BANNER DAY for America! - Raqqa: IS 'capital' falls to US-backed Syrian forces

Jonathan

Oct 17, 2017, 8:05:02 PM10/17/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

NOT OT to any Americans.

America is fighting a real live war
against the Russians/Iranians and
Syrians, and sadly few seem to be
aware of the ongoing campaign and
it's significance.

Raqqa: IS 'capital' falls to US-backed Syrian forces
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41646802

Great Day for America!

After a long and bruising street to street battle
closely backed by US forces, Raqqa, the former
capital of ISIS falls. This is a battle every bit
as large and desperate as many in WW2 and such
a victory should not go unnoticed or the historic
efforts of our troops unappreciated.

Now it's on to the new capital of ISIS
Al Bukamal on the Syrian Iraq border.

But US backed Kurdish forces are in
a heated race with Russian backed Iranian
and Syrian troops for the big prize of
....Syria's oil.

See map
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0091176,40.6907544,9.46z

See conflict map at the video

SYRIA WAR REPORT – OCTOBER 16, 2017: GOVERNMENT FORCES
LIBERATE CITY OF MAYADIN FROM ISIS
https://southfront.org/syria-war-report-october-16-2017-government-forces-liberate-city-of-mayadin-from-isis/

The Syrian/Iranian/Russian forces are
moving quickly south from Deir Ezzor
along the eastern bank of the Euphrates.

While the US backed Kurds have been moving
south along the western bank of the Euphrates
both fiercely competing for control over the
west bank of the Euphrates from Deir Ezzor,
through Al Mayadin to Al Bukamal on the Iraqi
border.

Whoever ends up controlling the west bank
of the Euphrates between Deir Ezzor and
Al Bukamal will control over half of Syria's
entire oil reserves.

Just today the SAA captured Al Mayadin which
could allow them to cross over to the west
side of the Euphrates and block the US backed
Kurds movement south to Al Bukamal.

Hopefully the victory in Raqqa will allow
sizeable Kurdish forces to enter the race
and help get the big prize of Syria's oil.

Some have likened this race along the Euphrates
to the race for Berlin at the end of WW2.
As the Iranians will benefit mightily from
having a land bridge from Iraq, through
Syria and Lebanon all the way to the
Mediterranean.

If Syria takes Al Bukamal it could mean
the Iranians will be in the drivers seat
for the entire region for decades.

I'm hoping the US/Kurdish forces find a way
to place troops on the west bank of Al Mayadin
to block the Syrians/Russians from crossing the river
as we did when they took Deir Ezzor.

But the Iranians and Russiansongo are putting everything
they have into the push south, so we'll see
what happens next.

I hope Pres Trump isn't too busy playing golf
to let this chance to give the Iranians a
huge geopolitical setback slip through his
fingers.

Rolf

Oct 18, 2017, 6:30:03 AM10/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

"Jonathan" <WriteI...@gmail.com> skrev i melding
> SYRIA WAR REPORT - OCTOBER 16, 2017: GOVERNMENT FORCES
If the world might be rid of the dependency on oil, the world might be a
better place to live for all of us.
Think what the consequences for all the oil exporting countries would be!

---
E-posten er sjekket for virus av AVG.
http://www.avg.com

jillery

Oct 18, 2017, 10:05:03 AM10/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:27:21 +0200, "Rolf" <rolf.a...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>If the world might be rid of the dependency on oil, the world might be a
>better place to live for all of us.
>Think what the consequences for all the oil exporting countries would be!

Think Venezuela.

--
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Attributed to Voltaire

Bob Casanova

Oct 18, 2017, 3:20:02 PM10/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:02:16 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:27:21 +0200, "Rolf" <rolf.a...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>If the world might be rid of the dependency on oil, the world might be a
>>better place to live for all of us.
>>Think what the consequences for all the oil exporting countries would be!

>Think Venezuela.

Yeah, but they did it to themselves:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/05/07/how-venezuela-ruined-its-oil-industry/#49387c997399

The world's largest proven oil reserves, and a government
(if I may use the term loosely) which couldn't find its ass
with both hands and a flashlight.
--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

Jonathan

Oct 18, 2017, 7:15:02 PM10/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Much lower oil prices would certainly put the brakes
on America's two leading adversaries, Russia and Iran.

And I think we're headed for a stock market fall soon
perhaps a very big fall. The market is pumped up high
on speculation over the big tax cut plan, but if the
legislation fails, and considering the utter incompetence
from the White House and deepening divides in the republican
party, it probably will fail, the sell off could be
sudden and massive.

A global recession would dramatically cut oil demand
and lead to lower prices, maybe much lower as the
oil producers tend to pump even more as the prices
go lower to keep revenue the same.

All I can say is it's time to turn everything into cash
just like before the Big Crash of Oct 08.

Buy low, sell high.

