URI Token overridden by incoming arguments

Jason Durham

Jan 30, 2015, 2:41:31 PM1/30/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
We have a resource configured to respond to /user/{userID}.  During testing, we mistakenly passed into this endpoint a parameter called "userID" and found that it overrode the token.  In looking at the source, this appears to be the desired behavior in buildRequestArguments.  So what is the best practice for token naming conventions?

Jason Durham

Adam Tuttle

Jan 30, 2015, 3:10:39 PM1/30/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
You're right that this was intentional! I've never heard of anyone building a convention to get around it, though.

If I had to, I'd probably prefix my token names with uri_ or token_ or something like that.

Adam

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Jason Durham <jqdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have a resource configured to respond to /user/{userID}.  During testing, we mistakenly passed into this endpoint a parameter called "userID" and found that it overrode the token.  In looking at the source, this appears to be the desired behavior in buildRequestArguments.  So what is the best practice for token naming conventions?

Jason Durham

Jason Durham

Jan 30, 2015, 3:39:28 PM1/30/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply.  We'll do as you suggested.

Jason

Jason Durham