Stephen Hawking warned about aliens

Sep 26, 2016, 11:10:03 AM9/26/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
We should live in isolation and not try to contact the aliens out there, so it seems. But what if the aliens offered some cure for cancer or they already figured out god doesn't exist? Well, the very fact that they do exist would prove the idea of god wrong once and for all. I'm in favor of making contact. What if we learned a way to talk to monkeys and they told us some secret? I'm also in favor of contacting the monkeys.

THE HEADLINE

Stephen Hawking warned us about contacting aliens, but this astronomer says it's 'too late'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/251cfd41-3b5b-35c1-9988-81c66c933a77/stephen-hawking-warned-us.html

"Why not a banana dollar?"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

Sep 26, 2016, 12:30:03 PM9/26/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:29:49 AM UTC-4, hja...@asdkljfhj.org wrote:
> http://i.imgur.com/uXWDmHI.gif

Intimidating they are, but we may be able to soften their heart with bananas. ❤

czeba...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 7:40:03 PM9/26/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Remind me why the existence of aliens would disprove the existence of a deity...

gregwrld

Sep 27, 2016, 12:15:03 AM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:40:03 PM UTC-4, czeba...@gmail.com wrote:
> Remind me why the existence of aliens would disprove the existence of a deity...
>
> gregwrld

The Bible says he created us in his image. The aliens would have to be exactly like us.

jillery

Sep 27, 2016, 7:15:05 AM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Your argument above is true only if "in his image" necessarily means
"exactly like". Another reasonable interpretation is it means
"similar to", which allows lots of wiggle room. Or do you suppose God
must have a bellybutton?
--
This space is intentionally not blank.

Sep 27, 2016, 10:15:03 AM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
If I made something "in my image," would you accept a crab?"

Sep 27, 2016, 12:30:04 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The opposite is likely unacceptable, ie that god is a crab and we look like a monkey. 😐

eridanus

Sep 27, 2016, 1:00:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
a good question would be to know what it means god made us at his own
image. It would had not been the reverse? We made god at our own image?
Eri

jillery

Sep 27, 2016, 1:25:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Correct. The Old Testament God didn't act much different than the
polytheist gods It had to share us with. They didn't act much
different than self-important over-indulged humans.

jillery

Sep 27, 2016, 1:25:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:11:42 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 7:15:05 AM UTC-4, jillery wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:11:13 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
>> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >The Bible says he created us in his image. The aliens would have to be exactly like us.
>>

>> Your argument above is true only if "in his image" necessarily means
>> "exactly like". Another reasonable interpretation is it means
>> "similar to", which allows lots of wiggle room. Or do you suppose God
>> must have a bellybutton?
>
>If I made something "in my image," would you accept a crab?"

Perhaps. Is your crab a metaphorical reference to your personality?

More seriously, how dissimilar must something be before it is no
longer similar depends on what one is comparing. I agree that you're
less similar to a crab than to an ape, but you're more similar to a
crab than to a cloud of hydrogen gas.

Sep 27, 2016, 2:35:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 1:25:03 PM UTC-4, jillery wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:11:42 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 7:15:05 AM UTC-4, jillery wrote:

> >> Your argument above is true only if "in his image" necessarily means
> >> "exactly like". Another reasonable interpretation is it means
> >> "similar to", which allows lots of wiggle room. Or do you suppose God
> >> must have a bellybutton?
> >
> >If I made something "in my image," would you accept a crab?"
>

> Perhaps. Is your crab a metaphorical reference to your personality?

You can't deny god is crabby, as described in the bible.

> More seriously, how dissimilar must something be before it is no
> longer similar depends on what one is comparing. I agree that you're
> less similar to a crab than to an ape, but you're more similar to a
> crab than to a cloud of hydrogen gas.
> --
> This space is intentionally not blank.

