Open House / Half Baked Demos tomorrow evening

Kai Carver

Mar 12, 2017, 11:38:30 PM3/12/17
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
Hello people,

Tomorrow is our bi-monthly Open House event, everyone is welcome!

We will also around 7 pm have our popular Half-Baked Demos: come talk about / show us your unfinished projects, we love discussing work-in-progress.

So far we should have half-baked presentations by Kai and Devry, possibly Vincent, possibly Matthias visiting from Germany, also Mr. Friday?! Yusuke?
Long-time half-baked pillar Greg is in London, but maybe he can present by video...?

And we hope more people:
just grab anyone you know, say, hey, do you want to present something?
Everyone has half-baked projects.
Everyone has something interesting to say for 5-10 minutes.
Everyone is shy, but with a little encouragement they are willing to present.

It does not need to have slides or preparation.
演講可以用中文。 不必用英語。
We recommend short presentations of 5-10 minutes, longer if we have time and/or interest.

As for me (Kai), I will present uh... something! I made a little thing for learning language by having my browser talk to me, totally half-baked, maybe present that.
Also maybe briefly talk about my latest language-learning tool infatuation, https://wordswing.com/
It's not my project, and it's 3/4 baked, but it's nice, done by friend of hackerspace Olle Linge, with Kevin Bullaughey, using ember.js
... and maybe an update on my progress with LASS pollution detection devices
And I may (half-) bake bread, bring cheese, wine, ... who knows.
Hope to see you there!