The market is very high right now.

raven1

Oct 18, 2017, 8:45:02 PM10/18/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 20:02:39 -0400, Jonathan <WriteI...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>NOT OT to any Americans

OT to the group in every possble respect, including this New Yorker.

jillery

Oct 19, 2017, 12:20:02 AM10/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:17:30 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:02:16 -0400, the following appeared
>in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:
>
>>On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:27:21 +0200, "Rolf" <rolf.a...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>
>>>If the world might be rid of the dependency on oil, the world might be a
>>>better place to live for all of us.
>>>Think what the consequences for all the oil exporting countries would be!
>
>>Think Venezuela.
>
>Yeah, but they did it to themselves:
>
>https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/05/07/how-venezuela-ruined-its-oil-industry/#49387c997399
>
>The world's largest proven oil reserves, and a government
>(if I may use the term loosely) which couldn't find its ass
>with both hands and a flashlight.

Venezuela was only the most vulnerable of oil-producing countries. My
impression is a plurality, if not a majority, would be in a comparable
situation if the world lost its dependence on oil.

Bob Casanova

Oct 19, 2017, 11:25:03 AM10/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 00:16:51 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:17:30 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:02:16 -0400, the following appeared
>>in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>>>Think Venezuela.
>>
>>Yeah, but they did it to themselves:
>>
>>https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/05/07/how-venezuela-ruined-its-oil-industry/#49387c997399
>>
>>The world's largest proven oil reserves, and a government
>>(if I may use the term loosely) which couldn't find its ass
>>with both hands and a flashlight.
>

>Venezuela was only the most vulnerable of oil-producing countries. My
>impression is a plurality, if not a majority, would be in a comparable
>situation if the world lost its dependence on oil.

Oh, no doubt; single-resource nations (which Vemezuela is
not, at least not to the extent of the various nations in
the Middle East) are extremely vulnerable to changes in
demand for that resource. But Venezuela essentially
committed economic suicide while the resource was still in
demand.

Both hands. Flashlight.

jillery

Oct 19, 2017, 12:20:03 PM10/19/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 08:24:35 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
If your point is to shift from one OT comment to another OT comment to
another OT comment, I suppose you make a valid point.

Wolffan

Oct 20, 2017, 5:50:04 AM10/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 2017 Oct 17, Jonathan wrote
(in article<l8KdnUIHg4R5BHvE...@giganews.com>):

> NOT OT to any Americans.

err... yes it is.

> America is fighting a real live war
> against the Russians/Iranians and
> Syrians, and sadly few seem to be
> aware of the ongoing campaign and
> it's significance.

oh, lots of people know.

> Raqqa: IS 'capital' falls to US-backed Syrian forces
> http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41646802
>
> Great Day for America!
>
> After a long and bruising street to street battle
> closely backed by US forces, Raqqa, the former
> capital of ISIS falls. This is a battle every bit
> as large and desperate as many in WW2 and such
> a victory should not go unnoticed or the historic
> efforts of our troops unappreciated.

‘our’ troops? the Kurds are ‘our’ troops? Really?
what ‘race’ was that? The anglo-american forces were told to let the
russkies have the fun, and the butcher’s bill, of taking berlin, as part of
the yalta agreement. patton and montgomery bitched about it, but were told to
shut up and soldier. the russkies took berlin, raping everything female
between six and sixty... and soaking up lots of casualties from the last
defenders. the 128mm flak guns on the zoo tower ate whole tank regiments
before being knocked out; charlemagne, the french waffen-ss unit, held at
better than five to one odds for three days in front of der furherbunker,
denying the russkies of the ability to say that they took it on May Day.
other ss held litterally to the last man (that’s what happens when you
_know_ that no prisoners will be taken) to allow others to escape to the west
to surrender to the anglo-americans. (not that it did many of ‘em much
good; the same agreement which handed berlin to the russkies said that the
anglo-americans would turn over certain classes of prisoners to the russkies,
so the ‘black cossacks’ were sent back to SMERSH as part of operation
keelhaul.

> As the Iranians will benefit mightily from
> having a land bridge from Iraq, through
> Syria and Lebanon all the way to the
> Mediterranean.
>
> If Syria takes Al Bukamal it could mean
> the Iranians will be in the drivers seat
> for the entire region for decades.
>
> I'm hoping the US/Kurdish forces find a way
> to place troops on the west bank of Al Mayadin
> to block the Syrians/Russians from crossing the river
> as we did when they took Deir Ezzor.
>
> But the Iranians and Russiansongo are putting everything
> they have into the push south, so we'll see
> what happens next.
>
> I hope Pres Trump isn't too busy playing golf
> to let this chance to give the Iranians a
> huge geopolitical setback slip through his
> fingers.

i notice that you’re not volunteering to pick up a rifle.

Bob Casanova

Oct 20, 2017, 2:20:02 PM10/20/17
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:16:07 -0400, the following appeared
Nope; just an observation/expansion about your selected
example.

And since IIRC it started with a jonathan post, of *course*
it's OT.