you racist pig, I think all humans, since we learned to walk on two legs millions of years ago are one interbreeding species.

And the sequencing of Neanderthal, Denisovan and other ***NUCLEAR*** ***GENES*** in recent years has changed everything and proved the racism of those that say someone that looks different isn't just a different inferior race, but a different inferior species.

It's not just Europeans, Neanderthals and Africans, it's Han Chinese, Denisovans, something that branched over a million years ago, Australians and a lot more. They are about to sequence the Red River people it looks like.

But you morons can't get past the ***GENES*** of Neanderthals, Europeans and Africans, the most simple, oldest and most documented example.

And on an evolution forum. Totally oblivious to that new knowledge about human origins. And so eager to stay stinking ignorant.

Wolffan

Jan 12, 2016, 8:25:55 AM1/12/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 11 Jan 2016, John Harshman wrote
(in article<7ZednWlGqcAbcg7L...@giganews.com>):
‘Downbreeds’ = ‘Everyone who’s smarter than passerby'

John Harshman

Jan 12, 2016, 9:40:55 AM1/12/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
All correct if you get rid of the first word.

Here's my question: When you say "identical", just what do you mean? No
non-synonymous differences? No synonymous differences?

What was your question?