Would you respect a god that looks like a crab?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/secularcafe/images/d/d4/God_is_Crab.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140105233851

Bob Casanova

Sep 27, 2016, 3:05:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:13:03 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:
Beat me to it...
--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

Bob Casanova

Sep 27, 2016, 3:05:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:11:13 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:

>On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:40:03 PM UTC-4, czeba...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Remind me why the existence of aliens would disprove the existence of a deity...

>The Bible says he created us in his image. The aliens would have to be exactly like us.

That is a logically indefensible statement, unless the
aliens were supposedly also "created in His image", *and*
unless He is restricted to a single image, *and* that
"image" necessarily means "physically identical likeness"
rather than dealing with mental and moral concerns, none of
which has been demonstrated.

Sep 27, 2016, 3:20:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 3:05:03 PM UTC-4, Bob Casanova wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:11:13 -0700 (PDT), the following
> appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
> Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:
>
> >On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:40:03 PM UTC-4, czeba...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> Remind me why the existence of aliens would disprove the existence of a deity...
>
> >The Bible says he created us in his image. The aliens would have to be exactly like us.
>
> That is a logically indefensible statement, unless the
> aliens were supposedly also "created in His image", *and*
> unless He is restricted to a single image, *and* that
> "image" necessarily means "physically identical likeness"
> rather than dealing with mental and moral concerns, none of
> which has been demonstrated.
> --

God has been experimenting with different designs? What would it tell us if the aliens look like crabs?

I kind of read our resemblance to monkeys to mean something.

czeba...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 6:00:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
All of these posts seem to assume a Christian-defined deity.

gregwrld

Sep 27, 2016, 6:25:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 6:00:03 PM UTC-4, czeba...@gmail.com wrote:
> All of these posts seem to assume a Christian-defined deity.
>
> gregwrld

The Christian deity seems to be most popular but the African Orishas win in a beauty contest.

http://www.google.com/search?q=orisha+gods&safe=off&tbm=isch&ei=0u_qV5K9OYOte_-So7AL&start=40&sa=N#mhpiv=13

Why the slaves gave up their beautiful gods?

jillery

Sep 27, 2016, 6:55:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:34:20 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 1:25:03 PM UTC-4, jillery wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:11:42 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
>> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >If I made something "in my image," would you accept a crab?"
>>

>> Perhaps. Is your crab a metaphorical reference to your personality?
>
>You can't deny god is crabby, as described in the bible.

I deny that you are god.

>> More seriously, how dissimilar must something be before it is no
>> longer similar depends on what one is comparing. I agree that you're
>> less similar to a crab than to an ape, but you're more similar to a
>> crab than to a cloud of hydrogen gas.

I like to believe that I'm open-minded enough to disregard external
appearances.

jillery

Sep 27, 2016, 7:00:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:55:36 -0700 (PDT), czeba...@gmail.com wrote:

>All of these posts seem to assume a Christian-defined deity.
>
>gregwrld

Do you really think a crab God will sell well in Christian bookstores?

Sep 27, 2016, 7:15:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I don't think so, but his meat would be highly prized.

Sep 27, 2016, 7:40:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
What if Jesus was black?

Was Jesus white? https://t.co/SrBs0Nh0iS

Would it sell well?

czeba...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 8:05:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Jillery said: Do you really think a crab God would sell well in Christian bookstores?

Maybe on Fridays? Though I've heard the Bible takes a dim view of shellfish...

gregwrld

Jonathan

Sep 27, 2016, 8:30:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 9/26/2016 11:09 AM, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

> What if we learned a way to talk to monkeys and they told us some secret?

A Bird by chance that goes that way
Soft overhears the whole
If I should bribe the little Bird
Who knows but she would tell?

I think I won't however
It's finer not to know
If Summer were an Axiom
What sorcery had Snow?

So keep your secret Father!
I would not if I could,
Know what the Sapphire Fellows, do,
In your new-fashioned world!

If an alien race had all the answers, why would
they visit us? We instinctively want to travel
among the stars because we...don't have all the
answers.

We think colonizing is inevitable because
we don't understand nature, and as a result
can't live within our means.

