Pearls before swine.

Nashton

Jan 25, 2010, 6:41:35 AM1/25/10
Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
turn and tear you to pieces."

Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

Burkhard

Jan 25, 2010, 6:51:35 AM1/25/10

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 6:53:54 AM1/25/10

heh.. relevant?

It is directly applicable

Mark Buchanan

Jan 25, 2010, 7:28:56 AM1/25/10

It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
please.

Mark

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 7:38:30 AM1/25/10

Jesus did not tell us to be fools.

Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.

Ron O

Jan 25, 2010, 7:38:34 AM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 5:41�am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:

More projection NashT. Why is it that you think of yourself as that
type of dog or swine. Isn't it obvious even to yourself that you are
the one that tramples the pearls that you don't even want to
understand? Have you looked into projection? You can't even stop
yourself after repeatedly being informed about what you are doing.
You could need help.

One thing that you might try to keep yourself from doing it is to
actually put up some relevant argument instead of claiming to point
out the foibles of other participants. That would be one way to keep
from projecting your own basketcase life onto others. Just try to
post something that isn't a personal attack and you will have less
chance of shooting yourself in the foot.

What a novel concept it must be to you. Isn't it sad that you likely
don't even want to try to do it?

Ron Okimoto

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 8:11:31 AM1/25/10

Why should he put up a relevant argument. It would only be casting
pearls before swine.

Erwin Moller

Jan 25, 2010, 8:17:55 AM1/25/10
Nashton schreef:

Funny you mention that.
When I asked a particular dense creationist in alt.talk.creationism
about his supposed totally clear proof of God, I received that response:
It would be Pearls before Swine to give me that proof because I wasn't
in the 'right mindset'.

It reminded me of that other fraud Uri Geller: he could only do his
tricks when he knew where the spoons came from or where the cameras were
positioned...

Anyway, an insult coming from that guy (IllBeBauck) is happily accepted
as a compliment by me.

But that aside, I wanted to ask you, Nashton:
Did it ever occur to you that you are the swine in here?
The stupid one?
That the wiser and better educated in here feed you information you
cannot possibly comprehend?
Or is that an impossibility?

Have a nice day,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Ron O

Jan 25, 2010, 8:21:43 AM1/25/10
> pearls before swine.-

Well, if that is how you see yourself, I can't do much about that.

Ron Okimoto

Mark Buchanan

Jan 25, 2010, 8:42:55 AM1/25/10

The only people Jesus had harsh words or actions for were religious
leaders. Your insults to people on this ng are completely contrary to
the way Jesus lived - are you really a Christ follower?

Ray

Jan 25, 2010, 9:15:37 AM1/25/10

Maybe you should stop? If even you think you're too much of a pig to
understand the wisdom available from the great scientific minds of the
world, just go away. It's better for everyone that way.

Augray

Jan 25, 2010, 9:22:40 AM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:38:30 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote in
<madman-11cc4318-4031-...@h34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>
:

Then why do you insist on being one? And trust me, I'm not referring
to your creationist beliefs when I ask that.

chris thompson

Jan 25, 2010, 9:49:03 AM1/25/10

Awww, poor Nashton needs a little attention.

Grow up, you pretentious pathetic twerp.

Chris

Boikat

Jan 25, 2010, 10:07:03 AM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 5:41�am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> turn and tear you to pieces."

Sounds like some form of "special pleading", and hypoctitical.

> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

What you fail to understand is, aside from the actual context of the
message, is that what you, and your creationist buddies, are tossing
out faux pearls, and certainly is not "holy".

Boikat

Boikat

Jan 25, 2010, 10:09:37 AM1/25/10

Yet, here you are.

> Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.

Soooo..... If someone asks if I have change for a "Ten-spot", I should
kick the crap out of them?

It depends on the context.

Boikat

Will in New Haven

Jan 25, 2010, 10:51:59 AM1/25/10

So your pen has an internet connection?

--
Will in New Haven

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 12:41:07 PM1/25/10

If they did it in my fathers house, I would kick the crap out of them.

> Boikat- Hide quoted text -

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 12:40:16 PM1/25/10

I said he did not want us to be fools. He also said one must deal with
a snake, like a snake.

Desertphile

Jan 25, 2010, 12:47:03 PM1/25/10

> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams (sic) relevant.

Yes, swine, I'm sure it does.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Desertphile

Jan 25, 2010, 12:50:13 PM1/25/10

Naffoff missed the whole Jesus teaching part also, where Jesus
warns against the sin of Sodom (i.e., not being liberal).

> Mark

TomS

Jan 25, 2010, 12:51:39 PM1/25/10
"On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:47:03 -0700, in article
<58mrl5135mald6ok0...@4ax.com>, Desertphile stated..."

>On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:41:35 -0400, Nashton <na...@na.ca> wrote:
>
>> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
>> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
>> turn and tear you to pieces."
>>
>> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams (sic) relevant.
>
>Yes, swine, I'm sure it does.

A cynical college professor once said that undergraduate education
was casting imitation pearls before genuine swine.

--
---Tom S.
the failure to nail currant jelly to a wall is not due to the nail; it is due to

Desertphile

Jan 25, 2010, 12:51:56 PM1/25/10
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 6:28�am, Mark Buchanan <marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > heh.. relevant?
> >
> > > It is directly applicable
> >
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
> >
> > Mark

> Jesus did not tell us to be fools.

