whitelist OPTIONS requests?

Jonathan Price

Jan 20, 2015, 9:27:57 PM1/20/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Do you guys tend to do this, or should I treat it with the same authentication requirements (i.e. a request token) as other verbs?

Adam Tuttle

Jan 21, 2015, 11:21:09 AM1/21/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
If it's an AJAX CORS options request, then it should contain the authentication information anyway: that's half the point of the request ("if I changed the verb to {verb}, would this work? also what are acceptable verbs and headers at this URI?")

So my gut says you should enforce the same auth rules for options requests. If the options request fails, it means the following request would fail too.

Adam

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Jonathan Price <purit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you guys tend to do this, or should I treat it with the same authentication requirements (i.e. a request token) as other verbs?

Puritan Paul

Jan 21, 2015, 5:27:23 PM1/21/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Makes sense to me.  I'm having trouble getting Angular to include it in the headers for OPTIONS, and this was my lazy workaround. Thanks.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Taffy Users" group.