And aliens wouldn't disprove God, it would show
evolution is a universal property of the universe.
It would show a universal creator, God, does
indeed exist.

Jonathan

Sep 27, 2016, 8:30:02 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
God is created in our image, if we merely inverse
the frame of reference, where God comes at the...end
of the evolutionary ladder, than science and religion
suddenly become one in the same.

Evolution is a highly cyclic process, and in an iteration
defining start from end is more a matter of semantics than
a matter of importance.

Mark Isaak

Sep 27, 2016, 9:00:03 PM9/27/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
And where does the Bible say anything about what image he created aliens
in? And where do the Qu'ran, Popol Vuh, Vedas, and Prose Edda say
anything about God's image?

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) curioustaxonomy (dot) net
"The evil that is in the world always comes of ignorance, and good

Sep 28, 2016, 12:15:02 AM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 9:00:03 PM UTC-4, Mark Isaak wrote:
> On 9/26/16 9:11 PM, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> > On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:40:03 PM UTC-4, czeba...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Remind me why the existence of aliens would disprove the existence of a deity...
> >>
> >> gregwrld
> >
> > The Bible says he created us in his image. The aliens would have to be exactly like us.
>
> And where does the Bible say anything about what image he created aliens
> in? And where do the Qu'ran, Popol Vuh, Vedas, and Prose Edda say
> anything about God's image?

If the aliens also believe in god, there's a big chance of war over whose god is right.

I hope they are spiritual but not religious.

Sep 28, 2016, 8:25:03 AM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 4:19:24 AM UTC-4, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> Odds are they'd be on a completely different tech level from us, just because it would be an incredible coincidence if they were even close. So it wouldn't be much of a war.

Why would there be a war if they are not religious? We would only be curious about each other.

> > I hope they are spiritual but not religious.
>
> Maybe their metaphysics would be scientifically provable. How would we cope with that?

I hope we wouldn't have to prove to the ladies that a romantic night is better under the Moon. She watches over lovers, thus the term "honeymoon." 😉

Bob Casanova

Sep 28, 2016, 2:40:02 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:17:20 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:

>On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 3:05:03 PM UTC-4, Bob Casanova wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:11:13 -0700 (PDT), the following
>> appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
>> Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:

>> >The Bible says he created us in his image. The aliens would have to be exactly like us.
>>
>> That is a logically indefensible statement, unless the
>> aliens were supposedly also "created in His image", *and*
>> unless He is restricted to a single image, *and* that
>> "image" necessarily means "physically identical likeness"
>> rather than dealing with mental and moral concerns, none of
>> which has been demonstrated.
>> --
>
>God has been experimenting with different designs?

Damfino. Why do you claim He hasn't? Are you a "deity
whisperer"?

> What would it tell us if the aliens look like crabs?

Nothing more than the fact. Why would you imagine otherwise?

>I kind of read our resemblance to monkeys to mean something.

It does; there's this "nested hierarchy" thingie that
explains a good bit.

Bob Casanova

Sep 28, 2016, 2:45:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:55:36 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by czeba...@gmail.com:

>All of these posts seem to assume a Christian-defined deity.

....and one with no ability to violate what the so-called
"Christians" think is right and proper for a deity's
actions.

Bob Casanova

Sep 28, 2016, 2:50:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:00:49 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by czeba...@gmail.com:

>Jillery said: Do you really think a crab God would sell well in Christian bookstores?
>
>Maybe on Fridays? Though I've heard the Bible takes a dim view of shellfish...

Only for the Chosen People.

Bob Casanova

Sep 28, 2016, 2:50:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 16:36:58 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:
By all accounts he was a Semite, therefore Caucasoid (which
IIRC is obsolete terminology). "White" and "black" are
sloppy terminology, since Caucasoids vary from white to dark
brown, as do Negroids (also obsolete, IIRC).

>Would it sell well?

Who cares?

