info after going to Maker Faire setup day

Kai Carver

May 6, 2016, 5:47:31 AM5/6/16
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
Hi hackers,

I stopped by the Maker Faire to see what kind of setup we will have, photos below.

Some info for anyone wanting to go:

- The Maker Faire is a bit far from the Shilin metro station. 20-minute walk, or you can take a bus or Youbike.

- It's in a rather nice building with a great view from the 7th floor if you take the "time travel" elevator

- There are gift shops and coffee shops, and some nice parks surrounding it, wtih a model of the solar system and water-based interactive fountains (if memory serves, I didn't go today)

- The hackerspace booth is in the basement. If you come in the main entrance, go right, then you can go down one flight of stairs, then look for table 55, which was labeled B155 (because it's on floor B1... took a while for everyone, including organizers, to figure that out haha).

- The tables are in a parking lot-like space, so outside, but in the shade, not too hot, but not too nice a space :)

- We just have a table and two chairs, so if you want to hang anything up, you have to bring your own stands, or at least some tape to hang stuff off the table.

- A few people had set up their tables (see photos), but most tables were still empty when I was there.

- There are two power sockets, so it might be a good idea to bring a power strip.

- Forgot to check if there will be wifi.

- I think it will be open to everyone, but I do have 3 passes that don't have names on them. The plan was one for Greg, one for Mr Friday, and one for me. Not sure what they are for, to be honest.

I'll be at the hackerspace booth starting tomorrow morning. Stop by and say hi, and bring stuff if you want to show anything!

Photos of Maker Faire Setup:

Gergely Imreh

May 6, 2016, 7:03:42 AM5/6/16
to Taipei Hackerspace Group
Hi Kai,

Thanks for the summary!
I'll be there tomorrow, plan to stick around the whole day, mostly for the Faire, because haven't had a chance to make any projects recently (*sadface*). Will think whether I can bring anything that might be useful...

Cheers!
   Greg