Most likely a problem on my end

Jonathan Price

Jan 5, 2015, 12:59:10 AM1/5/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
But I'm having a really difficult time.

The company I'm doing some work for needs a small set of RESTful functionality - REST being a very new endeavor for me - and I've got a problem that's probably something on my end.

Locally, I just made a subdirectory called rest, put taffy in there, and made a simple resource.  Everything works great.  The dashboard comes up, easy peasy.

When I push this subdirectory to my remote area, it's a different story.  When I go to the rest subdir remotely, I get a blank screen.  No errors, no feedback, nada.  I'm relatively sure this isn't exactly taffy related, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post in hopes that someone may have seen something similar.  Just looking for leads I'm not thinking of.

My taffy application file is super simple:

component extends="taffy.core.api" {
    this.name = "OTechREST";

    variables.framework = {
        reloadKey = "reload",
        reloadPassword = "true",
        reloadOnEveryRequest = true
    };
}

Thanks.
Jonahtan

Jonathan Price

Jan 5, 2015, 1:29:20 AM1/5/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention - the top-level Application.cfc file has the mappings defined as such:

<cfset this.mappings['/resources'] = expandPath('./rest/resources')>
<cfset this.mappings['/taffy'] = expandPath('./rest/taffy')>

We also tried creating those mappings in the CF admin.

Puritan Paul

Jan 5, 2015, 2:21:08 AM1/5/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Oiy, I’m too tired to be doing this now.  Last message to say that I now realize that those mapping don’t belong in the top-level Application.cfc.  They’re now in the (I presume) correct location.

We’ve tried each of the variations documented (outside webroot, webroot, sub-dir) for taffy, and I’m still just getting the blank white screen.

My bleariness isn’t helping, so I’ll pick this back up tomorrow.    All suggestions appreciated.

Sorry for all the messages.

Jonathan

Cameron Childress

Jan 5, 2015, 9:02:35 AM1/5/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 12:59 AM, Jonathan Price wrote:
When I push this subdirectory to my remote area, it's a different story.  When I go to the rest subdir remotely, I get a blank screen.

When this happens to me I usually nuke everything remote and just start very basic to make sure CF is even configured correctly. In your case I think this would probably mean just dropping a test.cfm file into that subdirectory (along with a blank Application.cfc) that outputs #now()#.

If that works, start adding other bits back till you find the broken part.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress

Adam Tuttle

Jan 5, 2015, 10:19:25 AM1/5/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
The other thing to check, since we're talking about REST, is the actual http response. You're getting a white page, but what does the response from the server look like? Pull your browser's developer tools and inspect the request. If the status code is anything other than 200 that will be a clue, as well as whatever headers/body may be returned...

Adam

Puritan Paul

Jan 5, 2015, 2:49:09 PM1/5/15
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys - figured it out pretty quickly this morning.  Sometimes I need to be told to go back to the beginning…

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Taffy Users" group.