Bob Casanova

Sep 28, 2016, 2:55:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 05:23:34 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:

>On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 4:19:24 AM UTC-4, Malcolm McMahon wrote:

>> > If the aliens also believe in god, there's a big chance of war over whose god is right.
>>
>> Odds are they'd be on a completely different tech level from us, just because it would be an incredible coincidence if they were even close. So it wouldn't be much of a war.
>
>Why would there be a war if they are not religious? We would only be curious about each other.

Absolutely; after all, no war has ever been fought by two
sides with the same religion, or by one religious side and
one non-religious side.

Not.

>> > I hope they are spiritual but not religious.
>>
>> Maybe their metaphysics would be scientifically provable. How would we cope with that?
>
>I hope we wouldn't have to prove to the ladies that a romantic night is better under the Moon. She watches over lovers, thus the term "honeymoon." ?

Yeah, and how 'bout them Mets?

Bob Casanova

Sep 28, 2016, 2:55:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:11:04 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:
Why so? Even if *we* were created in His image, that says
absolutely nothing about extraterrestrials. Both could
easily be "right", thus no conflict.

>I hope they are spiritual but not religious.

Sep 28, 2016, 3:30:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 1:55:03 PM UTC-5, Bob Casanova wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:11:04 -0700 (PDT), the following
> appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
> Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:

> >> And where does the Bible say anything about what image he created aliens
> >> in? And where do the Qu'ran, Popol Vuh, Vedas, and Prose Edda say
> >> anything about God's image?
> >
> >If the aliens also believe in god, there's a big chance of war over whose god is right.
>
> Why so? Even if *we* were created in His image, that says
> absolutely nothing about extraterrestrials. Both could
> easily be "right", thus no conflict.

Oh yes, we would be "better" than them if they don't look like us.

We would try to crush them like crabs.

Sep 28, 2016, 3:30:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 1:55:03 PM UTC-5, Bob Casanova wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 05:23:34 -0700 (PDT), the following
> appeared in talk.origins, posted by "Wise TibetanMonkey,
> Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com>:

> >> Odds are they'd be on a completely different tech level from us, just because it would be an incredible coincidence if they were even close. So it wouldn't be much of a war.
> >
> >Why would there be a war if they are not religious? We would only be curious about each other.
>
> Absolutely; after all, no war has ever been fought by two
> sides with the same religion, or by one religious side and
> one non-religious side.
>
> Not.

Same religion but different sect is equally a recipe for disaster. The West is united around Jesus to defend civilization... and prey on others.

The aliens would have no point in preying on humans because they would have no way the carry the loot home. Religion would surely play the greatest role on the war of the worlds.

Sep 28, 2016, 4:25:03 PM9/28/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:51:29 PM UTC-5, everyone hates me wrote:
> On 28 Sep 2016 08:32 PM ,"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The aliens would have no point in preying on humans because they would have no way the carry the loot home. Religion would surely play the greatest role on the war of the worlds.
> >

> But what if the aliens were old and incapable of reproduction with each other;and lare suffering from repeated cloning; but by sheer chance found a blue planet with an unadvanced lifeform that was hell bent on destruction?
>
> If they were an advanced culture they would recognise the effects of greed and selfishness by those in power, and try to warn them of the errors of their ways.
>
> The war might not be about the aliens gaining earth's resources for themselves, but about those in control of the earth attempting to stop the alien message being broadcast to the masses and thus destroying the locals' power, wealth and domination ?
>
> The alien men might attempt sex with earth women, in order to preserve their genetic structure within a human form. Later, with their superior technology they could manipulate the good human parts in order to create something resembling the alien-being structure.

Yes, very possible indeed. But the politicians bet that the aliens would also rely on the reptilian brain and thus would be corruptible. Power, money and sex will be written all over them. Lucky us if they look like crabs.

If they don't, and are indeed wise and beautiful, they will facilitate the revolution we all have been waiting for.

jillery

Sep 29, 2016, 3:45:02 AM9/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:47:08 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:00:49 -0700 (PDT), the following
>appeared in talk.origins, posted by czeba...@gmail.com:
>
>>Jillery said: Do you really think a crab God would sell well in Christian bookstores?
>>
>>Maybe on Fridays? Though I've heard the Bible takes a dim view of shellfish...
>
>Only for the Chosen People.

