WELCOME TO HEAVEN -- Atheists, Please Take the DOWN Elevator .

Good Gawd!

Aug 11, 2009, 7:32:49 PM8/11/09
<
UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
<
This is an updated alphabetic lineup of somewhat "famous"
people who have professed they are 'atheist' or 'godless'
or "lacking theistic belief."
<
A few, however, are simply obnoxious, know-it-all assholes.
<
http://www.sacredspace.ie/images/latestspace/latestspace4_god_at_his_computer.jpg
Forrest J. Ackerman
Douglas Adams
Phillip Adams
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Brandy Alexandre
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Tariq Ali
Woody Allen
Shulamit Aloni
Thomas J. Altizer
Natalie Angier
Lance Armstrong
Liv Arnesen
Madison Arnold
Darren Aronofsky
Isaac Asimov
Peter William Atkins
Kevin Bacon
Julian Baggini
Russell Baker
J.G. Ballard
Iain M. Banks
Clive Barker
Dan Barker
MC Paul Barman
Dave Barry
Richard Bartle
Bill Bass
Glenn Beck
Steve Benson
Ingmar Bergman
Pierre Berton
Matt Besser
Paul Bettany
Bjrk
Susan Blackmore
Bill Blass
Jim Bohanan
Boikot
Sir Herman Bondi
Pierre Boulez
T. Coraghessan Boyle
Nathaniel Branden
Marlon Brando
<
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.deepfly.org/TheNeighborhood/HubbleUltraDeepViewFornax.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.deepfly.org/TheNeighborhood/2-UltraDeep.html&usg=__ttxxPUyUlJ-invJh8eHvPOaHK44=&h=464&w=970&sz=124&hl=en&start=1&sig2=8mxZSwYvOh29zcXrpmM57A&tbnid=Bj_23RlzCZnhCM:&tbnh=71&tbnw=149&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhubble%2Bultra%2Bview%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN&ei=ss9-SrnWGZrSmgP--6SEAghttp://www.deepfly.org/TheNeighborhood/HubbleUltraDeepViewFornax.jpg
<
http://www.deepfly.org/TheNeighborhood/HubbleUltraDeepViewFornax.jpg
<
Richard Branson
Berkeley Breathed
Julia Hartley Brewer
Marcus Brigstocke
Isaac Brock
Rodney Brooks
Andrew Brown
Derren Brown
Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite
Sen. Max Brucus
Peter Buck
Georgie W. Bush
Gabriel Byrne
John Byrne
Dean Cameron
Mike Carey
George Carlin
John Carmack
Adam Carolla
John Carpenter
Asia Carrera
Bob Casanova
Fidel Castro
Stephen Chapman
Dov Charney
Vic Chesnutt
Noam Chomsky
Mohammed Choukri
Robin Christopher
Chumbawamba
Alexander Cockburn
Billy Connolly
John Conway
Ann "Dochebag" Coulter
<
http://atheistblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/there-is-no-god.jpg
<
http://www.success.co.il/knowledge/images/Pillar2-Supernatural-GodCreates-Man-Sistine-Chapel.jpg
<
Alex Cox
Wayne Coyne
Francis Crick
David Cronenberg
David Cross
Alan Cumming
Justin Currie
Ron Dakron
Rodney Dangerfield
Julia Darling
Russell T Davies
Mark Jonathan Davis
William B. Davis
Richard Dawkins
Jeff Dee
Daniel Dennett
Desertphile
David Deutsch
Ani DiFranco
Micky Dolenz
Amanda Donohoe
Phil Donahue
Natalie Dormer
Roddy Doyle
Christopher Eccleston
Dean Edell
Jonathan Edwards
Paul Edwards
Greg Egan
Barbara Ehrenreich
Paul Ehrlich
Albert Ellis
Bret Easton Ellis
Warren Ellis
Harlan Ellison
William Empson
Garth Ennis
Brian Eno
Hugh Everett
Oriana Fallaci
Diane Farr
David Feherty
Jules Feiffer
Larry Fessenden
Ludwig Andreas von Feuerbach
Richard Feynman
Harvey Fierstein
Bob Fingerman
Reginald Finley
Brian Flemming
Larry Flynt
Dario Fo
Dave Foley
Alan Follett -- the rotten bastard who posted this reply on
alt.obituaries:
<
==============
<
<
> "Wozzat? You mean, this isn't actually from Him?
<
< Waitabit, let me check the headers . . . Whoa, sure isn't!
<
< "There seems to one missing entry, nder C."
<
=================
<
James Forman
Jodie Foster
John Fowles
Robin Lane Fox
Stephen Fry
Noel Gallagher
Janeane Garofalo
Bob Geldof
Jack Germond
Ricky Gervais
Prabhir Ghosh
David Gilmour
Ira Glass
James Gleick
Jean Luc Godard
Rev. Bart Gordon