Jesus didn't tell us anything: the people who created him did. And
they have him applauding foolishness, claiming wisdom is evil and
foolishness is the way to heaven.

Inez

Jan 25, 2010, 1:03:20 PM1/25/10
Maybe you should try to get a job and move out.

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 12:59:17 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 11:51�am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:38:30 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
>

> <ap...@email.com> wrote:

> > > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > > the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
> > > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > > please.
>
> > > Mark
> > Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>
> Jesus didn't tell us anything: the people who created him did. And
> they have him applauding foolishness, claiming wisdom is evil and
> foolishness is the way to heaven.
>
> --http://desertphile.org

> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
> "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz- Hide quoted text -

I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you, right
idiot?

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 1:00:25 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 11:51�am, TomS <TomS_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> "On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:47:03 -0700, in article
> <58mrl5135mald6ok0uv61s1fqe9pleo...@4ax.com>, Desertphile stated..."

> >On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:41:35 -0400, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
>
> >> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> >> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> >> turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> >> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams (sic) relevant.
>
> >Yes, swine, I'm sure it does.
>
> A cynical college professor once said that undergraduate education
> was casting imitation pearls before genuine swine.

That sounds like an imitation professor.

Boikat

Jan 25, 2010, 1:18:07 PM1/25/10

1) What? The Sumerian Aliens don't like people making change for a
ten-spot either?

2) And promptly get arrested for assault.

3) And end up being trucked out on a gurney after getting you ass
whipped, and still end up getting arrested for assault.

4) Thanks for once again showing that you are a lowlife, scum sucking
asshole. If you represent your "god", he can kiss my ass.

Boikat

Mark Buchanan

Jan 25, 2010, 1:26:36 PM1/25/10

Is the part about a snake close to 'turn the other cheek'?

John Stockwell

Jan 25, 2010, 1:40:04 PM1/25/10

...to creationists (though one runs the risk of insulting pigs).

John Stockwell

Jan 25, 2010, 1:40:54 PM1/25/10

Creationists are the New Pharasees---religious literalists who
use scripture to deny common sense.

RAM

Jan 25, 2010, 1:45:20 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 5:53�am, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 5:41 am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
>
> > Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> > pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> > turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> > Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>
> heh.. relevant?
>
> It is directly applicable

Yes "Danny Donkey" Nashton and ASSinine are both mule headed.

RAM

Jan 25, 2010, 1:47:44 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 5:41�am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

And every time I read your posts I'm reminded that being Christian is
not equivalent to being moral.

Stuart

Jan 25, 2010, 2:06:44 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 2:38�am, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 6:28�am, Mark Buchanan <marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > heh.. relevant?
>
> > > It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> > Mark
>
> Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>
> Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.

So Jesus was something of a jerk?

Jews who lived abroad would make their first stop back home at the
Temple
where they would pray and give thanks. That *money changers* set up
shop
there was for convenience. Thanks to Jesus, after returning from
abroad, tired and hungry,
Jews would have stay tired and hungry for some time longer.

Gee he was swell.

Stuart

haiku jones

Jan 25, 2010, 2:08:54 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 4:41�am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:

> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> turn and tear you to pieces."
>

> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

Oh? Then why do you not do what Scripture commands you
to, and go away?

Haiku Jones

Nashton

Jan 25, 2010, 2:11:07 PM1/25/10
Mark Buchanan wrote:
> On Jan 25, 6:53 am, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 25, 5:41 am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
>>> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
>>> turn and tear you to pieces."
>>> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>> heh.. relevant?
>>
>> It is directly applicable
>
> It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> the love of Jesus again.

How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?

Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
> of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> please.

I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
his/her beliefs is also a part of it.

Bring it on.

> Mark

Nashton

Jan 25, 2010, 2:12:32 PM1/25/10

You know nothing about Christianity. Keep your stupidities to yourself
until such moment that you become informed and stop spreading your
misunderstandings and misconstrued notions about Christians.

Conan the bacterium

Jan 25, 2010, 2:12:06 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 5:38�am, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 6:28�am, Mark Buchanan <marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > heh.. relevant?
>
> > > It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> > Mark
>

> Jesus did not tell us to be fools.

Correct.

Which is why He cringes every time you post
your latest homebrew "disproof" of evolution.

Conan

Dana Tweedy

Jan 25, 2010, 2:15:29 PM1/25/10
On 1/25/10 5:38 AM, All-seeing-I wrote:
> On Jan 25, 6:28 am, Mark Buchanan<marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> heh.. relevant?
>>
>>> It is directly applicable
>>
>> It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
>> the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
>> of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
>> please.
>>
>> Mark
>
> Jesus did not tell us to be fools.

So, why are you bound and determined to be one?

> Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.

Which means that Kent Hovind and the rest of the creationists in it for
the money have something to worry about.

DJT

Nashton

Jan 25, 2010, 2:15:20 PM1/25/10
Unfortunately, ASI seems to have attracted 2 of the most magnificent
samples of stupid that dwell in this ng, Boikat and Inez.

Why not just disappear just like YOO and get a job and a life?

Thanks.

Dan Listermann

Jan 25, 2010, 2:20:31 PM1/25/10

"Nashton" <na...@no.ca> wrote in message

> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.
>
> Bring it on.

