Tagalicious 1.1.2b6

simX

Feb 8, 2011, 3:18:27 AM2/8/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
Hey all --

You can download Tagalicious 1.1.2b6 by going here:
http://files.thelittleappfactory.com/tagalicious/Tagalicious_1.1.2b6.zip

Improvements since 1.1.2b1:

• the "Reset Tagged State" menu item is now named "Mark as Untagged"
• fix a bug where the correctly selected artwork may not have been
transferred to iTunes
• deactivated the "No Artwork" playlist because it was causing some
crashes for users (to replicate this functionality, simply create a
similar playlist in iTunes and then restart Tagalicious)
• artwork in the Details pane is now correctly sized proportionally,
rather than always being stretched to fill the artwork area
• correctly update the UI when a track can't be found, rather than
saying an "unknown error" occurred
• handle the case when updating a track in iTunes fails -- instead of
simply saying the track was correctly updated, say an error occurred
• if MusicBrainz doesn't return a result for whether a track is part
of a compilation, assume it's not and continue looking up the tags
(instead of displaying an error)

-- Simone

simX

Feb 13, 2011, 3:02:21 AM2/13/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
*crickets*

MClark

Feb 14, 2011, 11:32:32 AM2/14/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
I've used b6 a few times. Haven't run into any problems. Most stable
build yet.

On Feb 13, 3:02 am, simX <simsimb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *crickets*

simX

Feb 14, 2011, 6:45:06 PM2/14/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
Cool, good to hear! Anybody else?

-- Simone

leth

Feb 15, 2011, 11:40:56 AM2/15/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users

I tagged a few songs without any problems. Only when you tag a song,
mark it as untagged, and try to tag it again, you get a red
exclamation point. This happens when artist or album was changed
during first tagging.

Cu leth

Annifey

Feb 16, 2011, 4:21:17 AM2/16/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
Interesting!
I keep getting more of those exclamation points...

I will test your theory as soon as possible.

/Annifey

simX

Feb 18, 2011, 4:54:58 PM2/18/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
leth: I am unable to reproduce this problem. Can you send me an audio
file for a song that causes this to happen? simone [at] tlaf [dawt]
com.

Annifey: By "keep getting more of those exclamation points", do you
mean you get them on songs that previously were correctly tagged? Can
you send me an audio file that works in 1.1.1 but that doesn't in the
latest 1.1.2 beta? Exclamation points are normal sometimes; if
Tagalicious can't identify a song, it will give you that error. It
depends on whether the database can identify the song or not. This is
only a problem if Tagalicious was previously correctly tagging these
songs.

-- Simone

ahar...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2011, 1:11:21 AM2/20/11
to tagalicious...@googlegroups.com
One thing I am noticing in Tagalicious more and more is that my original song will have a complete set of lyrics but the new tags Tagalicious finds are incomplete (usually simply truncated). Can you add logic to Tagalicious so that if this should happen, Tagalicious assumes the original ones are better than the replacement ones?

Andy

Feb 20, 2011, 1:17:29 AM2/20/11
to tagalicious...@googlegroups.com
Agreed,same problem here....
--
Andy Harris
417-861-6661

ahar...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2011, 1:20:42 AM2/20/11
to tagalicious...@googlegroups.com
I must say, though, this beta is by far the fastest, most stable beta I've used. Nice work!

leth

Feb 20, 2011, 1:39:09 PM2/20/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
Hy Simone,

this is not a song specific problem. I think it happens because I let
iTunes organize my music files. So I try to describe the problem
again:

1.) Take a song with a missing album or artist tag.
2.) Tag it in Tagalicious and send the tags to iTunes.
3.) Select the song in Tagalicious again and mark it as untagged.
4.) Try to tag it again -> Tagalicious says that it could not locate
the specified song file.

ITunes changes the location of the file after tagalicious sent the
tags. Either tagalicious actualizes the file location after it sends
tags to iTunes or it disables the option to mark a files as untagged,
after it has send the tags. I also realized, that tagalicious shows
the old tags when you untag a song. But these are not the current tags
of the file, when you already sent them to iTunes.

Just my 2cent :-)

Cu leth

simX

Feb 20, 2011, 2:46:45 PM2/20/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
Leth --

Thanks for that detailed explanation! I had figured out parts of this
before, but you've made it perfectly clear what is happening. You're
right on target: iTunes is moving the file, and Tagalicious doesn't
know where it is anymore, so it fails to be able to tag it after that.

I'll see what I can do to fix this. Thanks again!

-- Simone

simX

Feb 20, 2011, 2:48:12 PM2/20/11
to Tagalicious Beta Users
aharpole, Andy:

Yep, I've noticed this problem, and this is due to some lyrics not
being available from the lyrics site that Tagalicious uses. (The
artist contacts the site and requests to remove the lyrics, but for
some reason they leave the first few lines of text in their database,
which is annoying.)

The fix for this might not make it into 1.1.2, though. I'll
definitely put this in 1.2 though.

-- Simone