Theo van Gogh
Al Goldstein
Nadine Gordimer
Michael Goudeau
Greg Graffin
Richard E. Grant
A. C. Grayling
Stephen Greenblatt
Susan Greenfield
Germaine Greer
David Iain Greig (moderator, talk.origins)
Kathy Griffin
Rachel Griffiths
Joe Haldeman
Kathleen Hanna
Sean "Ins" Hannity
Yip Harburg
Sam Harris
Harry Harrison
John Harshman
Nina Hartley
Roy Hattersley
James A. Haught
Bill Hayden
Judith Hayes
Stan Hayes
Robert Heinlein
Nat Hentoff
Katharine Hepburn
Richard Herring
Paul Hester
Christopher Hitchens
Philip Hobsbaum
Douglas Hofstadter
Jerry Holkins
Ted Honderich
General Choi Hong-Hi
Sidney Hook
Derek Humphry
<
http://www.bartcop.com/cheney-arrest.jpg
<
Donald Imus
Mark Isaac
Eddie Izzard
Penn Jillette
Billy Joel
Angelina Jolie
Kirk Jones
Lionel Jospin
Rudolph Juliani
Joachim Kahl
Wendy Kaminer
Alex Kapranos
Jonathan Katz
Dawna Kaufmann
Kawaljeet Kaur
Diane Keaton
Ken Keeler
Ludovic Kennedy
Kermit
Kevin Kline
Skandar Keynes
Eli Khamarov
Margot Kidder
Kim Il-Sung
Florence King
Neil Kinnock
W. P. Kinsella
Michael Kinsley
Melvin Konner
Frank Kozik
Kramer
Paul Krassner
Ron Kuby
Milan Kundera
Paul Kurtz
Ring Lardner Jr.
Hugh Laurie
Mr. Lavanam
Cloris Leachman
Richard Leakey
Alexander I. Lebed
<
HOW TO IDENTIFY OBNOXIOUS KNOW-IT-ALL ASSHOLES
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/SaveTheWhale.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/TightFit.jpg
<
Bruce Lee
Stewart Lee
Tom Lehrer
Mike Leigh
Stanislaw Lem
Vladimir Lenin
Gerda Lerner
Michael Lewis
Mark Levin
Tom Leykis
Rush Hudson "Boss" Limbaugh III
Sen. Blanche Lincoln
James Lipton
Denis Loubet
H.P. Lovecraft
Arjen Lucassen
Heather Mac Donald
Seth MacFarlane
Michelle Malkin
John Malkovich
Mike Malloy
'Manda
Barry Manilow
Shirley Manson
Mao Zedong
Alan Mann
Michael Martin
Karl Marx
Nick Mason
Armistead Maupin
John McCarthy
Sen. Mitch McConnell
Malachy McCourt
Evelyn McDonnell
Ian McEwan
Todd McFarlane
Montana McGlynn
Sir Ian McKellen
Alexander McQueen
Butterfly McQueen
Jonathan Meades
Antonio Mendoza
Stephen Merchant
Tom Metzger
China Mi
Arthur Miller
<
http://www.panweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/eye_of_god.jpg
<
Dennis Miller
Frank Miller
Jonathan Miller
Louann Miller
Mike Mills
Tim Minchin
Marvin Minsky
Warren Mitchell
John Money
Hans Moravec
Henry Morgentaler
Desmond Morris
James Morrow
John Mortimer
Markos 'Kos' Moulitsas Z
Frank Mullen
Cillian Murphy
Ruppert Murdoch
Paul (PZ) Myers
Taslima Nasrin
Ramendra Nath
Ted Nelson
Randy Newman
Mike Nichols
Jack Nicholson
Kai Nielsen
Oscar Niemeyer
Friedrich Nietzsche
Robert Nozick
Gary Numan
Ronald Numbers
Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Bob Odenkirk
William James "Bill O" O'Reilly, Jr.
Patton Oswalt
Happy Oyster
Sarah Palin (Or is it Failin'?)
Camille Paglia
Andy Partridge
Mark Pauline
Leonard Peikoff
Paul Pfalzner
Julia Phillips
Joaquin Phoenix
Ferdinand Piech
Steven Pinker
Brad Pitt
Neal Pollack
Sarah Polley
Katha Pollitt
Paula Poundstone