You want to see persecution, try looking at atheists.

.

Burkhard

Jan 25, 2010, 2:27:17 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 7:11�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
> Mark Buchanan wrote:

> >> heh.. relevant?
>
> >> It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again.
>
> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?

Matthew 7 16
and
Galatians 5 20

- executive summary: irf you post hateful crap, you are hateful.

> � Did you and Nashton miss the the first part

gregwrld

Jan 25, 2010, 2:32:11 PM1/25/10

Who anointed you to be a True Christian?

gregwrld

gregwrld

Jan 25, 2010, 2:29:56 PM1/25/10

Nobody here is persecuting you for
being a christian, we're merely exposing
you for the clueless idiot you are.

Persecution complex, Nashie-poo?

Chip on your shoulder?

Poor boy, get over yourself.

gregwrld

Boikat

Jan 25, 2010, 2:33:23 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 1:15�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
> Unfortunately, ASI seems to have attracted 2 of the most magnificent
> samples of stupid that dwell in this ng, Boikat and Inez.

Translation:

People with a low BS tolerance.

> Why not just disappear just like YOO and get a job and a life?

I have a job. Pointing out the idiocies of 'tards like ASS-I and you
is a hobby.

> Thanks.

You're an idiot, too. HAND.

Boikat

Boikat

Jan 25, 2010, 2:36:46 PM1/25/10

Maybe if you all didn't come across as arrogant, and ignorant,
assholes, you wouldn't be so "persecuted". But then again,
persecution is your goal.

> Bring it on.

You're an asshole. Happy now?

(P.S. Self inflicted persecution points don't count for squat.)

Boikat

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 2:39:40 PM1/25/10

Stop nym shifting

All-seeing-I

Jan 25, 2010, 2:39:11 PM1/25/10
> Stuart- Hide quoted text -

They were changing money IN THE TEMPLE idiot.

And yes. He was "swell"

Vend

Jan 25, 2010, 2:46:44 PM1/25/10

Actually, I think that money changers would be mostly between Roman
currency and local currency.
In the eye of Jewish nationalists, they would have be seen as traitors
who profited from the Roman domination.

If Jesus existed, he was possibly the leader of one of these
nationalist groups, hence an attack on the money changers would have
been likely politically motivated.

Mark Evans

Jan 25, 2010, 2:48:29 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 7:38�am, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 6:28�am, Mark Buchanan <marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > heh.. relevant?
>
> > > It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> > Mark
>
> Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>
> Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.

I have also heard that he made nice furniture too, just in case he had
to go into his step-father's business if the whole prophet thing did
not work out.

Mark Evans

Stuart

Jan 25, 2010, 2:52:34 PM1/25/10

That only occurred during the Passover and
was to collect the half-sheckle tax.

Learn something about what you speak.

And of course some Xtians think nothing of passing the plate around
now
eh?

Stuart

Inez

Jan 25, 2010, 2:55:31 PM1/25/10

I'm sad now because I value your opinion sooooo much! Here are my
little internet teardrops -> ,,,,,,,

Will in New Haven

Jan 25, 2010, 2:58:57 PM1/25/10

Oh, so dramatic. No one can persecute you here. All anyone here can do
is TYPE at you.

And laugh at you, of course. There's that.

--
Will in New Haven

Will in New Haven

Jan 25, 2010, 3:00:47 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 2:12�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:

While I don't claim to know much about Christianity and won't attempt
to mediate the dispute between you, I do want to say that I applaud
the fact that you are saying he is mistaken and not accusing him of
lying when he gives his own opinion accurately. He might be wrong and
he might be right but he believes what he is saying, so he isn't
lying.

Nashton

Jan 25, 2010, 3:08:20 PM1/25/10
Ron O wrote:
> On Jan 25, 5:41 am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
>> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
>> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
>> turn and tear you to pieces."
>>
>> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>
> More projection NashT. Why is it that you think of yourself as that
> type of dog or swine. Isn't it obvious even to yourself that you are
> the one that tramples the pearls that you don't even want to
> understand? Have you looked into projection? You can't even stop
> yourself after repeatedly being informed about what you are doing.
> You could need help.

Thank you, Freud.

> One thing that you might try to keep yourself from doing it is to
> actually put up some relevant argument instead of claiming to point
> out the foibles of other participants.
That would be one way to keep
> from projecting your own basketcase life onto others.

Smug little bastard.

Just try to
> post something that isn't a personal attack and you will have less
> chance of shooting yourself in the foot.

Do you read any of the posts coming from your side of the debate, hypocrite?

> What a novel concept it must be to you. Isn't it sad that you likely
> don't even want to try to do it?

And there you have it. Another content-free post from the same source.

> Ron Okimoto

...and learn to use a newsreader.

David Hare-Scott

Jan 25, 2010, 3:17:31 PM1/25/10
Nashton wrote:
> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

What would Matthew have to say about the arrogance of those who imagine they
are better than others despite evidence to the contrary? You are the
biblical scholar perhaps you can find a reference. Lacking all substance
your overblown pride and foul mouth is about all you have.

David

Mitchell Coffey

Jan 25, 2010, 3:34:28 PM1/25/10
> They were changing money IN THE TEMPLE idiot.
[snip]

Which was necessary for traditional religious practice, providing
banking services on the Temple grounds during Passover. But, in any
event, what exactly did he have against sacrificing pigeons? It's a
Levitical commandment, after all. There's no bring-your-own pigeon
provision in the Scriptures.

