BanQiao mini MakerFaire / 板橋迷你Maker Faire展

Devry (Tzu-Hsuan) Lin

Oct 7, 2016, 8:54:48 AM10/7/16
to Taipei Hackerspace
想要展出你的作品嗎?這個月板橋有個Mini Maker Faire.
Want to present your work to the public! Here is you chance at BanQiao mini maker faire.

Date and time: 2016-10-29 (Saturday) to 10-30 (Sunday), 10am - 5pm
活動日期:2016年10月29~30日,(星期六、星期日)上午10點 - 下午5點
Where: New Taipei City Government Building (#161, Secion 1, Zhongshan Rd, New Taipei City)
活動地點:新北市政府大樓與市民廣場 ( 220新北市板橋區中山路一段161號)

Devry is going to be there for both days if Hackerspace signed up. We are looking for people who are willing to present their work! If you are willing present your work, please let us know what you would like to present and whether if you can be present at the fair for a little while.
如果參展,Devry那兩天可以顧攤.我們還需要人帶作品來展出。如果你想要展出東西的話,在這裡說一聲你要展什麼和你人什麼時候會在會場。

Thanks!
感謝!

Kai Carver

Oct 7, 2016, 10:30:22 PM10/7/16
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
I don't have anything fancy to show, but like for the Taipei Maker Faire I can come with some general stuff presenting the hackerspace and some past or current half-baked projects.

I'll bring the LASS pollution device (maybe 2 or 3 different ones), the ESP8266 checkin machine (if it's not fixed maybe I can fix it during the Faire...), some webapps I want to make progress on like the pushups coach, the ride.taipei Youbike map, a cuckoo clock, and some 3D-printed gizmos.

It's good to have a lot of stuff people can look at and play with without having to talk, so lots of screens and toys to put on the table are good. Oh and in addition to the old 創 tshirts I hope to have some 創 tote bags made, or maybe I can make them at the Faire, it's a bit messy with the ink but hey... Make!

oh and don't forget business cards. If you don't have any, you can print hackerspace cards with your own name easily on A4 paper with this:
I find it's better to have cheapo irregularly cu paper name cards than to not have anything :)

Gergely Imreh

Oct 8, 2016, 4:09:33 AM10/8/16
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
Hi,

The Check-In machine is cool, can connect it to the net there, and use it :)
If you make some tote bags, I'd like to have too, if possible ;)
Will see to collect the half-baked pictures from before, to create a little album, or something. Will think whether there's any other interesting thing I can contribute from here.
Cheers for going, should be fun!

     Greg

Kai Carver

Oct 28, 2016, 3:24:03 AM10/28/16
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
Hi all,

Well, we didn't get around to doing the application (I ran out of time), so we won't have a booth, but all is not lost!

I suggest we just go guerrilla-style with whatever we want to show and colonize tables of people we know there* (I think Yusuke and Wuulong will be there, probably others), or just mill about meeting people and representing the hackerspace in person.

I plan to go Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I look forward to riding a YouBike there (if I can figure out the correct address... is this it? https://goo.gl/maps/aBE7Cou8X3S2 ) I will bring our LASS mobile pollution detector, some hackerspace t-shirts, maybe some bags if I get around to making some today, and some screens to show slides or other info about the hackerspace.

See you there!

PS: Make sure to bring business cards, they're really useful, and you'll be sorry if you don't have any.
You can just use the template I use, using this web page and filling in your name, email, and phone number and printing on A4 paper:
The result looks really cheap, but I use them all the time, and am gradually getting less embarrassed about them :D
If you want a nicer-looking and more official-looking hackerspace business card, ask Simon kai....@gmail.com , he sent me a file but it was too fancy and complicated to use for me.

* (look forward to reading in Monday's paper: "Foreign Hacker Arrested in Banqiao for Stealing Table Space at Maker Faire" :D )