http://www.joriso.nl/data/images/cartoons/god_2.jpg
<
Austin Powers
Vladimir Pozner
Terry Pratchett
Paul Provenza
Robin Quivers
Daniel Radcliffe
Justin Raimondo
Ayn Rand
James Randi
Ray Romano
Karl Rove
Ron Reagan Jr.
Rick Reynolds
Griff Rhys-Jones
Mordecai Richler
Christopher Ricks
Matt Ridley
Brian Ritchie
Brad Roberts
Chris Robinson
Gene Roddenberry
Richard Rodgers
Joe Rogan
Neil Rogers
Henry Rollins
Andy Rooney
Richard Rorty
Arundhati Roy
Jane Rule
Donald Rumsfeld
Salman Rushdie
Douglas Rushkoff
Bertrand Russell
Karen Russell
Oliver Sacks
Mona Sahlin
Sebasti
Sandbox
Robert Sapolsky
Jos
Pamela Sargent
Max Sawicky
John Sayles
Arthur Schopenhauer
Tom Schulman
Eugenie Scott
Captain Sensible
Nick Seymour
Omar Sharif
<
http://www.vc-collectibles.com/Three-Stooges-CHUCK.jpg
<
Stooge Brothers -- Moe. Larry and Curley
Robert I. Sherman
Michael Shermer
Matt Silbertstein
Robert Silverberg
Sarah Silverman
Bob Simon
Claude Simon
Simplot, J.R.
Joe Simpson
Peter Singer
Marie Skodowska-Curie
Slayer
J.J.C. Smart
Smiler (The Godless One)
<
===================
<
(You know instantly the direction The Godless One is going
when you see how he insulted me in the Atheism vs. Christianity
Forum. . . )
<
> Good Gawd! wrote:
<
<< This is an alphabetic lineup of somewhat "famous" people
<< who have professed they are 'atheist' or 'godless' or "lacking
<< theistic belief."
<
<< A few, however, are simply obnoxious, know-it-all assholes.
<< . . . called Ed Conrad.
<
=================
<
Robert Smith
George H. Smith
Robert Smith
Lee Smolin
Steven Soderbergh
Todd Solondz
Annika Sorenstam
George Soros
Joseph Stalin
Richard Stallman
Victor Stenger
Bruce Sterling
Howard Stern
J. Michael Straczynski
Ken Stringfellow
Julia Sweeney
Matthew Sweet
James Taranto
Teller
Studs Terkel
Louis Theroux
Sen, John Thune
Pat Tillman
Tom Tomorrow
Tool
Linus Torvalds
Donald Trump
Solomon Tulbure
Ted Turner
Dana Tweedy
Bill Tytla
Uncle Al
Eddie Vedder
Paul Verhoeven
Gore Vidal
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Sarah Vowell
Matt Wagner
Annika Walter
Harry Waters
W.T.S.
<
Philosophy (smwil...@tpg.com.au) of Queensland, Australia, who
responded quite nastily to this posting and therefore has been
added to the list . . .
<
< "So you like talking for your non-existent god . . .
< You arrogant prick . . . ,
<
< " Don't you realize that you are taking the place
< of the so-called being you claim to worship?
<
(What a horse's ass! He forgot to cap the B.)
<
Roger Waters
James Watson
Peter Watts
Steven Weinberg
Gene Weingarten
Joss Whedon
Earl Wild
Gene Wilder
Harland Williams
Sean Williams
Ian Wilmut
John S. Wilkins
Rabbi Sherwin T. Wine
Tom Wolfe
Lewis Wolpert
Steve Wozniak
Bruce Wright
Ye Old One
Irvin D. Yalom
Frank Zappa
Zarkov
Nick Zedd.
<
EXTRATERRESTRIAL RESPONDS TO ED CONRAD'S EDITORIAL
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med/msg/0caff53167f42cb2
<
ED CONRAD STILL RESOLVING GREAT MYSTERIES OF LIFE
http://groups.google.com/group/news.groups/msg/8d7ba62da10b842f
<
==================
<
DEATH DOES NOT EXIST
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/Miracle.jpg
http://edconrad.com/lifeafterdeath
<
MAN AS OLD AS COAL
http://www.edconrad.com
<
EVOLUTIONISTS IN SELF-DENIAL ABOUT
DISCOVERY OF PETRIFIED BONES, ETC.
(SOME HUMAN) BETWEEN COAL VEINS
<
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/OldestHumanSkull.JPG
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/FINGERSx.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/z8femur.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/FOSSILS08/HumanFemur.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/HumanBrain.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/skullb.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/Skullx.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/Skully,jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/SkullBoulderSide.jpg
<
Petrified human skull embedded in boulder is shown
while on display at an international exhibit in Switzerland.
<
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/SwitzerlandExhibit1.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/SwitzerlandExhibit2.jpg
<
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/TestResults.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/newtibia.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/zedjaw.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/HumanJaw3.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/GallBladder1.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/GallBladder2.jpg
<
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/OldestTool.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/PetrifiedPP.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/FirstDiscovery.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/MoreFossils.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/InSlate3.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/InSlate2.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/InSlate11.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/Fetus8.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/Scorpion.jpg
<
=================
<
Lin Liangtai's Web Page
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lin440315
<
Ed Conrad (rear) and his albino wolf named Blue.
http://www.edconrad.com/pics/EdnBlue.JPG
<
====================
<