You have to admit it was pretty odd of the Romans to allow Jesus to
commit a violent assault on the Temple during the busiest week of the
year, either not detain him or let him go, then reluctantly execute
him a few days later at the behest of local elites with some political
bitch about him.

Mitchell Coffey

Mitchell Coffey

Jan 25, 2010, 3:41:55 PM1/25/10
> > They were changing money IN THE TEMPLE idiot.
>
> That only occurred during the Passover and
> was to collect the half-sheckle tax.
>
> Learn something about what you speak.
[snip]

You are too modest, you should have emphasized your superior knowledge
of ancient texts by noting here that the something about which you
speak is Scripture. Jewish Scripture, for sure, but it was ruling
writ at the time.

Mitchell

Mark Buchanan

Jan 25, 2010, 4:27:55 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 2:11�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
> Mark Buchanan wrote:

> >> heh.. relevant?
>
> >> It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again.
>
> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?

Please forgive me if I misunderstood - but it seems like you did call
all evolutionists on this ng a bunch of fools. If you had different
motives other than spite in mind please explain.

> � Did you and Nashton miss the the first part

> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.

You are sadly mistaken if you call what happens to you here
persecution.
> Bring it on.
>

> > Mark

Mark Buchanan

Jan 25, 2010, 4:30:05 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 2:12�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:

Please correct my errors - particularly the part in the sermon on the
mount where Jesus explicitly says not to call people fools. (BTW -
your out of context quote doesn't actually say to call people swine.)

Stuart

Jan 25, 2010, 4:43:16 PM1/25/10

That would be correct.

> In the eye of Jewish nationalists, they would have be seen as traitors
> who profited from the Roman domination.
>
> If Jesus existed, he was possibly the leader of one of these
> nationalist groups, hence an attack on the money changers would have
> been likely politically motivated.

Possible. But Jesus is quoted as saying "Render unto Ceaser's what is
Ceaser's"
doesn't sound like something a nationalist would intone.

Stuart

Stuart

Jan 25, 2010, 4:46:04 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 9:11 am, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:

> Mark Buchanan wrote:

> >> heh.. relevant?
>
> >> It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again.
>
> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?
>
> Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
>
> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.
>
> Bring it on.

Bring what on?

You conflate criticism with persecution.

You haven't a clue what actual persecution is like.

Stuart

haiku jones

Jan 25, 2010, 5:02:58 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 12:11�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
> Mark Buchanan wrote:

> >> heh.. relevant?
>
> >> It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again.
>
> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?
>
> � Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
>
> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does.

> Being persecuted for
> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.
>
> Bring it on.

<SNORT!!>

Martyr wannabe much?

Hint: Christians in the Congo are being
slaughtered by rebels calling themselves
the Lord's Resistance Army.

That is "persecution".

You coming around daily after having
taped a large "KICK ME" sign on
your back, and then knowingly posting
absurdities which result in your being
properly mocked is not "persecution".

It's masochism at worst, childish
attention-seeking at best.

Come back and talk about
"persecution" when you've earned
the right. And bring the X-rays.

Haiku Jones

Burkhard

Jan 25, 2010, 5:05:01 PM1/25/10
It also belittles what people go through who are _really_ prosecuted,
which I find morally reprehensible.

Nashton

Jan 25, 2010, 5:16:52 PM1/25/10
David Hare-Scott wrote:
> Nashton wrote:
>> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
>> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
>> turn and tear you to pieces."
>>
>> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>
> What would Matthew have to say about the arrogance of those who imagine they
> are better than others despite evidence to the contrary?

You tell me, you're the one that's paranoid.

Vend

Jan 25, 2010, 5:26:02 PM1/25/10
On 25 Gen, 22:43, Stuart <bigdak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Possible. But Jesus is quoted as saying "Render unto Ceaser's what is
> Ceaser's"
> doesn't sound like something a nationalist would intone.

Well, it depends.
Not paying the taxes to the Romans or publicly suggesting not to pay
would have been a severe offence.

According to the Gospel, Jesus utters that phrase when he's
specifically questioned by hostile questioners who attempted to trick
him into saying something that would get him in trouble.

Trashing a few tables at the Temple market would have been a less
serious offence that the Romans likely ignored.

heekster

Jan 25, 2010, 5:40:01 PM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:41:35 -0400, Nashton <na...@na.ca> wrote:

>Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
>pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
>turn and tear you to pieces."
>
>Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

You think you've got it all sewn up, but you're just spinning in the
wind.

heekster

Jan 25, 2010, 5:41:00 PM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:40:16 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

>On Jan 25, 7:42�am, Mark Buchanan <marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>>
>> > Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.
>>

>> The only people Jesus had harsh words or actions for were religious
>> leaders. Your insults to people on this ng are completely contrary to
>> the way Jesus lived - are you really a Christ follower?
>

>I said he did not want us to be fools.

Well then, you have failed miserably.

RAM

Jan 25, 2010, 5:40:13 PM1/25/10

Stop trolling.

No "nym" shifter, just the "truth" teller.

RAM

Jan 25, 2010, 5:49:54 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 1:11�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
> Mark Buchanan wrote:

> >> heh.. relevant?
>
> >> It is directly applicable
>
> > It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
> > the love of Jesus again.
>
> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?
>
> � Did you and Nashton miss the the first part

> > of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
> > please.
>
> I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.

