Taffy logging BugLogHQ REST

Cory Silva

Dec 17, 2014, 3:11:38 PM12/17/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
I am confused; we cannot get taffy to log our exception to BugLogHq.  So far we have:
  • followed the taffy\examples\api_BugLogHQ closely (except for using REST)***
  • tested the BugLogHq REST service and it is working
  • made sure that this component resolves
    createObject("component", "bugLog.client.bugLogService")

Note***:
We are using REST because my BugLogHQ is on another server and subdomain is this a correct assumption?  We could have used SOAP, but not the .CFC client right?

Taffy framework variables:
                exceptionLogAdapter = "taffy.bonus.LogToBugLogHQ",
exceptionLogAdapterConfig = {
bugEmailRecipients = "in...@domain.com",
bugEmailSender = "donot...@domain.com",
hostname = "DEV",
apikey = "123"
}

Any guidance or advise will be much appreciated.

Adam Tuttle

Dec 17, 2014, 3:18:55 PM12/17/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Are you getting any errors?

Adam

Cory Silva

Dec 17, 2014, 6:37:05 PM12/17/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
No I am not getting any errors; which is fueling my confusion.

Adam Tuttle

Dec 17, 2014, 8:45:13 PM12/17/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
I guess start sticking in some dumps & aborts where Taffy calls out to the exception log adapter, to see where it goes wrong?

Adam

Cory Silva

Dec 18, 2014, 11:15:22 AM12/18/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah duh; I am still learning how to debug coldfusion.  I will drill writeDump and abort into my brain!

I found that one of our developers redefined onError in the application.cfc therefor Taffy's onError was never being called...  Everything is working as it is intended, now I just need to fix some SSL handshake issues on our BugLogHq server.

Thanks!

Adam Tuttle

Dec 18, 2014, 11:29:51 AM12/18/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com

No worries, we all forget it now and then.

You are free to override onError but may want to call super.onError(), too.

Glad you got it sorted!