Caranx latus

Aug 11, 2009, 8:05:57 PM8/11/09
Good Gawd! wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
> <
> This is an updated alphabetic lineup of somewhat "famous"
> people who have professed they are 'atheist' or 'godless'
> or "lacking theistic belief."
> <
> A few, however, are simply obnoxious, know-it-all assholes.

This is a new tack for you, Ed. I suppose you've given up trying to sell
your fossils now that you've managed to thoroughly hook Lin Liangti.

<snip screed>

Boikat

Aug 11, 2009, 8:18:46 PM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 6:32 pm, "Good Gawd!" <conspiracies.101.102....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
> <
> This is an updated alphabetic lineup of somewhat "famous"
> people who have professed they are 'atheist' or 'godless'
> or "lacking theistic belief."
> <
> A few, however, are simply obnoxious, know-it-all assholes.
> <http://www.sacredspace.ie/images/latestspace/latestspace4_god_at_his_...
<snip>

> Jim Bohanan
> Boikot

Please add my name between Jim Bohanan and Boikot.

Thank you ever so much.

As mark Twain said, "Heaven for the view, Hell for the company."

Boikat

Burkhard

Aug 11, 2009, 8:24:46 PM8/11/09
On 12 Aug, 00:32, "Good Gawd!" <conspiracies.101.102....@gmail.com>
wrote:
<snip>

prffffft.If we are not allowed into you stupid heaven, then we simply
make one of our own, and it's going to be way better than yours, with
beer fountains and all, and _you_ won't be allowed in . Nyayyaya
Nyayaya

Will in New Haven

Aug 11, 2009, 8:30:58 PM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 7:32 pm, "Good Gawd!" <conspiracies.101.102....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> <

> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN

snipped a post from an asshole who can't do a properly alphabetized
list and thinks he (or she) has the power to condemn people to Hell.
If God gave this moron any power, then we have a deity with no sense
of responsibility and really sloppy hiring practices.

--
Will in New Haven
"If there are gods, they do not help, and justice belongs to the

John Harshman

Aug 11, 2009, 8:51:31 PM8/11/09
Good Gawd! wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN

Two comments:

1. I'm famous! I'm famous!

2. Chumbawumba?

Hey, is this Ed?

John Harshman

Aug 11, 2009, 8:54:42 PM8/11/09
Good Gawd! wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN

By the way, it appears that a number of fictional characters will be
sent to hell. Austin Powers, for example. But under what circumstances
could he be said to have died? Does he have to be killed off at the end
of a movie?