"Being persecuted" is playing the "victim card" Danny Donkey Boy."

When and where are Christians being persecuted in the US (or Canada)?

All you seem capable of is obnoxious posts and whines about other
posters behavior; yet your moral compass is pointed toward hell.

> Bring it on.

"Danny Donkey Boy" is King of the mountain. The cartoon is more
prophetic than the Bible!

> > Mark

Mark Buchanan

Jan 25, 2010, 6:29:55 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 5:16�pm, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> David Hare-Scott wrote:
> > Nashton wrote:
> >> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> >> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> >> turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> >> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>
> > What would Matthew have to say about the arrogance of those who imagine they
> > are better than others despite evidence to the contrary?
>
> You tell me, you're the one that's paranoid.
>
> � You are the

I think you better stop - your foot is so far in your mouth you can't
breath anymore.

bpuharic

Jan 25, 2010, 6:52:43 PM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:12:32 -0400, Nashton <na...@no.ca> wrote:

>You know nothing about Christianity. Keep your stupidities to yourself
>until such moment that you become informed and stop spreading your
>misunderstandings and misconstrued notions about Christians.

says the taliban christian.

Ron O

Jan 25, 2010, 6:50:37 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 2:08�pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
> Ron O wrote:
> > On Jan 25, 5:41 am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> >> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> >> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> >> turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> >> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>
> > More projection NashT. �Why is it that you think of yourself as that
> > type of dog or swine. �Isn't it obvious even to yourself that you are
> > the one that tramples the pearls that you don't even want to
> > understand? �Have you looked into projection? �You can't even stop
> > yourself after repeatedly being informed about what you are doing.
> > You could need help.
>
> Thank you, Freud.
>

> > One thing that you might try to keep yourself from doing it is to
> > actually put up some relevant argument instead of claiming to point
> > out the foibles of other participants.
>
> � �That would be one way to keep
>
> > from projecting your own basketcase life onto others.
>
> Smug little bastard.

Can't keep from projecting. You should seek help.

> � �Just try to

> > post something that isn't a personal attack and you will have less
> > chance of shooting yourself in the foot.
>
> Do you read any of the posts coming from your side of the debate, hypocrite?

Just remember what you did with honest constructive criticism. You
don't know what it is because you never engage in it. I pointed out
one of your major foibles. I put forward a perfectly reasonable means
where by you could limit indulging in such stupid behavior. What did
I get?

> > What a novel concept it must be to you. �Isn't it sad that you likely
> > don't even want to try to do it?
>
> And there you have it. Another content-free post from the same source.

What an idiot. You have just produced another content free post in
responding to some constructive criticism. Instead of doing the smart
thing, you just engage in more negative projection. How sad are you?

> > Ron Okimoto
>
> ...and learn to use a newsreader.

Just think if that was your only problem. What a loser.

Ron Okimoto

bpuharic

Jan 25, 2010, 6:51:51 PM1/25/10
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

>On Jan 25, 6:28�am, Mark Buchanan <marklynn.bucha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > heh.. relevant?
>>
>> > It is directly applicable
>>
>> It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading

>> the love of Jesus again. Did you and Nashton miss the the first part

>> of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
>> please.
>>

>> Mark
>
>Jesus did not tell us to be fools.

And you are one in spite of this.

bpuharic

Jan 25, 2010, 6:58:52 PM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:11:07 -0400, Nashton <na...@no.ca> wrote:

>Mark Buchanan wrote:

>>> heh.. relevant?
>>>
>>> It is directly applicable
>>
>> It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
>> the love of Jesus again.
>

>How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?

says the guy who knows that all scientists who are christians are
liars.

> Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
>> of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
>> please.
>

>I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
>Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
>his/her beliefs is also a part of it.

oh brother....the biggest and most powerful religion is christianity.
if it's persecuted, it's well hidden

>Bring it on.
>

>> Mark

bpuharic

Jan 25, 2010, 6:57:14 PM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:59:17 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

>On Jan 25, 11:51�am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>

>I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you, right
>idiot?

what roman historians?

Stuart

Jan 25, 2010, 7:01:11 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 12:26 pm, Vend <ven...@virgilio.it> wrote:
> On 25 Gen, 22:43, Stuart <bigdak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Possible. But Jesus is quoted as saying "Render unto Ceaser's what is
> > Ceaser's"
> > doesn't sound like something a nationalist would intone.
>
> Well, it depends.
> Not paying the taxes to the Romans or publicly suggesting not to pay
> would have been a severe offence.
>
> According to the Gospel, Jesus utters that phrase when he's
> specifically questioned by hostile questioners who attempted to trick
> him into saying something that would get him in trouble.

So Jesus lied?

Stuart

Desertphile

Jan 25, 2010, 8:17:24 PM1/25/10
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 11:51�am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>

> wrote:

> > Jesus didn't tell us anything: the people who created him did. And
> > they have him applauding foolishness, claiming wisdom is evil and
> > foolishness is the way to heaven.

> I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you

No Roman historians wrote anything about Jesus existing, therefore
they cannot have "lied" about Jesus any more than they cound have
not "lied" about him. Jesus does not show up in any Roman history.

