New to Taipei, interested in running workshops

Rodolfo Cossovich

May 17, 2016, 11:42:28 PM5/17/16
to Taipei Hackerspace
Hi there !

My name is Rudi and I am very interested in running workshops in your Fabcafe. I am normally based in Shanghai and a frequent member of XCJ hackerspace. I am in Taipei because of personal reasons. I thought it would to have an experience here as well.

I have taught robotics to kids in the last years ( http://ks.multiplo.org ) . I also teach it at NYU in Shanghai: http://ima.nyu.sh/introduction-to-robotics/syllabus/ . My latest creation is a tiny robot to teach kids programming ( http://plobot.com )

I attach a some courses that I designed and I can teach. My ideal dates would be in July. Let me know if there is a time to join in an open night or a community manager I could talk to.

Best,
Rudi
Explorium Workshops.pdf

Elena Nien

May 18, 2016, 10:26:46 AM5/18/16
to Taipei Hackerspace
Hi ~

Maybe I can help you to open the door on Sunday with my poor english.

The class fee is NT 900. Should I pay for every class.

But maybe we're not sure how many kids will join the class. Sometimes Just 1~2kids register and attanded.

Our space are not big. Just 10~15kid's space seat.

Rodolfo Cossovich

May 18, 2016, 11:51:47 AM5/18/16
to taipeiha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Elena for your help !

I am not interested in having a group bigger than 10 kids, but 1 seems to be too small.

May be somebody else has suggestions where can I run a tech workshop for kids?

Thanks again,
Rudi

Kai Carver

May 20, 2016, 12:06:13 AM5/20/16
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
Hi Rudi,

I recommend that you come to the space to have a look. There is no cost for using the space, and how many people show up depends a lot on how it is advertised. Elena is right that more than 10-15 kids is not practical, but 10 kids should be fine.

As you can see from the calendar on our web site, we have long had regular events for kids on Saturdays, hosted by Mr Friday. Feel free to stop by to see how those go.

You can stop by the space any time someone is there, check the calendar or give a call or we can make an appointment. If you pick a time it should be possible to find someone to meet with you and open the space for you.

Our next open house is Tuesday evening, that could also be a good time to stop by, it would be nice to meet you!

PS: we are not a Fabcafe, we are a non-profit hackerspace run by volunteers. So we don't have a huge number of tools, though we do have a few, like soldering irons, power supply, 3d printer, paper cutters, projector, ...

Rodolfo Cossovich

May 20, 2016, 12:15:08 AM5/20/16
to taipeiha...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Kai for your throughout answer. I will show up tomorrow to check out the event from Mr. Friday.

So glad that hackerspaces exist! Tools are not so important as people...

Rodolfo Cossovich

Jul 8, 2016, 12:03:46 AM7/8/16
to taipeiha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elena! I overlooked at your email. I think I should re-post in chinese to see if there is anybody interested in promoting it further. 2 kids is a bit too small I think.

Thanks!
Rudi

Elena Nien

Jul 8, 2016, 12:32:42 AM7/8/16
to taipeihackerspace@googlegroups com

0936171178。I will open the door for you on Sunday in July. Tell me   exactly.the time 。 I need to booking the time on Hackerspace calender.

Elena