Greg G.

Aug 11, 2009, 9:03:01 PM8/11/09

In the latest draft, beer fountains are out and beer volcanoes are in.

Boikat

Aug 11, 2009, 9:02:58 PM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 7:51 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

Yup.

Boikat

Boikat

Aug 11, 2009, 9:07:19 PM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 7:54 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

Tanking at the Box Office usually does the trick. Ever heard of
"Pistachio Disguisey"? (Shudder) May he R. I. P!

Boikat

Chris

Aug 11, 2009, 9:19:07 PM8/11/09
wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
> <
> Pat Tillman

What did Pat Tillman do, other than get mowed down by his own troops
in a horrible accident?

Chris

Jeffrey Turner

Aug 11, 2009, 9:36:48 PM8/11/09

Changed his opinion of Bush's glorious project to "help" Afghanistan?

--Jeff

--
The comfort of the wealthy has always
depended upon an abundant supply of

John Harshman

Aug 11, 2009, 10:11:44 PM8/11/09

No. Is he on the list?

J.J. O'Shea

Aug 11, 2009, 10:09:34 PM8/11/09
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:19:07 -0400, Chris wrote
(in article
<80478a5c-df4a-4856...@26g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>):

1 he was an atheist, and therefore, according to some, damned

2 I'd not be too sure that it was an accident. As far back as the days of the
Roman legions, 'tis said that sometimes javelins fly in funny directions
during combat... (Proof? Wha' be tha'? Ain't got none. But see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman> and
<http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/27/pat.tillman/index.html>. I know what I
_think_ happened.)

Paul Ciszek

Aug 11, 2009, 10:57:18 PM8/11/09
Ann Coulter? Ann "Force them all to convert to Christianity" Coulter is
an atheist? Can anyone confirm this?

Though I suppose if you really hated someone, forcing them to convert
to Christianity would be one way to punish them...

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

Boikat

Aug 11, 2009, 11:15:55 PM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 9:11 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>

It's best you don't know. But if you're ever bored and feel the need
to damage your brain without the aid of noxious potions or sledge
hammers to the noggin, rent "Master of Disguise", staring Dana Carvy,
James Brolin and Brent Spiner.... I give you five minutes before you
stop the DVD and start watching the Cartoon Channel, then work your
way up to the National Geographic Channel to repair the damage.

Boikat

Ron O

Aug 11, 2009, 11:24:04 PM8/11/09
wrote:
> <
SNIP:

Ed would start posting. Now it is a toss up as to whether the quality
of posters on the anti-evolution side went up or down.

How sad is that. When has it ever been this bad? Om, Tapestry et al,
NashT, Ray and Ed.

Ron Okimoto

Boikat

Aug 12, 2009, 12:28:35 AM8/12/09

McNameless and the Jabber-monkey could always return.

Boikat

Jeffrey Turner

Aug 12, 2009, 2:50:57 AM8/12/09
Paul Ciszek wrote:
> Ann Coulter? Ann "Force them all to convert to Christianity" Coulter is
> an atheist? Can anyone confirm this?

How much does it pay? I suspect there's more money in Christianity.

> Though I suppose if you really hated someone, forcing them to convert
> to Christianity would be one way to punish them...

Too much thinking involved for Coulter.

rossum

Aug 12, 2009, 4:55:59 AM8/12/09
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:32:49 -0700 (PDT), "Good Gawd!"
<conspiracies...@gmail.com> wrote:

> WELCOME TO HEAVEN

I prefer "Welcome to Hell": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGrQMD6Uqc

rossum

Ron O

Aug 12, 2009, 7:09:20 AM8/12/09

With ed, Tapestry, Om, Ray and NashT posting McNameless might raise
the level of creationist posting. Jabbers would likely lower it a
bit, but not by much.

Ron Okimoto

stew dean

Aug 12, 2009, 7:46:02 AM8/12/09
On Aug 12, 12:32 am, "Good Gawd!" <conspiracies.101.102....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
> <

Good to see you're still crazy Ed.

Here's my thinking....

If there is a god and a heaven that are worth believing in then all
'good' folks will go up there.