But then you're a shit-head who did not know Christians created
Satan.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Desertphile

Jan 25, 2010, 8:24:12 PM1/25/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:57:14 -0500, bpuharic <wf...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Oh, you know.... Roman historians! The historains! (waving hands
around) Everyone knows about the Roman historians' writings about
Jesus! Never mind nobody can produce these writings---- they
exist, and only hate-filled bigots ask for evidence, swine!

Conan the bacterium

Jan 25, 2010, 9:06:42 PM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 6:17�pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:59:17 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
>
> <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 25, 11:51�am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> > wrote:
> > > Jesus didn't tell us anything: the people who created him did. And
> > > they have him applauding foolishness, claiming wisdom is evil and
> > > foolishness is the way to heaven.
> > I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you
>

> No Roman historians wrote anything about Jesus existing, therefore
> they cannot have "lied" about Jesus any more than they cound have
> not "lied" about him. Jesus does not show up in any Roman history.

One Roman historian, Josephus, is alleged to. However, there is
great scholarly debate whether the two passages possibly alluding
to Jesus were fabricated later, either in part or in their entirety.

In any event, Josephus wrote near the end of the first century,
which makes his putative writings even less contemporary
than the Gospels.

Conan

> But then you're a shit-head who did not know Christians created
> Satan.
>

> --http://desertphile.org

Eric Root

Jan 26, 2010, 12:22:23 AM1/26/10
On Jan 25, 2:39�pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 1:06 pm, Stuart <bigdak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>
> > > Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.
>
> > So Jesus was something of a jerk?
>
> > Jews who lived abroad would make their first stop back home at the
> > Temple
> > where they would pray and give thanks. That *money changers* set up
> > shop
> > there was for convenience. Thanks to Jesus, after returning from
> > abroad, tired and hungry,
> > Jews would have stay tired and hungry for some time longer.
>
> > Gee he was swell.
>
> > Stuart- Hide quoted text -

> They were changing money IN THE TEMPLE idiot.
>
> And yes. He was "swell"

No, they were changing money in the temple. If you put money in a
temple idiot, it would pass through unchanged.

Eric Root

Stuart

Jan 26, 2010, 2:30:44 AM1/26/10

My point being, there is not nearly enough of Jesus in his own words
to sort all of this out.

Stuart

Burkhard

Jan 26, 2010, 2:54:01 AM1/26/10
On 26 Jan, 02:06, Conan the bacterium

<deinococcus0radiodur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 6:17�pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:59:17 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
>
> > <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> > > I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you
>
> > No Roman historians wrote anything about Jesus existing, therefore
> > they cannot have "lied" about Jesus any more than they cound have
> > not "lied" about him. Jesus does not show up in any Roman history.
>
> One Roman historian, Josephus, is alleged to. �However, there is
> great scholarly debate whether the two passages possibly alluding
> to Jesus were fabricated later, either in part or in their entirety.
>
> In any event, Josephus wrote near the end of the first century,
> which makes his putative writings even less contemporary
> than the Gospels.
>
> Conan

It is also a bit debatable if the treacherous cur Yosef Ben Matityahu
was a _Roman_ historian, though he did his level best to ingratiate
himself with his new masters, and I think eventually acquired Roman
citizenship

Vend

Jan 26, 2010, 4:19:35 AM1/26/10

Agreed.

Mike Lyle

Jan 26, 2010, 11:33:55 AM1/26/10
Burkhard wrote:
[...]

> It is also a bit debatable if the treacherous cur Yosef Ben Matityahu
> was a _Roman_ historian, though he did his level best to ingratiate
> himself with his new masters, and I think eventually acquired Roman
> citizenship

One could, of course, choose to view him as a rather sensible character
in a world plagued with homicidal and suicidal maniacs...

--
Mike.

Desertphile

Jan 26, 2010, 11:35:38 AM1/26/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:06:42 -0800 (PST), Conan the bacterium
<deinococcus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 6:17�pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:59:17 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
> >
> > <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> > > I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you

> > No Roman historians wrote anything about Jesus existing, therefore
> > they cannot have "lied" about Jesus any more than they cound have
> > not "lied" about him. Jesus does not show up in any Roman history.

> One Roman historian, Josephus, is alleged to. However, there is
> great scholarly debate whether the two passages possibly alluding
> to Jesus were fabricated later, either in part or in their entirety.

That is not debated among historians: it's only "debated" by
Christian religious fanatics.

Desertphile

Jan 26, 2010, 11:36:28 AM1/26/10

Believers don't care what Jesus is supposed to have said: they
know what Jesus REALLY meant and thought and did.

Jeffrey Turner

Jan 26, 2010, 5:13:36 PM1/26/10
Nashton wrote:
> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your
> pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and
> turn and tear you to pieces."
>
> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.

It does, it does. But you pigs keep showing up anyway. And this
diverts you from froups where real science is discussed.

--Jeff

--
Is man one of God's blunders or
is God one of man's?

heekster

Jan 26, 2010, 5:18:59 PM1/26/10
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:39:11 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

>On Jan 25, 1:06�pm, Stuart <bigdak...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>>
>> > Jesus beat the money changers out of the temple too.
>>
>> So Jesus was something of a jerk?
>>
>> Jews who lived abroad would make their first stop back home at the
>> Temple
>> where they would pray and give thanks. That *money changers* set up
>> shop
>> there was for convenience. Thanks to Jesus, after returning from
>> abroad, tired and hungry,
>> Jews would have stay tired and hungry for some time longer.
>>
>> Gee he was swell.
>>
>> Stuart- Hide quoted text -

>They were changing money IN THE TEMPLE idiot.

