quantum mechanics interpretations

Dale

Mar 5, 2015, 1:54:46 AM3/5/15
got on this subject from one of passerby's threads

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

the many worlds interpretation fails the statistical test

if you have 1 world, you have a 100% probability when the wave
function collapses to the highest probability

if you have two probabilities, and the wave function collapses to that
two (many) worlds, you have a 200% probability of both worlds

if you have 100 probabilities, and the wave function collapses to that
100 (many) worlds, you have a 10,000% probability of all worlds

you can't have more than a 100% probability

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_interpretation

the transactional interpretation fails the same test, you have the
probabilities in past, present, future, that's 3 times the 100%
probabilities in the present

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_interpretation

this leaves the Copenhagen intrepretation, where the observer
always collapses the wave function to the highest probability

or instead, a spiritual interpretation

in either the case of the Copenhagen interpretation, or a spiritual
interpretation, it involves life, life is a variable

of what I know string theory and mem-brane theory isn't testable and
therefore is hypothesis (conjecture) and not theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory

there is no reconcilation of elements and waves (and general relativity),
without delving into life

--
(my whereabouts below)
http://www.dalekelly.org

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Mar 5, 2015, 3:19:45 AM3/5/15
On 2015-03-05 05:50:50 +0000, Dale said:

> got on this subject from one of passerby's threads
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
>
> the many worlds interpretation fails the statistical test

Why don't you take this up with David Deutsch? I suspect he understands
the issues better than you do. If he doesn't answer your query, Jan
Lodder here can certainly do so.

> --
athel

Bob Casanova

Mar 5, 2015, 1:04:46 PM3/5/15
On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:18:13 +0100, the following appeared in
talk.origins, posted by Athel Cornish-Bowden
<acor...@imm.cnrs.fr>:
I've recommended Deutsch's books a couple of times when this
subject came up. So far, no comments on them.
--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

raven1

Mar 5, 2015, 2:19:45 PM3/5/15
On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 05:50:50 +0000 (UTC), Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>
wrote:

>got on this subject from one of passerby's threads
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
>
>the many worlds interpretation fails the statistical test

Or, more likely, you don't understand how statistics works.

passer...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2015, 9:24:43 PM3/5/15
No, the 100% probability thing is pure nonsense.

Earle Jones27

Mar 8, 2015, 1:09:58 AM3/8/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 2015-03-06 02:23:15 +0000, passer...@gmail.com said:

> No, the 100% probability thing is pure nonsense.
>
> On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 1:54:46 AM UTC-5, Dale wrote:
>> got on this subject from one of passerby's threads
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
>>
>> the many worlds interpretation fails the statistical test
>>
>> if you have 1 world, you have a 100% probability when the wave
>> function collapses to the highest probability
>>
>> if you have two probabilities, and the wave function collapses to that
>> two (many) worlds, you have a 200% probability of both worlds*

Passer: It is my scientific opinion, based on years of training, that
you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Probablity 101:

Probability is expressed as a number.

The smallest value of this number is zero.
The largest value of this number is one.

All probablilities are between zero and one.

The units of probability are not percent.

Why don't you try to learn before you try to teach?

earle
*

passer...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2015, 3:49:58 AM3/8/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
God what a moron. 100 to 1 you can't do elementary algebra. A less than 1% probability. You don't even know what percent means.

Yes, you can use percent, monkey brain.

J. J. Lodder

Mar 8, 2015, 10:54:58 AM3/8/15
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
<passer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> God what a moron. 100 to 1 you can't do elementary algebra. A less than 1%
> pro bability. You don't even know what percent means.

Do you?

> Yes, you can use percent, monkey brain.

You can use percent, like any other number,
but that doesn't make it a unit of probability,

Jan