If, on the other hand, it's just a matter of if you believe in
something and god is a right wing religious bigot, then I'm not
interested. A place run like that is not going to be much fun and hell
may, in reality, be better. After all who is more evil, god or the
devil. If you judge by gods PR he really does paint it as a nasty
place, but if you judge it by the devils actions the bible - well
compared to god the devil isn't a bad chap. He does a lot less killing
(only a handful compared to all of humanity except for a handful) and
in general does less downright evil stuff to people who often don't
deserve it (we're talking old testament here).

So either god is a great guy and you're wrong (and I don't need to
believe in god to gain entrance, just not be nasty to people) or
you're right and heaven is not going to be as advertised, it'll be
more like LAX airport, lots of fat bigots, bad decoration, unhelpful
staff and a selection of different types of fat cooked crap to eat.

I can say I've lived a good life so if god won't let me in because I
picked the wrong god - well - statistically speaking - the chances are
that you have as well. There have been many thousands of gods folks
have believed in - those are bad odds. I kind of figure god will be
more likely to let me in if I don't worship someone other than him -
judging by the commandments anyway. Therefore, odds wise, I'm more
likely to get into a heaven if it exists according to one of the world
religions.

Chris

Aug 12, 2009, 8:30:57 AM8/12/09
On Aug 12, 7:46 am, stew dean <stewd...@gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I can say I've lived a good life so if god won't let me in because I
> picked the wrong god - well - statistically speaking - the chances are
> that you have as well. There have been many thousands of gods folks
> have believed in - those are bad odds. I kind of figure god will be
> more likely to let me in if I don't worship someone other than him -
> judging by the commandments anyway. Therefore, odds wise, I'm more
> likely to get into a heaven if it exists according to one of the world
> religions.

Maybe the gods divvy up your soul after you die. If you were an
atheist, none of your soul goes to any god. If you were a believer,
then the god you believed in gets the lion's share of your soul, but
all the other gods get a chunk too. If you believed in some other god
a little bit that tiny chunk might get into that god's heaven,
otherwise, while part of you is basking in one god's heaven, another
chunk of you is roasting/freezing/being consumed by demons/whatever in
some other god's notion of hell.

Chris

Tristan Miller

Aug 12, 2009, 9:41:15 AM8/12/09
Greetings.

In article
<1d3ab576-33f2-4477...@z31g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, Good

Gawd! wrote:
> Ed Conrad (rear) and his albino wolf named Blue.
> http://www.edconrad.com/pics/EdnBlue.JPG

No way is that an albino. For that matter, it isn't even clear that it's a
wolf.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller >< Space is limited

Kermit

Aug 12, 2009, 10:16:45 AM8/12/09

What did he *do?!

He was an atheist! Simply giving up a multimillion dollar sports
career to serve and die as a warrior for his country is no indication
of character. Nope, he has to *believe the right things, preferably
some fantastic events with murky meanings, asserted by a street corner
preacher with no evidence.

And if you choose the wrong unsupported assertion, may the good Lord /
Lady / Divine consortium of Powers That Be have mercy on his soul.

Kermit

Kermit

Aug 12, 2009, 10:21:04 AM8/12/09
On Aug 12, 6:41 am, Tristan Miller <psychon...@nothingisreal.com>
wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> In article
> <1d3ab576-33f2-4477-9a3b-2024a9aad...@z31g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, Good

> Gawd! wrote:
> > Ed Conrad (rear) and his albino wolf named Blue.
> >http://www.edconrad.com/pics/EdnBlue.JPG
>
> No way is that an albino.  For that matter, it isn't even clear that it's a
> wolf.

That's one of those rare black-nosed albinos.

> Regards,
> Tristan
>
> --
>    _
>   _V.-o         Tristan Miller          ><  Space is limited
>  / |`-'  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-  <>  In a haiku, so it's hard
> (7_\\    http://www.nothingisreal.com/ ><  To finish what you

Kermit

raven1

Aug 12, 2009, 10:21:45 AM8/12/09
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 02:57:18 +0000 (UTC), nos...@nospam.com (Paul
Ciszek) wrote:

>Ann Coulter? Ann "Force them all to convert to Christianity" Coulter is
>an atheist? Can anyone confirm this?

I suspect that she falls into the "obnoxious, know-it-all assholes"
category.