So that's how you got your money.

Burkhard

Jan 26, 2010, 6:03:01 PM1/26/10
On Jan 26, 4:33�pm, "Mike Lyle" <mike_lyle...@REMOVETHISyahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
One could - had he not been a minor leader of just such a group of
homicidal and suicidal maniacs, fallen out with the other leaders
because they did not recognise his superiority at being a hoimicidal
and suicidal maniac, eventually killing (arguably) most members of
his group as a sort of dowry for his formr enemies/new employers...

Nashton

Jan 26, 2010, 7:22:21 PM1/26/10
Ron O wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2:08 pm, Nashton <n...@no.ca> wrote:
>> Ron O wrote:
>>> More projection NashT. Why is it that you think of yourself as that
>>> type of dog or swine. Isn't it obvious even to yourself that you are
>>> the one that tramples the pearls that you don't even want to
>>> understand? Have you looked into projection? You can't even stop
>>> yourself after repeatedly being informed about what you are doing.
>>> You could need help.
>> Thank you, Freud.
>>

>>> One thing that you might try to keep yourself from doing it is to
>>> actually put up some relevant argument instead of claiming to point
>>> out the foibles of other participants.
>> That would be one way to keep
>>
>>> from projecting your own basketcase life onto others.
>> Smug little bastard.
>
> Can't keep from projecting. You should seek help.

So you're the one judging me and I'm the smug one?
Do you ever think over the garbage that you post?

>> Just try to
>>
>>> post something that isn't a personal attack and you will have less
>>> chance of shooting yourself in the foot.
>> Do you read any of the posts coming from your side of the debate, hypocrite?
>
> Just remember what you did with honest constructive criticism. You
> don't know what it is because you never engage in it. I pointed out
> one of your major foibles. I put forward a perfectly reasonable means
> where by you could limit indulging in such stupid behavior. What did
> I get?

Irrelevant, as usual.

>>> What a novel concept it must be to you. Isn't it sad that you likely
>>> don't even want to try to do it?
>> And there you have it. Another content-free post from the same source.
>
> What an idiot. You have just produced another content free post in
> responding to some constructive criticism. Instead of doing the smart
> thing, you just engage in more negative projection. How sad are you?

Well, you would say something like that, wouldn't you?

>>> Ron Okimoto
>> ...and learn to use a newsreader.
>
> Just think if that was your only problem. What a loser.

And you still can't use a newsreader.

> Ron Okimoto

guscubed

Jan 26, 2010, 8:34:06 PM1/26/10
On Jan 26, 4:59�am, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 11:51�am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:38:30 -0800 (PST), All-seeing-I

> > <ap...@email.com> wrote:

> > > Jesus did not tell us to be fools.
>
> > Jesus didn't tell us anything: the people who created him did. And
> > they have him applauding foolishness, claiming wisdom is evil and
> > foolishness is the way to heaven.
>
> > --http://desertphile.org

> > Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
> > "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz- Hide quoted text -

> I suppose the Roman Historians made up Jesus just to lie to you, right
> idiot?

Name ONE contemporary Roman historian who mentions Jesus.

John McKendry

Jan 26, 2010, 10:09:30 PM1/26/10

Name one contemporary Roman historian who mentions the province of
Judaea at all. If that's too hard, name one contemporary Roman
historian. You can refer to the list at
(URL is one line)

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/greekhistorians/
p/081309GreekHistorians.htm

if you're having trouble coming up with names.

John

*Hemidactylus*

Jan 27, 2010, 12:04:07 AM1/27/10
On 01/26/2010 11:36 AM, Desertphile wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:30:44 -0800 (PST), Stuart
> <bigd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So Jesus lied?
>>>
>>> Stuart
>
>> My point being, there is not nearly enough of Jesus in his own words
>> to sort all of this out.
>
> Believers don't care what Jesus is supposed to have said: they
> know what Jesus REALLY meant and thought and did.

Crybaby Tebow has irritated me enough to cheer on any linebacker who
faces him in the NFL wearing his biblical cheek adornments. Sack! Sack!
Sack! Sack!

--
~it ends here~
*Hemidactylus*

*Hemidactylus*

Jan 27, 2010, 12:08:55 AM1/27/10
On 01/25/2010 02:36 PM, Boikat wrote:
> On Jan 25, 1:11 pm, Nashton<n...@no.ca> wrote:
>> Mark Buchanan wrote:

>>> It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
>>> the love of Jesus again.
>>
>> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?
>>
>> Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
>>
>>> of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
>>> please.
>>
>> I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
>> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
>> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.
>
> Maybe if you all didn't come across as arrogant, and ignorant,
> assholes, you wouldn't be so "persecuted". But then again,
> persecution is your goal.
>

>> Bring it on.
>
> You're an asshole. Happy now?
>
> (P.S. Self inflicted persecution points don't count for squat.)

Tim Tebow is being persecuted for his beliefs re: pending Superbowl
commercial. Yet he didn't suffer squaring off against this guy (Barrow):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpDNr-2JIDw

Lucky that.