Do the Chosen People exclude Red Lobster restaurant owners and their
patrons?

Peter Nyikos

Sep 29, 2016, 11:30:02 AM9/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 8:30:02 PM UTC-4, Jonathan wrote:
> On 9/26/2016 11:09 AM, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

Of course, the joker who started this thread is the exact
opposite of the moniker he has chosen, and I think he chose
it for that very reason.

> > What if we learned a way to talk to monkeys and they told us some secret?

> A Bird by chance that goes that way
> Soft overhears the whole
> If I should bribe the little Bird
> Who knows but she would tell?
>
> I think I won't however
> It's finer not to know
> If Summer were an Axiom
> What sorcery had Snow?
>
> So keep your secret Father!
> I would not if I could,
> Know what the Sapphire Fellows, do,
> In your new-fashioned world!
>

> If an alien race had all the answers, why would
> they visit us?

I think most scientists are of the opinion that travel
between planetary systems is so difficult, they
would opt for communicating at a distance. Hence SETI.

> We instinctively want to travel
> among the stars because we...don't have all the
> answers.

We instinctively dream of it, but the difficulties inherent
in sending such sophisticated and delicate organisms as ourselves
are, well, astronomical.

> We think colonizing is inevitable because
> we don't understand nature, and as a result
> can't live within our means.

Only poorly informed laymen think it is inevitable,
except for colonizing within our own little solar
system, so remote from all others.

And nobody thinks we'll encounter superior aliens right here,
in our own cosmic back yard.

Well, nobody who has absorbed the lessons NASA has helped
us to learn.

> And aliens wouldn't disprove God,

Any Christian who has read C.S. Lewis's _Out of the Silent Planet_
or _Perelandra_ would laugh at the very idea of aliens disproving God.

> it would show
> evolution is a universal property of the universe.

Do you think our sun has some intelligent plasma beings
cavorting in it? Or that our own earth has cities of
silicon-based intelligent beings in its mantle and core?

If not, what does your airy-fairy talk amount to?

> It would show a universal creator, God, does
> indeed exist.

Wasn't it your idea that God doesn't exist yet as
a universal creator, but that some pantheistic deity is
gradually evolving into one, with us helping that
evolution along?

Peter Nyikos
Professor, Dept. of Mathematics -- standard disclaimer--
University of South Carolina

Bob Casanova

Sep 29, 2016, 1:35:01 PM9/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:29:36 -0700 (PDT), the following
Well, *you* might; others would hopefully be more
enlightened.

Bob Casanova

Sep 29, 2016, 1:35:01 PM9/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 03:40:53 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:
Damfino; I only know what the O.T. says about it.

jillery

Sep 29, 2016, 4:00:02 PM9/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:31:26 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 03:40:53 -0400, the following appeared
>in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:
>
>>On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:47:08 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:00:49 -0700 (PDT), the following
>>>appeared in talk.origins, posted by czeba...@gmail.com:

>>>Only for the Chosen People.
>>

>>Do the Chosen People exclude Red Lobster restaurant owners and their
>>patrons?
>
>Damfino; I only know what the O.T. says about it.

I didn't know the O.T. mentioned Red Lobster. You must have the
Revised Madison Avenue Version.

Bob Casanova

Sep 30, 2016, 11:59:58 AM9/30/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:57:45 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:31:26 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 03:40:53 -0400, the following appeared
>>in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>>>Do the Chosen People exclude Red Lobster restaurant owners and their
>>>patrons?
>>
>>Damfino; I only know what the O.T. says about it.
>

>I didn't know the O.T. mentioned Red Lobster. You must have the
>Revised Madison Avenue Version.

Ha. Ha.

I guess if all the lobsters and crabs are removed from the
menu the O.T. is also mute on the subject.