Kermit

Aug 12, 2009, 10:26:52 AM8/12/09
On Aug 11, 4:32 pm, "Good Gawd!" <conspiracies.101.102....@gmail.com>

wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
> <
> This is an updated alphabetic lineup of somewhat "famous"
> people who have professed they are 'atheist' or 'godless'
> or "lacking theistic belief."
<snip>
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I'm surprised to hear that an alleged elected president of a Muslim
country openly admits to being secular. Have a cite?

> MAN AS OLD AS COALhttp://www.edconrad.com

No, Ed. Modern humans are about 200,000 years old, maybe a bit less.
Oldest almost-humans go back just a few million years, tops.

<snip>
Kermit

Inez

Aug 12, 2009, 11:10:50 AM8/12/09
On Aug 11, 5:54 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

It is only reasonable for fictional characters to inhabit a fictional
place.

Klaus Hellnick

Aug 13, 2009, 9:14:35 PM8/13/09

I would settle for a house full of electronic gadgets, a morphing
motorcycle, a vertical takeoff flying car with full life support and
interstellar drive, an ale creek, an espresso pond, a mixed orchard of
pretzel trees, and lotsa female types.

XaurreauX

Aug 13, 2009, 11:29:47 PM8/13/09

wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T
> BE SMILING DOWN ON YOU FROM HEAVEN
> <
Please add me to this list!

XaurreauX

Will in New Haven

Klaus Hellnick

Aug 14, 2009, 2:07:29 PM8/14/09

Yes. It would be nice to be reunited with Rusty, Max, Kitty, and Kissy.
Kissy got killed 2 weeks ago.

Susan Silberstein

Aug 16, 2009, 11:28:03 PM8/16/09
On Aug 14, 11:07 am, Klaus Hellnick <khelln...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Will in New Haven wrote:

> >> I would settle for a house full of electronic gadgets, a morphing
> >> motorcycle, a vertical takeoff flying car with full life support and
> >> interstellar drive, an ale creek, an espresso pond, a mixed orchard of
> >> pretzel trees, and lotsa female types.
>
> > I have several dogs and cats that better be there waiting for me. And
> > my mom and some old friends who went before me. The rest isn't
> > important
>
> > --
> > Will in New Haven
> > "If there are gods, they do not help, and justice belongs to the
> > strong: but know that all things done before the naked stars are
> > remembered." —Klingon proverb from _The Final Reflection_ by John M.
> > Ford
>
> Yes. It would be nice to be reunited with Rusty, Max, Kitty, and Kissy.
> Kissy got killed 2 weeks ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. I still miss the cat that died years ago and
I'll miss the three I have now when they are gone.

Susan Silberstein

SkyEyes

Aug 16, 2009, 11:58:09 PM8/16/09
On Aug 14, 7:02 am, Will in New Haven

<bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 9:14 pm, Klaus Hellnick <khelln...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > Greg G. wrote:

> > > In the latest draft, beer fountains are out and beer volcanoes are in.
>
> > I would settle for a house full of electronic gadgets, a morphing
> > motorcycle, a vertical takeoff flying car with full life support and
> > interstellar drive, an ale creek, an espresso pond, a mixed orchard of
> > pretzel trees, and lotsa female types.
>
> I have several dogs and cats that better be there waiting for me. And
> my mom and some old friends who went before me. The rest isn't
> important

I'm going Over The Rainbow Bridge when I croak. I'll be with all my
pets that have gone on before me, which will be heaven, but I'll be
assigned to eternal litterbox/pooper-scooper duty, which will be
hell. A little of both, rather like meat life.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

SkyEyes

Aug 17, 2009, 12:00:02 AM8/17/09
On Aug 14, 11:07 am, Klaus Hellnick <khelln...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Oh, Klaus, I'm *so* sorry. It sucks to lose a pet. Right now my 15
year old formerly feral male cat has diabetes and his kidneys are
starting to fail. I won't have him very much longer.

Wombat

Aug 17, 2009, 1:21:31 AM8/17/09

Yes, our 14 year old female Dafna is in the same boat. Linus returned
today with what looks like a broken leg. We'll have to wait to see
what the vet says when we take him in later.

Wombat

Tim DeLaney

Aug 17, 2009, 1:45:54 AM8/17/09
wrote:
> <
> UPDATED LIST OF POOR SOULS WHO WON'T

<snip>

Please add my name to this very distinguished list.

Tim