*Hemidactylus*

Jan 27, 2010, 12:27:09 AM1/27/10
On 01/25/2010 02:11 PM, Nashton wrote:
> Mark Buchanan wrote:

>>> heh.. relevant?
>>>
>>> It is directly applicable
>>
>> It's so nice to see the creationists being so nice - just spreading
>> the love of Jesus again.
>
> How do you know what a specific Christian feels about another individual?
>
> Did you and Nashton miss the the first part
>> of Matthew 7. Take a close look at the first two words of verse 5
>> please.
>
> I see you're reading your Bible. Good.
> Exposing swine is part of what a Christian does. Being persecuted for
> his/her beliefs is also a part of it.
>
> Bring it on.

Will you cry like this whiney wittle baby?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMV_fig6hM&feature=related

Ahhhhh...

[sniflle]

guscubed

Jan 27, 2010, 1:09:22 AM1/27/10

Point taken.

Suetonious, although not a contemporary per se, was born within living
memory of the supposed death of Jesus and wrote extensively on the
recent history of the Caesars and the Roman Empire in 'De Vita
Caesarum'. He mentions Christians being persecuted by Nero, but no
mention of Christ.

How about Tacitus? Although he lived a generation or two after Jesus
was supposed to have lived his 'Annals' covered exactly the period
where Jesus would have been active, crucified, risen again etc. There
is mention of Christians being blamed by Nero for the fire of Rome,
but I believe that the authenticity of this account is doubtful,
mostly because in the account attributed to Tacitus he mistakenly
gives Pilate the rank of "procurator" a mistake possibly carried over
from a mistranslation of Josephus account of the time. Later in the
Annals, Tacitus tells us that only after the death of Herod Agrippa
did procurators have administrative power in Judea.

Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger would have also have bracketed
this time period, and although not historians per se might have
mentioned something about a demigod and his followers.

Ron O

Jan 27, 2010, 7:42:57 AM1/27/10

I made a valid observation, and put up something real and doable that
you could do to help fix your problem. You just came up with your
usual personal attacks that pretty much reflect what you are, not what
the person that you are attacking is. That is projection. I've given
you the wiki link, and you should look into it. In your case it seems
to be pathological.

> >> � �Just try to

> >> Do you read any of the posts coming from your side of the debate, hypocrite?
>
> > Just remember what you did with honest constructive criticism. �You
> > don't know what it is because you never engage in it. �I pointed out
> > one of your major foibles. �I put forward a perfectly reasonable means
> > where by you could limit indulging in such stupid behavior. �What did
> > I get?
>
> Irrelevant, as usual.

To the guy that is trying to claim that he doesn't have the problem
and someone else does. What a bonehead. What would be more relevant?

> >> And there you have it. Another content-free post from the same source.
>
> > What an idiot. �You have just produced another content free post in
> > responding to some constructive criticism. �Instead of doing the smart
> > thing, you just engage in more negative projection. �How sad are you?
>
> Well, you would say something like that, wouldn't you?

The truth is something that you run from. Why is that? Dismissing it
with a one liner should tell you something about yourself.

> >> ...and learn to use a newsreader.
>
> > Just think if that was your only problem. �What a loser.
>
> And you still can't use a newsreader.

Talk about irrelevant. If that was your only problem just imagine how
different this exchange would be. What a total loser. Beams and dust
motes. Why not try my suggestion and see if you can stop projecting
your own worthless self onto the newsgroup. At least, before you
engage in a stupid personal attack when you have nothing to add to the
discussion, think about what you are before you post it and maybe you
can stop yourself. Probably won't help, because projection does seem
pathological in your case.

Ron Okimoto

David Hare-Scott

Jan 27, 2010, 3:55:50 PM1/27/10
Nashton wrote:
> David Hare-Scott wrote:

>> Nashton wrote:
>>> Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw
>>> your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their
>>> feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
>>>
>>> Every time I connect to this ng, this passage seams relevant.
>>
>> What would Matthew have to say about the arrogance of those who
>> imagine they are better than others despite evidence to the contrary?
>
> You tell me, you're the one that's paranoid.

Paranoia: a psychological disorder characterised by delusions of persecution
or grandeur.

This is coming from the man who led off with a quote which implies that his
words and thoughts are too good for the rest of us. Oh irony!

What a sad little nebish to have to seek self aggrandisement in this way.

David

Mike Painter

Jan 27, 2010, 8:08:57 PM1/27/10
Eric Root wrote:

>> They were changing money IN THE TEMPLE idiot.
>>
>> And yes. He was "swell"
>
> No, they were changing money in the temple. If you put money in a
> temple idiot, it would pass through unchanged.

No, they were changing money in the forecourt of the temple, an absolute
necessity.

It has ben suggested that if this actually happened it is the reason Christ
was killed. Suicide by cop. It would have been an insane act and his death
would have been supported by all.
It explains why the Romans didn't do with this messiah, what it did with
others of the time, hunt down and kill all the disciples.
Asimov argues this is evidence that such a person actually existed as it was
beyond the imagination of any writer at the time.
It also fits with Ernst K�semann's "double criterion of difference in
evaluating the historical reliability of the synoptic gospels. Put simply,
what is historically reliable about Jesus can be deduced from material about
Jesus which is neither plausible in a first-century Jewish nor an early
Christian context."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_K%C3%A4semann