API Cache expiring

Anthony Fiti

Jul 12, 2017, 10:39:26 PM7/12/17
to Taffy Users
In my application.cfc, I have set "this.applicaitontimeout" set to six hours ( this.applicationTimeout = createtimespan(0,6,0,0)). Does this impact how often Taffy will expire the API cache? Is there any way to tell the Taffy framework to expire the API cache every X hours? We recently upgraded our CF instance (CF 2016 SP3 to SP4) and it broke the Taffy API (2.x version) but we didn't find out until the API cache had expired.

Thank you.

Adam Tuttle

Jul 14, 2017, 4:30:35 PM7/14/17
to Taffy Users
The API cache lives as long as the application itself. When the application resets, so does the API cache. If you want it to reset more frequently, yes, you can just adjust the application timeout accordingly.

Another option might be a scheduled task that requests the reload url.